Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:16:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bundesliga  (Read 2022 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Bundesliga
« on June 07, 2020, 10:10:36 am by IDM »
Is anyone watching the German football on telly, I think some is on BT sport.?

I haven’t got that channel, and I was just wondering how it comes across on TV with no fans in the ground.  Is there any difference in the intensity of the play, with no atmosphere in the ground.?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NewDonny

• Forum Member
Re: Bundesliga
« Reply #1 on June 07, 2020, 10:49:56 am by NewDonny »
Now they are piping in the sound of the fans it’s excellent, makes for much better viewing than when the first restarted. The players Playing tempo is also noticeably much higher as they feel the difference in the atmosphere as well.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 07, 2020, 11:09:57 am by NickDRFC »
Now they are piping in the sound of the fans it’s excellent, makes for much better viewing than when the first restarted. The players Playing tempo is also noticeably much higher as they feel the difference in the atmosphere as well.

I’ve not seen it since they’ve started adding crowd sounds but is that how it works? I thought the crowd noise was added to the viewer’s feed rather than piped into the stadium.

I saw a couple of games early on and it was really odd without a crowd. Even with lower league games like when Rovers are on tv and the atmosphere is pretty quiet there’s always a background rumble (or should that be grumble?!) and you can always feel the noise with big chances and goals.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 07, 2020, 12:17:55 pm by pib »

I’ve not seen it since they’ve started adding crowd sounds but is that how it works? I thought the crowd noise was added to the viewer’s feed rather than piped into the stadium.

I saw a couple of games early on and it was really odd without a crowd. Even with lower league games like when Rovers are on tv and the atmosphere is pretty quiet there’s always a background rumble (or should that be grumble?!) and you can always feel the noise with big chances and goals.

Correct Nick. Viewers have the option to turn it off so it’s not piped into the stadium itself.

I think it’s been brilliant. I actually prefer it without the fake crowd noise to be honest. There have been some really entertaining games, good goals, and an opportunity to watch teams you might not otherwise see much of. Even though the title race is pretty much over, there are still interesting plots developing elsewhere in the league, especially at the bottom where Bremen and Dusseldorf are trying to make a real fist of it and drag those above them into the relegation picture.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 07, 2020, 12:50:13 pm by Draytonian III »
If you don’t want German football there’s always live Polish football on FreeSports ch422

CGJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 07, 2020, 01:36:12 pm by CGJ »
And Danish as well. Interesting to see many foreign players in their teams also

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 07, 2020, 02:06:43 pm by RobTheRover »
I watched the first weekend. I thought the intensity wasn't quite there, but that's probably understandable on a number of levels. Caught a little bit yesterday and it was much better.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 07, 2020, 02:47:12 pm by NewDonny »
I watched the first weekend. I thought the intensity wasn't quite there, but that's probably understandable on a number of levels. Caught a little bit yesterday and it was much better.

Exactly right, said that earlier in the thread.

Whether the fan sound is piped into the stadium or via the commentators mike I am not sure, I suspect via the commentators mike as it was very clean and audible. My son was sat with me watching it yesterday evening and he also commented on how much better it was to watch, but how that sound is as much for the players tempo & intensity as it is for the viewers. When your on the pitch you zone into the game and not what is going on off the pitch but you always hear the crowds reactions and that gives you that edge that was missing in that first week of the bundesliga's return.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 03:14:34 pm by NewDonny »

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 07, 2020, 02:57:34 pm by phil old leake »
If you want to watch it you can download the sky bet ap and put a £1 bet on a game and then you can watch it through the ap. be careful not all games are available

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 07, 2020, 05:54:50 pm by Campsall rover »
Watched 1st half of Werder Bremen v Wolfsburg this afternoon.
No crowd noise at all, and so it was like watching a training session, yes plenty of tackles but it just didn’t seem to be the real thing.
Maybe the premier league will be better as i have much more interest in English football than foreign.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 07, 2020, 06:31:57 pm by Padge_DRFC »

It not pumped into ground

Probably getting fitter the more matches they are playing will be the reason

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 07, 2020, 06:33:12 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve been listening to Talksport a lot since the lockdown started, well I until the last week they are along with Sky trying to ramp up the interest on football coming back, but as soon as Liverpool win the title I can see everybody watching only a few matches unless there teams involved.
 Will the league one play offs be screened because most of us on here would have more interest in i.e. Oxford v Fleetwood that Norwich vs Burnley

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 08, 2020, 12:54:01 pm by GazLaz »
And Danish as well. Interesting to see many foreign players in their teams also

I’ve been working on the Danish league since the restart. I’ve watched every game. FreeSport will show the odd game if anyone is looking for something to watch.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 17, 2020, 12:58:37 pm by RobTheRover »
I’ve been listening to Talksport a lot since the lockdown started, well I until the last week they are along with Sky trying to ramp up the interest on football coming back, but as soon as Liverpool win the title I can see everybody watching only a few matches unless there teams involved.
 Will the league one play offs be screened because most of us on here would have more interest in i.e. Oxford v Fleetwood that Norwich vs Burnley

On tomorrow night, arent they?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 17, 2020, 01:10:37 pm by Draytonian III »
I watched the last 25 mins of Aves vs Porto live last night, it ended 0-0 Porto were all over them, but my main point is that Aves home ground has a capacity of 8,650 .

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 17, 2020, 01:22:27 pm by RoversAlias »

League Two Play Offs are. League One don't play for another couple of weeks.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 17, 2020, 03:06:33 pm by RobTheRover »

League Two Play Offs are. League One don't play for another couple of weeks.

Thats how much notice of the return of football I've been taking 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012