Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:58:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR on the warpath!  (Read 10506 times)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
Re: JR on the warpath!
« Reply #30 on January 23, 2012, 09:22:50 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=214851
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=214848
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=214847
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=214842
http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/143093-doncaster-take-legal-advice/

Let's be honest, we're a laughing stock!

Saunders and that massive ego!

To be perfectly honest, I don`t give a shit about what other teams and their fans think about us!

I dont, but when they used to respect us and now dont, and now they hate us, not good!

I don`t give a shit if they respect us or not, i don`t care about other teams or their principles, I don`t want to be known as that nice little team from Yorkshire, I want us to get nasty and ruthless like most other teams are when they play us!

I could have told you that when Dave Penney left!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 23, 2012, 09:26:04 pm by southwestexile »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=214846
PS,

I hope Tottenham Hotspur are going to take legal action against that knob 'ed Balotelli!

good old squeaky clean spurs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Balotelli is fantastic - he gives away his wages like a footballing Robin Hood and despises footballer winkers

Got to say that having had a quick glance at the Brizzle site that it's great to meet fans with a mature and intelligent view of the game, pity most on that forum don't fall into the category

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 23, 2012, 09:35:33 pm by A9 »
Quote from: \"glosterred\" post=214811
Just a thought if JR is on the warpath about the poor refereeing decision for the Copps challenge and the Beye red card - why can we not use video evidence to get their player charged and the red card recinded? Or does that only apply to the Premier league. The game was video'd so it must show the incident.

:scarf:

We can't get the player involved in the Coppinger foul charged. The referee saw the incident because he gave the free kick. Once a ref has taken action, the FA can't then relook at it as they deem it that the ref has already dealt with it! Only if something is missed can the FA charge someone afterwards.

There are proper procedures Clubs, refs and the FA should follow, we can't just run off threatening legal action, we'll just end up with E3 and E20 charges left right and centre. We've got to be smarter in how we approach the situations to win cases.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 23, 2012, 09:39:28 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"southwestexile\" post=214854
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=214846
PS,

I hope Tottenham Hotspur are going to take legal action against that knob 'ed Balotelli!

good old squeaky clean spurs :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Balotelli is fantastic - he gives away his wages like a footballing Robin Hood and despises footballer winkers

Got to say that having had a quick glance at the Brizzle site that it's great to meet fans with a mature and intelligent view of the game, pity most on that forum don't fall into the category

Good for Balotelli, he and Saunders could be best friends as their ego's are huge!

Wait a minute..... southwest exile, that near Bristol, you on't cider as well?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 23, 2012, 09:53:48 pm by MrFrost »
I'm afraid reading that Bristol City forum sums up what the footballing world think of us now, and lets be fair, if this was any other club who had adopted a similar policy regarding transfers and the way we conduct our affairs, we could be saying the same thing.
It is an utter embarrassment to be frank. Why we have to bring attention to ourselves by threatening to take completely unjust legal action is an absolute disgrace.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 23, 2012, 09:58:16 pm by donnyroversfc »
Everything the club have done recently has sounded like a publicity stunt to me.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 23, 2012, 10:13:46 pm by hoolahoop »

To be perfectly honest, I don`t give a shit about what other teams and their fans think about us!

I dont, but when they used to respect us and now dont, and now they hate us, not good!

Of course they don't 'hate us', quite honestly I don't give a flying fook if they did. They know the truth and it's not that being espoused on their forum ; they are merely protecting their own player.
We need to let these shite ref. decisions 'game after game' alone.........we won't get anywhere the fuss we've kicked up before is obviously imo leading to more and more biased refereeing, hence being turned down for both penno appeals against Cardiff last week. :angry:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 23, 2012, 10:14:19 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Gartom\" post=214768
John just called to say he is on Football Heaven tonight. He would like Rovers fans support tonight - as he is on the warpath re the poor ref decision against Copps, the lack of quality refs we have had to endure for a long time and the need to voice our discontent yet again.
As that man says at the Keepmoat...c'mon make some noise ! ......
Never heard JR so agitated- but I was at the match and he has a point !
Cheers and thanks for your support,
Gareth

I agree with him that refereeing standards are poor- you only have to look at the Premier League to prove that- but complaining and threatening legal action won't improve them.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 23, 2012, 10:17:22 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=214870

Of course they don't 'hate us', quite honestly I don't give a flying fook if they did. They know the truth and it's not that being espoused on their forum ; they are merely protecting their own player.
We need to let these shite ref. decisions 'game after game' alone.........we won't get anywhere the fuss we've kicked up before is obviously imo leading to more and more biased refereeing, hence being turned down for both penno appeals against Cardiff last week. :angry:

As I said earlier, JR complaining about poor decisions is hardly new. Remember the fuss we made over Chris Foy's failure to send off a Hartlepool player for a fairly obvious case of DOGSO? You have to ask yourself whether it is proving to be counter-productive.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 23, 2012, 10:50:13 pm by Surrey Rover »
I agree with alot JR said but nothing will change and I think Dean and John have to accept incompetent referees are an occupational hazard. To be honest a lot of them are out of their depth and when faced with a highly charged atmosphere and a big decision they'll lean towards the big clubs simply because the backlash is going to carry less weight from the clubs with the smaller fan base.

