Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:35:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Racist Language  (Read 4619 times)

podrover73

• Forum Member
Re: Racist Language
« Reply #30 on August 05, 2013, 01:07:32 am by podrover73 »
Some pissed up idiot came and sat next to me during the second half yesterday. As well as singing, presumably self penned, songs about circumcision, he directed a couple of phrases at Tom Ince that I thought were very much a thing of the past.

Now, my question is, how do you go about getting a scumbag like this brought to task? Telling a steward seems the obvious answer, but  as he was in a big group I wasn't that keen on fetching a steward over and pointing him out only to be left with all his mates sat behind me for the rest of the game.

I'm sure I've seen you can text a number to report racism - but this may have been at England games - can you do this at Rovers?

OK Monk was the guy in the west stand? As some numpty was in the bogs next to me who seemed very proud that he had slagged Ince off after he scored at the end as was not very complimentary about the colour of skin .Not an easy thing to report someone and puts me in the same boat but game was over and he would have left the stadium afterwards

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 05, 2013, 09:17:12 pm by RobTheRover »
I've just had a chat with Shaun Lockwood about this.  Shaun tells me that the safe text number is being restored and will email me the details tomorrow.  I'll post them up on here.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 05, 2013, 09:42:16 pm by The L J Monk »
Good to know, thanks Rob.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 05, 2013, 10:06:42 pm by silent majority »
We've also agreed to have a closer look at this and try to ensure that we respond in the right way by following correct procedures. If that means changing the current procedure and course of action then we will.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 05, 2013, 10:09:10 pm by CraigyBoy »
Please don't take this the wrong way Lj monk (is your name Lewis monk?) anyway, this happened to me at rovers twice. Once two years ago in the east stand near the away end and further back at belle vue about ten years ago. Both times I did the same thing. I told the person to shut his mouth because my girlfriend was black and advised him that he was either gonna get reported to the police or get his face panned in. It was his choice. Both times this approach worked, funnily enough. I don't wanna make you feel bad but unless we all tell racists they are not tolerated to their faces then we are silently telling them its ok to say what they do. Bit the bullet and shame them in public. It works on my experience.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 05, 2013, 10:18:00 pm by The L J Monk »
I understand your approach Craigy, but everyone's experience is unique. I made a judgement at the time, and I feel it was the right one for the circumstances.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 05, 2013, 11:54:56 pm by RobTheRover »
Well LJ, is your name Lewis or not.

Lol

Craigyboy needs a local history lesson.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012