Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:19:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Party Leaflets  (Read 22380 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Party Leaflets
« Reply #210 on May 23, 2019, 03:38:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nice to see the ones who lecture us regularly on how unpleasant the Remainers are, refusing to take the bait of acting like hypocrites.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on May 23, 2019, 03:59:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It's more than the 17.4 million honest Brits who are outraged, Billy lad, some of those who voted remain, like me, are honest enough to be outraged also.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on May 23, 2019, 04:08:36 pm by DonnyOsmond »
But surely you'd realise that maybe giving the Tories the control that you're taking from Europe isn't the best idea based on how they've handled leaving?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on May 23, 2019, 04:19:41 pm by MachoMadness »
I think most other remainers are outraged, too, BB. I think the sticking point for most is to do with foreign money being illegally funneled into British politics by far-right spivs harvesting our personal data (also illegally). I wouldn't say some remainers being a bit rude sometimes - after 3 years of being called sheep, liberal elite, middle class traitors who should be hanged, etc - compares to that, but different strokes and all that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on May 23, 2019, 04:25:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
But surely you'd realise that maybe giving the Tories the control that you're taking from Europe isn't the best idea based on how they've handled leaving?
Neither of the two major parties would be my choice. Maybe they won't be the country's choice either in the not too distant future.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on May 23, 2019, 04:39:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's more than the 17.4 million honest Brits who are outraged, Billy lad, some of those who voted remain, like me, are honest enough to be outraged also.

BB. The polls indicate that for every one of you, there are a couple or three folk who voted Leave but have been equally outraged by they way in which they were misled. So if you want to play the numbers game like that, you're on thin ice.

Mind, I accept that if the 17.4m who voted Leave are ALL outraged, they must be REALLY outraged, given that a million of them are no longer with us.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on May 23, 2019, 04:43:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I don't blame them for being outraged, I can empathise with them, but that doesn't mean they would now vote remain.

I can honestly say I've been very smart, even by my standards, by voting Remain. I feel great in the knowledge that I'm gonna live forever, simply because I put my cross in the remain box!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:50:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on May 23, 2019, 04:51:42 pm by RedRover45 »

BB. The polls indicate that for every one of you, there are a couple or three folk who voted Leave but have been equally outraged by they way in which they were misled. So if you want to play the numbers game like that, you're on thin ice.

Mind, I accept that if the 17.4m who voted Leave are ALL outraged, they must be REALLY outraged, given that a million of them are no longer with us.

In the interests of fairness BST, isn't it likely that marginally under a million of people who voted remain have also died since the vote ?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on May 23, 2019, 05:00:40 pm by wilts rover »
Polish bloke in the flats opposite me has got 3 Brexit Party photos in the window. Luckily the arrows are pointing the opposite way to the Polling Station.

Should i go ask him to take them down what with him being foreign and interfering in a British election?

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #219 on May 23, 2019, 05:05:57 pm by foxbat »
Mike Harding #FBPE‏ @HardingMike · 8h8 hours ago 

 More

3 yrs ago -17.4 mill voted Leave 16.1 mill voted Remain. The 16 mill have been abused, called "remoaners and traitors, queue jumpers and citizens of nowhere." The BBC have largely ignored them and the Tory Press have vilified them. The 17.4 mill are in meltdown. Stay strong.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on May 23, 2019, 05:15:08 pm by RedRover45 »
Mike Harding #FBPE‏ @HardingMike · 8h8 hours ago 

 More

3 yrs ago -17.4 mill voted Leave 16.1 mill voted Remain. The 16 mill have been abused, called "remoaners and traitors, queue jumpers and citizens of nowhere." The BBC have largely ignored them and the Tory Press have vilified them. The 17.4 mill are in meltdown. Stay strong.

Yes, but to be fair Mike Harding is from Lancashire which sort of negates the relevance.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on May 23, 2019, 05:24:53 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I think most other remainers are outraged, too, BB. I think the sticking point for most is to do with foreign money being illegally funneled into British politics by far-right spivs harvesting our personal data (also illegally). I wouldn't say some remainers being a bit rude sometimes - after 3 years of being called sheep, liberal elite, middle class traitors who should be hanged, etc - compares to that, but different strokes and all that.

Very annoying watching something happen which all predictions point to us as a country being poorer and us as a region being even poorer. I don't want to see that. I also don't want to see Farage's mates make millions from shorting the pound while we all become poorer.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on May 23, 2019, 05:49:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
A mate of mine once said he was gonna buy me one of those folk guitarist/comedy song albums that were popular in the 70s.

He said: "when I went to pay for it I couldn't get my card in".

"Thank f**k for that' I said. "Did you get me Jasper Carrott instead"?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 05:55:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on May 23, 2019, 06:07:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

In the interests of fairness BST, isn't it likely that marginally under a million of people who voted remain have also died since the vote ?

Actually no. The point is that the Leave voters were disproportionately represented by the older voters.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on May 23, 2019, 06:38:38 pm by Not Now Kato »
So it's Polling Day for possibly the most pointless election in my lifetime.

If we end up staying in the EU we will be largely represented by a bunch of Brexit Party MEP's who will constantly try to disrupt proceedings and make a mockery of the European Parliament.

And if we exit the EU then the whole thing will have been a waste of time and money anyway.

Where is the Monster Raving Loony Party when you need 'em?

Pancho, the only reason we're having this election is because Parliament has failed to deliver the mandate they were given by the people, that they promised to honour.

Parliament was not given a mandate by the people.  Parliament simply responded to a non-binding referendum.  That is not a mandate, it's not even the will of the people, it's not even a majority of the people who live on these sceptred isles; it's simply a desire to leave the EU by 17.4 million people who didn't have a united view of what kind of leave they were actually voting for, and don't have a united view of what kind of leave they want even now!

