Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:01:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Beye (and agent) seeking FA action  (Read 2662 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Beye (and agent) seeking FA action
« Reply #1 on January 23, 2012, 05:12:24 pm by Mr1Croft »
I always look forward to your posts jonnydog, must be something to do with the avatar...

:whistle:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 23, 2012, 05:17:15 pm by jonnydog »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=214751
I always look forward to your posts jonnydog, must be something to do with the avatar...

:whistle:

Certainly aint the content :thumbsup:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 23, 2012, 05:36:55 pm by The Red Baron »
Well, I wish him the best of British, but I'd say his chances of an appeal are slim and none- and slim's just left town.

The whole point of how the Law on Serious Foul Play is formulated and interpreted is intended to get round the \"mind reading\" that referees used to be asked to do. The danger of the tackle, not the intent, is judged by the referee. So players can't get away (or shouldn't) with the old \"I was going for the ball, ref\" defence. In this case the referee, rightly or wrongly, has judged that Beye's tackle was dangerous, out of control and endangering the safety of his opponent.

The ref didn't send him off for \"intent\" (otherwise Beye could argue that he was trying to block the cross) but for a dangerous tackle. His only chance of winning an appeal would be to prove the tackle wasn't dangerous and the ref had got it wrong. But after the decision by the FA Appeals Panel to uphold Vincent Kompany's red card then I think the bar has been set very high- too high for Beye to win an appeal, unfortunately.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 23, 2012, 06:13:06 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=214757
Well, I wish him the best of British, but I'd say his chances of an appeal are slim and none- and slim's just left town.

The whole point of how the Law on Serious Foul Play is formulated and interpreted is intended to get round the \"mind reading\" that referees used to be asked to do. The danger of the tackle, not the intent, is judged by the referee. So players can't get away (or shouldn't) with the old \"I was going for the ball, ref\" defence. In this case the referee, rightly or wrongly, has judged that Beye's tackle was dangerous, out of control and endangering the safety of his opponent.

The ref didn't send him off for \"intent\" (otherwise Beye could argue that he was trying to block the cross) but for a dangerous tackle. His only chance of winning an appeal would be to prove the tackle wasn't dangerous and the ref had got it wrong. But after the decision by the FA Appeals Panel to uphold Vincent Kompany's red card then I think the bar has been set very high- too high for Beye to win an appeal, unfortunately.

A beautiful summary there.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 23, 2012, 06:38:59 pm by Donnywolf »
Knowing OUR luck of late the FA will introduce an \"intent\" to lodge a trivial appeal just before hearing Beyes case

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 23, 2012, 07:13:30 pm by Donnybax »
if he successfully appeals it will be a shocking decision. It was a straight red from a really dangerous lunging tackle. Had that challenge been on a rovers player we would all be livid

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 23, 2012, 08:35:38 pm by Spankster »
Looks like a perfectly good tackle to me :angry:

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 23, 2012, 09:13:53 pm by southwestexile »
The tackle wasn't that bad in my opinion but was certainly careless in the current climate - stats show played 10, 5 yellows, 1 red - you'd think that a player so concerned about maxing the number of games he plays would use his experience a bit more so that stayed on the pitch.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 24, 2012, 12:13:57 am by roverstillidie91 »
It was a disgraceful challenge from him, cant defend it in any possible way. If the opponent was a bit quicker he would of broke his leg. What was going through beye's head i will never know. When i saw it on t.v i couldnt believe what i was seeing. 1-0 down and in need of everyone keeping there discipline and he goes and does a brainless thing like that. And in the corner flag as well, don't see why Saunders and JR are defending him. Should be fined 2 weeks wages in my opinion. Just put us back to square one again regards to the central defence situation. And when you view it i no the player wasnt that close to the ball making it mind boggle as to why he didnt just stay on his feet and jockey him into the corner and retrieve it back if possible.

Just hope it doesnt cost us in the long run.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 24, 2012, 09:32:39 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Donnybax\" post=214807
if he successfully appeals it will be a shocking decision. It was a straight red from a really dangerous lunging tackle. Had that challenge been on a rovers player we would all be livid

Just seem it on highlights and agree on all counts.

Anyone point me towards the the Copps incident or was that not spotted ?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 24, 2012, 09:39:53 am by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"DONNYWOLF\" post=214922

Just seem it on highlights and agree on all counts.

Anyone point me towards the the Copps incident or was that not spotted ?
not seen video evidence but from where I was it's wasn't a 50 50 ball it was copps to win which he did. There player seemed to intentially go for copps and I thought caught him both with the arm and his head right on his cheekbone

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 24, 2012, 09:58:07 am by mutleyrover »
Had that challenge been on a rovers player we would all be livid

Would have been interesting to see if it would have resulted in a red card had it been commited by a Bristol player.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 24, 2012, 03:35:11 pm by donnievic »
Quote from: \"mutleyrover\" post=214930
Had that challenge been on a rovers player we would all be livid

Would have been interesting to see if it would have resulted in a red card had it been commited by a Bristol player.

Yeah i think it would have been,for me it was similiar to Kompany's challenge which resulted in a red.He lunged in with both feet off the floor even though when he gets to the ball he is on the ground sliding in with one foot.However not sure what the linesman is giving who was right there,seems to signal for a throwin although the ball goes behind.In doesn't at anytime signal for a free kick

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 24, 2012, 04:59:24 pm by Milepostuk »
Interesting to see the still on DRFC site(Sorry can't post links) but, he certainly lunged for the ball and, not the player, as the player is 3-4 feet away from the ball when Beye is already in the air going towards the ball. (And it looks like one leg is under his ass). I agree though, it was a poor decision and unnecessary.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 24, 2012, 06:11:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Whilst it is true at the moment Beye was airborne with studs up the other player was certainly 3-4 feet from the ball, they were both travelling at such speed it would be impossible to judge the point of contact so precisely, and judging by the trajectory of the ball after they came together it looks like the winger got there first so it certainly was a dangerous tackle in my view.

As others have said, a needless and totally senseless challenge which you have to say probably cost us at least a point.

Having watched the challenge on Copps again and again it gets worse every time.  No intent to get the ball whatsoever and as JR said, on the street that would be a criminal offense.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 24, 2012, 06:26:50 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"roverstillidie91\" post=214896
It was a disgraceful challenge from him, cant defend it in any possible way. If the opponent was a bit quicker he would of broke his leg. What was going through beye's head i will never know. When i saw it on t.v i couldnt believe what i was seeing. 1-0 down and in need of everyone keeping there discipline and he goes and does a brainless thing like that. And in the corner flag as well, don't see why Saunders and JR are defending him. Should be fined 2 weeks wages in my opinion. Just put us back to square one again regards to the central defence situation. And when you view it i no the player wasnt that close to the ball making it mind boggle as to why he didnt just stay on his feet and jockey him into the corner and retrieve it back if possible.

Just hope it doesnt cost us in the long run.

Disagree entirely , would you be making the same argument if the Brizzle player was a bit slower than he actually was..........it was NOT a 2 footed tackle Jeez why can't you see that ? :angry:
As for fines and being brainless are you for real ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012