Fred Graham is a poor referee in my opinion. He was demoted after his first season in the football league yet was subsequently reinstated at a later stage. It says a lot about the quality of referees coming through the system if those initially deemed not good enough are re-employed! His incompetence was there for all to see on Saturday.

We shouldn't let Grahams display paper over the cracks though. He probably missed the Coppinger incident because he wasn't focused and concentrating. Obviously an issue that became infectious because it had clearly infected James Hayter when Diouf's cross found him six yards out with the goal at his mercy and rather than react and thump the ball into the net it literally hit him and bounced into the grateful arms of David James. A wonderful opportunity had gone begging and sixty seconds later Beye lost his man as yet another cross came in from the right and the hosts were one up. On the balance of play they were well worth their lead but just how the game would have played out had Hayter taken that chance we'll never know.

Five minutes later it was 2-0 and Rovers were down to ten men. Yet from that point onwards Rovers who now had to set up a more defensive formation became harder to break down and less vulnerable at the back. So much so that we won the second half 1-0. Rather than dwell on another display of shocking refereeing Saunders  would do better to look at how we played with a more solid defensive structure and take that into the game a week tomorrow at the KC Stadium. It's a suggestion that is far more likely to get a much needed positive result as opposed to seeking legal advice over the action of  match officials.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 23, 2012, 10:59:36 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
How can you seek legal action when football is a contact sport?  Not as if
The player punched Copps in the face.
JR seriously why are you doing this? It will get nowhere same with the Lewis Dunk thing. (Which I'm sick of hearing about.) so basically John. What your saying is every challenge where a player comes off with bad injury due to a challenge that wasn't intended to do that level of damage should seek legal advice? Okay.
Wayne Thomas on Michael Chopra.
Put yourself in the 'culprits' shoes John. What would you say if Bristol was seeking legal advice against Doncaster?.... Everything I've said above?

You do alot of good things for Doncaster Rovers. But these legal battles will never ever work. Concentrate on keeping this club in the league. Not this.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 23, 2012, 11:43:39 pm by RoversAlias »
My two penneth worth already added on the stupid 'legal action' crap, let me say here also that why must we continue bleating on about the referees costing us games? Beye asked for a red card by lunging in with two feet. He was late, we know he has discipline problems. Simply put he deserved to be sent off.

These decisions don't even themselves out over the season? Or do people just ignore it when they actually do? I seem to remember a few weeks ago George Friend utterly flattened an onrushing striker when he was clean through, and not a thing was given. We've gotten away with penalty calls at varying points this season, as well as some other things. Refs have generally been bad but I've noticed them being bad for both sides. It's all just to deflect away from the real problem - our incompetence as a team.

Ryan has acted like this for a while, and Wrexham fans did say that Saunders loved to blame everyone before himself in his interviews when he was there. Accountability really needs to start coming into it for some of our staff.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 23, 2012, 11:48:11 pm by MrFrost »
It's a disgrace. Was JR on football heaven tonight or not? Maybe he saw sense and decided to keep it shut.
I really despair as to what we are becoming. Saunders ought to take some responsibility for the defeat and how the team is beginning to play with a complete lack of discipline.
I cannot comment on the Coppinger injury as I haven't seen it, but everyone on the Bristol forum says it was a 50/50 ball and an unlucky clash of heads. With the amount of biased drivel I read on here, I think I know who to believe.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 23, 2012, 11:50:11 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"RoversAlias\" post=214890
My two penneth worth already added on the stupid 'legal action' crap, let me say here also that why must we continue bleating on about the referees costing us games? Beye asked for a red card by lunging in with two feet. He was late, we know he has discipline problems. Simply put he deserved to be sent off.

These decisions don't even themselves out over the season? Or do people just ignore it when they actually do? I seem to remember a few weeks ago George Friend utterly flattened an onrushing striker when he was clean through, and not a thing was given. We've gotten away with penalty calls at varying points this season, as well as some other things. Refs have generally been bad but I've noticed them being bad for both sides. It's all just to deflect away from the real problem - our incompetence as a team.