That the referendum offered a binary choice with no detail whatsoever as to what leave meant was stupid in the first place; those who fail to see that, see the damage that it has already caused the country, and see the damage that will continue to be caused when we leave are even dafter.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on May 23, 2019, 09:32:16 pm by scawsby steve »

If we end up staying in the EU we will be largely represented by a bunch of Brexit Party MEP's who will constantly try to disrupt proceedings and make a mockery of the European Parliament.

And if we exit the EU then the whole thing will have been a waste of time and money anyway.

Pancho, the only reason we're having this election is because Parliament has failed to deliver the mandate they were given by the people, that they promised to honour.

Parliament was not given a mandate by the people.  Parliament simply responded to a non-binding referendum.  That is not a mandate, it's not even the will of the people, it's not even a majority of the people who live on these sceptred isles; it's simply a desire to leave the EU by 17.4 million people who didn't have a united view of what kind of leave they were actually voting for, and don't have a united view of what kind of leave they want even now!

That the referendum offered a binary choice with no detail whatsoever as to what leave meant was stupid in the first place; those who fail to see that, see the damage that it has already caused the country, and see the damage that will continue to be caused when we leave are even dafter.

Would you have said all this if Remain had won?

No, I thought not.

What is it about you lot that reminds me of Peterborough supporters?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on May 23, 2019, 10:19:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS
For the 20th time.

Remain was a Thing. If we'd voted Remain that would have been a vote for a Thing. Clear and simple.

The vote for Leave was a vote for an undefined concept. It needed the detail fleshing out afterwards. It's now clear that there is no defined Leave Thing that commands a majority in the country or in Parliament. That's why we're in such a mess now.

Before you complain that this is just a Remoaner moaning (not that you would, because that would be insulting and you are better than that) and that all the Leave voters knew what they were voting for, don't listen to me. Listen to what Farage campaigned for in 2016 (Norway deal) and what he says now (that a Norway deal would be a betrayal). Listen to the Leave campaigners who said that leaving the Single Market would be insane in 2016 and are now saying that staying in the SM wouldn't be Brexit.

It's perverse to argue against those facts, but something tells me you will.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #227 on May 23, 2019, 10:45:16 pm by Not Now Kato »

Would you have said all this if Remain had won?

No, I thought not.

What is it about you lot that reminds me of Peterborough supporters?

Did you understand what I wrote in my post SS?

No, I thought not.

What is it about Brexiters that reminds me of Leeds supporters?

Oh, and care to tell us which version of leave you thought you were voting for, and what you thought the implications of that version of leave would have for the country?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on May 23, 2019, 11:53:41 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Surely it is Remainers who are like L**ds supporters, with their claims of losing unfairly in Europe?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on May 24, 2019, 07:26:12 am by DonnyOsmond »
Surely it is Remainers who are like L**ds supporters, with their claims of losing unfairly in Europe?

Nah, we're not all fat, middle aged, bald and racist x
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:16:41 am by DonnyOsmond »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on May 24, 2019, 08:11:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Nah, we're not all far, middle aged, bald and racist x

No. And I'm not racist either.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on May 24, 2019, 11:09:05 am by Axholme Lion »

If the remainiacs had won the referendum it would have all been forgotten about by now.
BAD LOSERS.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on May 24, 2019, 11:11:28 am by Axholme Lion »

Actually no. The point is that the Leave voters were disproportionately represented by the older voters.

Proves what I thought that most of the young are thick.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on May 24, 2019, 11:54:08 am by MachoMadness »
Careful AL, I'm sure Scawsby will be on your case about repugnant ageism in a minute.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on May 24, 2019, 01:29:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If the remainiacs had won the referendum it would have all been forgotten about by now.
BAD LOSERS.

What, UKIP would have given up and gone home would they? :silly:

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on May 24, 2019, 01:36:59 pm by Axholme Lion »

BAD LOSERS.

What, UKIP would have given up and gone home would they? :silly:

Maybe they would have accepted defeat with good grace and not threw all their toys out of the cot like a bunch of spoilt brats?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on May 24, 2019, 01:52:28 pm by wilts rover »
Fascinating poll out today (no not the Survation one that shows Labour on a 5% lead with 33% of the vote) but the Opinium one.

Labour - 26%
Brexit P - 22%
Cons - 22%
LD - 12%

12% of the vote would get the Lib Dems 34 seats. 22% of the vote would get the Brexit Party 4 seats.

Dont get too excited about a revolution in British politics just yet.
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1131881294349131776

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on May 24, 2019, 01:58:26 pm by bpoolrover »
Fascinating poll out today (no not the Survation one that shows Labour on a 5% lead with 33% of the vote) but the Opinium one.

Labour - 26%
Brexit P - 22%
Cons - 22%
LD - 12%

12% of the vote would get the Lib Dems 34 seats. 22% of the vote would get the Brexit Party 4 seats.

the polls could all change when the tories get a new leader I can’t see them polling any lower than they would now

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on May 24, 2019, 02:11:17 pm by Axholme Lion »

Labour - 26%
Brexit P - 22%
Cons - 22%
LD - 12%

the polls could all change when the tories get a new leader I can’t see them polling any lower than they would now

If the tories get a hard Brexit leader they will win the next GE.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on May 24, 2019, 02:20:35 pm by wilts rover »

Labour - 26%
Brexit P - 22%
Cons - 22%
LD - 12%

If the tories get a hard Brexit leader they will win the next GE.

Lets hope we get to test that theory in the next couple of months...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012