Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:44:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The return of football fans to stadiums  (Read 2632 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
The return of football fans to stadiums
« on April 04, 2021, 10:23:44 am by silent majority »
Begins here;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56630189

We've known about this for a while but have been sworn to secrecy on this particular issue. But, that aside, we start to return to normal.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
Re: The return of football fans to stadiums
« Reply #1 on April 04, 2021, 10:36:01 am by rich1471 »
I read this earlier ,and it's good fans are returning, but what I don't get is how 8000 fans going into an 80,000 stadium is a real test , putting that many into the keepmout is a test. If it's just about testing the technology and how it works then great, but the stadium is that big it has to work.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 04, 2021, 10:43:25 am by Tiddysdad »
I've been working as a steward at Notts County this season. As they only need minimum amounts they've shared the games out and I've worked on the midweek game and loved watching live football. I've been watching Donny on ifollow on Saturdays. Anyway to get to the point we've been told that we are all required for the game on the 22nd May as the fans will be back.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 04, 2021, 10:46:57 am by silent majority »
I read this earlier ,and it's good fans are returning, but what I don't get is how 8000 fans going into an 80,000 stadium is a real test , putting that many into the keepmout is a test. If it's just about testing the technology and how it works then great, but the stadium is that big it has to work.

You'd be surprised just how difficult this is going to be. The detail around this is quite extraordinary, including certain groups being excluded form applying for tickets, through to testing before and after the game.

It means, more than likely, that any fans from Manchester having to submit to testing before returning back to Manchester.

But to answer your question more directly, it's not them being in the bowl that's causing the angst, its the travelling, celebrating and mixing like fans do. That's the real test, that and the checking of the safety requirements to see if they work too.

I should add that this is being seen as a very large research programme and any fans who can get tickets will have to sign up to that.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 10:50:31 am by silent majority »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 04, 2021, 10:49:28 am by silent majority »
I've been working as a steward at Notts County this season. As they only need minimum amounts they've shared the games out and I've worked on the midweek game and loved watching live football. I've been watching Donny on ifollow on Saturdays. Anyway to get to the point we've been told that we are all required for the game on the 22nd May as the fans will be back.

I'm not sure that's relevant to DRFC at the moment. Our understanding from the EFL is that fans will be allowed back for the play-offs and then the start of the 21/22 season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 04, 2021, 10:49:34 am by Chris Black come back »
The ‘passport’ is not being applied to public transport though seemingly, so this infers that travelling supporters are being subject to an additional hurdle not applied to rest of society. Perhaps this is just during test period.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 04, 2021, 10:55:17 am by silent majority »
The ‘passport’ is not being applied to public transport though seemingly, so this infers that travelling supporters are being subject to an additional hurdle not applied to rest of society. Perhaps this is just during test period.

It's not a given that the passport will be applied at all. It's under consideration but not confirmed.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 04, 2021, 11:06:09 am by colincramb »

You'd be surprised just how difficult this is going to be. The detail around this is quite extraordinary, including certain groups being excluded form applying for tickets, through to testing before and after the game.

It means, more than likely, that any fans from Manchester having to submit to testing before returning back to Manchester.

But to answer your question more directly, it's not them being in the bowl that's causing the angst, its the travelling, celebrating and mixing like fans do. That's the real test, that and the checking of the safety requirements to see if they work too.

I should add that this is being seen as a very large research programme and any fans who can get tickets will have to sign up to that.

‘Certain groups being excluded from buying tickets’

Couldn’t be any further from normal

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 04, 2021, 11:30:37 am by the vicar »
I’m sure they are looking and building it up to the start of next season

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 04, 2021, 11:42:37 am by Bentley Bullet »
I've heard they're gonna allow the good looking fans in first, and the less bonny among us like DonnyWolf and Scawsby Steve in the next phase.

I'm sure we fortunate ones will keep the rest informed of what's going on by mobile phone, etc.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 04, 2021, 12:04:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
....Apparently, Rotherham United have objected to that plan, claiming none of their fans will qualify for the first phase.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 04, 2021, 01:57:30 pm by rich1471 »
SM , so if fans have a negative test before they travel but then have a positive test before returning home , would they not be allowed to return and it looks like away games next year will be near impossible to attend and just getting 5000 supporters in the keepmout will be crazy as most football fans will not be able to socially distance once inside the ground   

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 04, 2021, 02:34:02 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Hardly a secret. Minute they changed the date of the final it was obvious

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 04, 2021, 02:42:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »

You are BST and I claim my £5.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 04, 2021, 03:00:46 pm by Nudga »
Can I sit in the empty away stand with other filthy non vaccinated people?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 04, 2021, 03:02:04 pm by silent majority »
SM , so if fans have a negative test before they travel but then have a positive test before returning home , would they not be allowed to return and it looks like away games next year will be near impossible to attend and just getting 5000 supporters in the keepmout will be crazy as most football fans will not be able to socially distance once inside the ground   

I think you’ve misread the detail, what we’re talking about is the test events and the research studies that these events are.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 04, 2021, 03:03:00 pm by silent majority »

Why will the away end be empty?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 04, 2021, 03:13:46 pm by Nudga »

Will away fans be allowed? Or at least limited?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 04, 2021, 03:18:08 pm by the vicar »
Most away fans limit themselves as they don’t bring many anyway

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 04, 2021, 04:27:22 pm by silent majority »

Will away fans be allowed? Or at least limited?

Probably not at first, it still depends on the data. If the figures are good then I would say yes, if not we’d use the away end ourselves.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 04, 2021, 04:28:40 pm by silent majority »

I was talking about the details, the allocations etc.

FFS.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 04, 2021, 04:44:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I might volunteer to go in the away end, it'll be nice to have summat to cheer about for a change.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 04, 2021, 07:23:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
So after June 23rd or whatever it is and there being no laws around social distancing measures and treating it like flu. This will all be irrelevant.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 04, 2021, 07:24:49 pm by rich1471 »
for me if social distancing needs to happen inside the ground still , how would the coach travel work for away fan as i cannot see the coaches been allowed to be full , then the cost would have to go up

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 04, 2021, 07:26:35 pm by rich1471 »
So after June 23rd or whatever it is and there being no laws around social distancing measures and treating it like flu. This will all be irrelevant.
i think mask wearing and social distancing will be around for a while yet, at least another year

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 04, 2021, 07:35:36 pm by drfchound »
i think mask wearing and social distancing will be around for a while yet, at least another year

Agreed rich. I don’t think we will be back to pre March last year scenarios any time soon.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 04, 2021, 07:44:40 pm by Padge_DRFC »
That'll be interesting in nightclubs at 2am in the morning to say the least.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 04, 2021, 07:57:07 pm by rich1471 »
Was told yesterday Doncaster council have allowed all pubs to have pavement patios so they can open and have been given a 1 am closing time it will be carnage if true and another lock down will happen 

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 04, 2021, 09:58:25 pm by Janso »
That'll be interesting in nightclubs at 2am in the morning to say the least.

My time to shine.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 05, 2021, 07:40:03 am by roversdude »
Was told yesterday Doncaster council have allowed all pubs to have pavement patios so they can open and have been given a 1 am closing time it will be carnage if true and another lock down will happen 

Rich think it’s only a temporary measure and everything is table service only, however if everywhere kicks out at the same time it’s madness

TinyPortal © 2005-2012