Ryan has acted like this for a while, and Wrexham fans did say that Saunders loved to blame everyone before himself in his interviews when he was there. Accountability really needs to start coming into it for some of our staff.

watch it again, it was n`t two footed, his trailing leg was tucked under his arse, he got a block on the ball, thats why the lino awarded a throw in, his direction of travel was no where near the attackers legs

In fact watch again a few times, he does fly through the air, he touches the ball a split second before the attacker, touching the ball onto the attackers leg before it goes out of play, his foot is on the ground when he makes contact with the ball, his trailing leg at all times is tucked under his arse, watch the lino in the background he`s just as incompetent, he flags for a throw in when it clearly went out for a goal kick!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16673139.stm

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 23, 2012, 11:51:25 pm by madmick50 »
Here's the link to Football Heaven. His interview starts just after 33 minutes into the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00mv610

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 23, 2012, 11:55:32 pm by MrFrost »
I despair.
I can see where he is coming from, but seriously. Like someone has pointed out, we've been on the \"right end\" of many a poor descision this season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 24, 2012, 12:25:42 am by Filo »
He`s right, he`s only saying what many managers and chairmen dare n`t say for fear of reprisals from the FA, the standard of refereeing is shocking!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 24, 2012, 12:28:51 am by MrFrost »
And where will it get us exactly? Getting on your soapbox on a local radio show won't change a thing. It's the way he makes it out to be poor old little Donny that annoys me, when shocking refereeing is happening at all levels up and down the country.
I wonder if JR will blame relegation on referee's if we do go down. Won't be anything to do with the players or management not being good enough?
Now isn't the time to be drawing attention to ourselves. We should be digging deep and focusing on the next game. Berating match officials isn't going to win us any points.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 24, 2012, 04:20:50 am by Bristol Red Rover »
I can't believe some people on here having a go at JR about his stance on the Copps incident. I saw it and it seems most of the anti's here didn't. NO WAY was it 50/50. Having seen it live and the pic that shows head contact (and the ball how far away?!), and now the vid on the Bristol site which also shows the head butt (the arm was thrown in too as he was lunging), its clearly a red card for dangerous play. He made his mind up to go for the challenge and as he got near he should have pulled out, but bludgened his way in. He didn't go for the ball in the end, and had no chance of getting it. Go JR! I hope that player gets a several weeks wages fine and a ban if not something more serious. How the ref didn't at least give a yellow for incompetance is beyond me.

What good does taking legal action against the Bristol player? It lets players know they won't get away with it. Too right John.

Why on earth Rovers Player isn't showing that incident I don't know. Its on the City Player at 2.10 mins at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/articles/20120122/extended-city-2-1-doncaster-rovers_2258724_2583209/0,,10327~2583209~1,00.html

The issue over unfair treatment of the smaller clubs is more debateable.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 24, 2012, 07:04:29 am by mushRTID »
Why do people keep saying Bêye jumped in 2 footed? :headbang:

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 24, 2012, 08:10:39 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=214905
I can't believe some people on here having a go at JR about his stance on the Copps incident. I saw it and it seems most of the anti's here didn't. NO WAY was it 50/50. Having seen it live and the pic that shows head contact (and the ball how far away?!), and now the vid on the Bristol site which also shows the head butt (the arm was thrown in too as he was lunging), its clearly a red card for dangerous play. He made his mind up to go for the challenge and as he got near he should have pulled out, but bludgened his way in. He didn't go for the ball in the end, and had no chance of getting it. Go JR! I hope that player gets a several weeks wages fine and a ban if not something more serious. How the ref didn't at least give a yellow for incompetance is beyond me.

What good does taking legal action against the Bristol player? It lets players know they won't get away with it. Too right John.

Why on earth Rovers Player isn't showing that incident I don't know. Its on the City Player at 2.10 mins at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/articles/20120122/extended-city-2-1-doncaster-rovers_2258724_2583209/0,,10327~2583209~1,00.html

You're missing the point. Whether the challenge is fair or not is irrelevant as the referee's decision has been made. This is about JR's ridiculous idea that it should warrant legal action. The general concensus on here is that he is wrong and he must stop coming out with these frankly embarrassing statements.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 24, 2012, 08:14:49 am by The Red Baron »
I listened to the interview. Although I think he's got a point as regards the standards of refereeing, that is more of an issue for general debate. The rest of it came over as sour grapes, I'm afraid to say.

If we're trying to engender some kind of siege mentality to get us through the rest of the season, then the evidence from most posters on here is that it isn't working.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 24, 2012, 08:19:59 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=214908
Why do people keep saying Bêye jumped in 2 footed? :headbang:

He doesn't need to go in two-footed. He went in with excessive force and was out of control. That's why he was sent off.

