Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:50:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leeds sign Costa for £16M  (Read 4243 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Leeds sign Costa for £16M
« Reply #30 on July 10, 2020, 10:36:52 pm by Draytonian III »
That player who was offered twice as much as he wanted was Seth Johnson

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 11, 2020, 05:56:06 am by Donnywolf »
Brentford and Fulham with wins tonight.
Massive game for Leeds against Stoke on Thursday. They dare not win or it will go down to the last game i reckon.

That is an awful lot of money for Costa imo as i have not been overly impressed with him when i have seen Leeds matches on TV.

Have to say how impressed with Brentford i am. What an unbelievable story they are making at Griffin Park. A team that also plays entertaining football.
Just shows what can be achieved by a small club from a position of almost insolvency only 9yrs ago.

My favourite non Rovers game of the Season was Barnsley v Brentford. I was in Hospitality before during and after the game and was so impressed with BFC that day. I laughingly said to my fellow diners - today I am a firm BFC Fan and "come on you reds" so I was on both horses

What a performance and it was that game that alerted me to Said Benherama (not sure how to spell it but that probably one way NOT to spell it). I kept pointing him out and saying he must be the Championships Edin Hazard. He and Brentford were immense but Tykes were not helped by a weakened squad either.

At the end of the Game the Bees contingent revealed they had already turned down 14 Mill for SB so I suspect even if they go up he will be off. 

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 11, 2020, 10:46:42 pm by elmsallrover »
Love the crowd singing Leeds are falling apart again
??? Get a life.
it was not meant in a bad way Campsall rover I myself regularly visited Elland Road when rovers played on a Friday night I also have Leeds utd friends who I travel with when watching England home and away to me it just seemed funny with no fans in the ground and sky's love for Leeds utd that this was coming through my tv

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 11, 2020, 11:10:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
??? Get a life.
it was not meant in a bad way Campsall rover I myself regularly visited Elland Road when rovers played on a Friday night I also have Leeds utd friends who I travel with when watching England home and away to me it just seemed funny with no fans in the ground and sky's love for Leeds utd that this was coming through my tv

I don't see the issue with your post even if it was in a bad way. This isn't WACCOE.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 12, 2020, 08:33:05 am by Campsall rover »
That player who was offered twice as much as he wanted was Seth Johnson
Correct.  :thumbsup:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 12, 2020, 08:48:44 am by Campsall rover »
??? Get a life.
Ok sorry. Just thought you we’re taking the p..s
Any way i don’t take offence any more from all the Leeds haters.
Rovers have been my team exclusively since 1980 and was going to most home games at Belle Vue between 1975 & 1979 also.
I am from Leeds originally & was brought up a Leeds fan. Between 1963 and 1975 (age 8 to 20 ) you can count on one hand the number of home games i missed at Elland Road.
So obviously i still have a soft spot for them and i am not making any apologies for that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 12, 2020, 09:15:25 am by selby »
  It was not twice as much, he used to go to my local when he picked up a really serious injury, he told us that his agent and he went into the meeting and his agent insisting they would not sign for less than £14500 a week.
  They both looked at each other and his agent signalled to him to keep quiet during talks when he was offered with a couple of add ons  and the Leeds chairman said we cant go higher than £42000 a week which they made out they reluctantly accepted while wondering what the hell had happened to them and winning the lottery.
  Quite funny really most of my mates are Leeds fans and were not amused, he was a decent lad though and the injury did for him and stopped him being the player he could have been.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 12, 2020, 10:54:23 am by idler »
I think that he got to 49 games and a payment was due to Crewe when he reached 50. Ken Bates reportedly said that he would never play for Leeds again and he didn't.
I also heard that when he was injured he was flying out to Majorca every few weeks and buying or investing in property but I don't know if there is any truth in that.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 12, 2020, 02:54:42 pm by scawsby steve »
??? Get a life.

I think I know the explanation mate. Leeds fans actually sing the same songs that fans of other teams sing about them. It's a way of expressing "We don't care".

I believe Millwall fans do something similar.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 12, 2020, 08:59:55 pm by ravenrover »
My mate and his Dad were Lerds fans and when Rovers weren't playing took me to watch Leeds back in the day of Clarke and Jones, Bremner and Giles etc. I remember one time getting there early when they played Man Utd and sitting on the grass bank of the training ground watching Leeds fans chase the MU fans one way and seconds later said fans being chased back by MU fans this went on for what seemed like ages great entertainment and hardly a punch thrown. I recollect this as it was the one and only time I saw George Best live on a football pitch. Marked out of the game for 89 mins by Paul Reaney but then one flash of magic for the equaliser game finished 2-2 I think

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 12, 2020, 09:31:01 pm by drfchound »
Ha, good story raven.
I remember once being in Holmfirth and a similar thing was happening between Leeds and Man Utd fans.
This was at a time when Cantona was playing for a Leeds and the Man Utd fans were shouting Canto sh*t at the Leeds fans.
Ironic really when he became a Man Utd all time great.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012