Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:37:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bramall & Watson families  (Read 4945 times)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
Re: Bramall & Watson families
« Reply #30 on August 26, 2019, 05:19:22 pm by Michael Shaw »
Posters come on here and are often highly critical, if not the norm. A rare positive post and you, Herman, have to jump down Branton's throat. Why can't you just keep your opinions to yourself. Do you not support the club or what would you change? Do you really think we would be better off without this board and if so who would own the club and plug the financial deficit, YOU? Personally I don't give a crap what DM sounds like. He can have an effeminate squeaky voice for all I care as long as we are in the top 6.

I think he was being sarcastic..

I don't do sarcasm or irony, I'm afraid. I just say what I mean and leave the sarcasm to others.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 26, 2019, 05:50:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Why can't the board spend spend spend they can afford it

Aye let's spunk money for the sake of it just cos the owners have money.
Just ignore him RedJ. Not worth a reply. Pathetic.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 26, 2019, 07:48:26 pm by Herman Hessian »
I don't do sarcasm or irony, I'm afraid. I just say what I mean and leave the sarcasm to others - but, to my detriment, very often then fail to spot it when they choose to employ such rapier wit...

FTFY

;)

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 26, 2019, 09:28:30 pm by Al4475 »
Vicar

"we all do 🤔"

No we don't - we spend OUR hard earned money on OUR entertainment.

Slightly different situation.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 26, 2019, 09:47:31 pm by the vicar »
Please don't give me that as on comparison to Wealth we as fans invest as much as the directors do with season tickets merchandise and food and drink

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 26, 2019, 10:03:40 pm by Al4475 »
Yes, quite possibly more - but again we choose to spend our hard earned money on our entertainment. They choose to spend (or not in the eyes of some) their earned money on  our entertainment.

I know it's not quite the same but I bet if I asked you to pay for my family a trip to the pictures or vice versa - neither family would get to the pictures!

Lol
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 10:11:50 pm by Al4475 »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 26, 2019, 10:18:24 pm by the vicar »
In fact I thought we all did it for the cause and the boys on the pitch and that is all of us

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 26, 2019, 10:31:45 pm by Al4475 »
Dunno matey to be fair - I would say that imo Rovers fans pay their money to watch their club.
I have never felt that any money I have ever spent on anything to do with Rovers is for the boys on the pitch per se - it's for the good of the club which is a different entity.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 10:36:33 pm by Al4475 »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 26, 2019, 10:39:16 pm by the vicar »
There again we are all the club as you call it weather you are a fan player director or tea lady.  The club belongs to the fans the directors are custodians of the club, as we will be here long after the directors have gone

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 26, 2019, 10:48:32 pm by Al4475 »
Yep the fans will indeed and I think that's probably what I mean by any money I spend being for the club as opposed to whoever happens to be in the 'team' - the club/fans will be there long after the current team too.

The fans will choose to continue (or not) to spend their own money on their own entertainment - they won't do it for anyone else's (family aside probably)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 26, 2019, 11:35:52 pm by the vicar »
Rovers are entertainment to you, It's not just entertainment for me  doncaster rovers are a way of life as it is with most of us

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 27, 2019, 08:50:41 am by Al4475 »
I fully appreciate and understand that vicar, but our little discussion started when you replied to elmsall's and bollinger's chat which about why TB/Watsons didn't have to spend all their money on our/your entertainment.

Call it what you like - hobbie/entertainment/way of life and the question still stands why should they put their money on our/your way of life?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 27, 2019, 09:01:43 am by the vicar »
It is a known fact people know when they go in to take over a club that they will be spending there money.  When JR braught them in it was as in esters not bystanders and they accepted that

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 27, 2019, 09:34:27 am by Al4475 »
Yep and they've funded the club ever since including letting JR spend oodles of their money too but at some point their patience with him and that approach was bound to be a step or two too far.

They are great - Rovers are lucky to have them and if they don't see the need to spend even more of their money in going boom or bust for the long term good of the club then for me that's completely their prerogative.

The club is in exceptional hands. In this day and age that's a big big thing.

I believe they will get DRFC back into the championship and the club will last longer up there eventually than even the SO'D days.

In my opinion, the club is being run (almost) to the best of it's capabilities and DRFC will prosper for many more years further up the pyramid than they are currently - I have no problem with the measured approach of getting there sensibly, prudently and with long term foundations in place to keep them there.

The plight of bolton, bury, Coventry, Portsmouth etc etc won't be repeated at DRFC under their watch.

They don't need to chuck any more money at it in one go unless they want to in my opinion.

Cracking discussion vicar!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 27, 2019, 10:39:02 am by the vicar »
And JR spent oodles of his own money to but that's the way it is I actually agree to making the club sustainable but till it is they have to fund it with the money they have coming in till it is sustainable sorry to disagree with you but I have enjoyed out chat about it a anyway 😊😄

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 27, 2019, 10:40:31 am by Chris Black come back »
JR also surrendered his shareholding and I believe also a seven figure debt obligation owed to him when he severed his links with the club.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 27, 2019, 11:05:31 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I don’t pretend to know anything about the ‘business’ side of the club, and if I’m honest, I don’t really care as long as it’s in as healthy position as it possibly can be. At the same time, I won’t have a bad word about JR, DW, AW or TB. They’re all absolute God sends in my view.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 27, 2019, 04:02:55 pm by Al4475 »
CBCB - yep that's the official line as it stands - no doubting that.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 27, 2019, 04:31:32 pm by the vicar »
I don’t pretend to know anything about the ‘business’ side of the club, and if I’m honest, I don’t really care as long as it’s in as healthy position as it possibly can be. At the same time, I won’t have a bad word about JR, DW, AW or TB. They’re all absolute God sends in my view.
I agree with you and I never said a bad word

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 27, 2019, 04:50:01 pm by Al4475 »
I don't believe either vicar or I said a bad word either!
Lol

Hey Vicar - is your walking footy team still using those kits I gave to you?

If not I hope they did the job for you all (despite being scunny-esque) before you swapped em.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 27, 2019, 07:39:33 pm by the vicar »
Quote from: Al4475 link=topic=273826.msg898037we have #msg898037 date=1566921001
Lol

If not I hope they did the job for you all (despite being scunny-esque) before you swapped em.
we have mate yes a couple or 3 times thank mate

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 27, 2019, 07:40:39 pm by Al4475 »
Good good - am glad they've been of is to you!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 27, 2019, 07:57:39 pm by the vicar »
Thanks very much mate maybe have a drink together and a football chat sometime

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 27, 2019, 09:52:28 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Lol

For the record your honour I didn’t intend to accuse, assume, presume, believe or suggest that anyone has said a bad word about them...it was just a general statement really  :P
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:55:36 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012