OK, another day, another ref, he might get a yellow. The point is he put himself in a position where he could have been sent off for a dangerous challenge.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 24, 2012, 09:23:17 am by Donnybax »
Beye deserved a red, it was a very dangerous tackle. I was there and we all knew it was coming and you could tell the players knew it was coming ad well, spurr had his hands on his head before the card was dished. Had it been on a rovers player I think most of you that don't think it was a red would have a different view.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 24, 2012, 09:25:53 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Had it been on a rovers player, it would not have been a red card...............

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 24, 2012, 09:29:18 am by Donnybax »
No but it doesn't mean it shouldnt have been one and I bet those who feel it wasn't a red would be livid saying it should be one. It shouldn't make a difference that it was a rover.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 24, 2012, 09:39:04 am by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=214900
He`s right, he`s only saying what many managers and chairmen dare n`t say for fear of reprisals from the FA, the standard of refereeing is shocking!

No it isn't. Football is the most fluid game around controlled by simply 3 (maybe 4) officials who make dozens of decisions a game with little thought focussed on what they get right but maximum exposure on what they get wrong. Also combine it with the fact football is a low scoring/low opportunity sport and sadly referees always have the opportunity to decide a game. Its not helped by the appalling attitude of players and managers - who'd want to be a referee? Its as good as its going to get without technology. We berate officials all game but leave the ground not knowing how many decisions he actually got right or wrong. Even at the game you'll here a massive shout for a corner and when the referee gives a goal kick there'll most likely be someone around you who says \"I think actually he got that right\". Having officiated at a semi-pro level I can tell you the speed of the game, even at that level is unreal and people are bound to make mistakes - even technology can't determine some decisions.

As for accountability for referees, its already there, fans just need to stop being so knee jerk. Would you drop Billy Sharp for the chance he missed against Cardiff? Of course not, one mistake (albeit a big one) by a player on form is not a reason to drop him and a referee giving a decision like the Beye red card (which seems to have split Rovers fans in half no pun intended) is no reason to start throwing words like \"accountability\" around.

And most debates on here aren't to do with referees, they are about interpretation of the rules which aren't set by referees, only applied by them ;)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 24, 2012, 09:52:18 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=214923
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=214900

No it isn't. Football is the most fluid game around controlled by simply 3 (maybe 4) officials who make dozens of decisions a game with little thought focussed on what they get right but maximum exposure on what they get wrong. Also combine it with the fact football is a low scoring/low opportunity sport and sadly referees always have the opportunity to decide a game. Its not helped by the appalling attitude of players and managers - who'd want to be a referee? Its as good as its going to get without technology. We berate officials all game but leave the ground not knowing how many decisions he actually got right or wrong. Even at the game you'll here a massive shout for a corner and when the referee gives a goal kick there'll most likely be someone around you who says \"I think actually he got that right\". Having officiated at a semi-pro level I can tell you the speed of the game, even at that level is unreal and people are bound to make mistakes - even technology can't determine some decisions.

As for accountability for referees, its already there, fans just need to stop being so knee jerk. Would you drop Billy Sharp for the chance he missed against Cardiff? Of course not, one mistake (albeit a big one) by a player on form is not a reason to drop him and a referee giving a decision like the Beye red card (which seems to have split Rovers fans in half no pun intended) is no reason to start throwing words like \"accountability\" around.

And most debates on here aren't to do with referees, they are about interpretation of the rules which aren't set by referees, only applied by them ;)

Actually you are spot on.

The only people to blame are the spineless clowns that run the FA.
The respect idea is a complete joke. Someone should explain to the FA what respect means. (or doesn't it apply to high profile players?)

The rules should be simplified not made more complicated.
The goal Hull scored on Saturday was a prime example. Everyone in the ground saw the Hull striker miles off side make a move for the ball but then left it to another player. How is he not interfering with play?
As the late great Bill Shankly said. \"If he is not interfering with play he shouldn't be on the field\" It was true then and it is now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 24, 2012, 09:55:03 am by Filo »

Thanks for that, I`ve watched it a few times now, it`s plainly obvious it was a headbut, he`s well late and the only thing he`s focused on is Copps head, he does n`t even get up to the height the ball was at, straight red in my opinion, the ref bottled it with it being so early in the game!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 24, 2012, 09:59:44 am by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=214929

Thanks for that, I`ve watched it a few times now, it`s plainly obvious it was a headbut, he`s well late and the only thing he`s focused on is Copps head, he does n`t even get up to the height the ball was at, straight red in my opinion, the ref bottled it with it being so early in the game!

Cab it be put on here so we dont have to regidter please ?

Or You-Tube ?

... and can we \"capture it\" before it is spirited away ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012