Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:28:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Real loss...  (Read 3099 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Real loss...
« on April 30, 2016, 06:51:54 pm by colincramb »
Was my mate losing his mother after the other weekend after a long battle with Parkinson's, in her early 50s. Puts things in perspective doesn't it?

And we will be playing in a slightly more shite league than the one we currently occupy. Yes I'm upset, as is everyone else, but some of the rants on here boarder on the pathetic.

At times like this, remember the things that really matter.

RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Re: Real loss...
« Reply #1 on April 30, 2016, 06:55:47 pm by drfc1951 »
I lost my 23yr old granddaughter earlier this season,having to go down to Bournemouth for her funeral was a million times worse than going down to league 2.Its football for f**cks sake get a grip.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 30, 2016, 07:23:04 pm by IDM »
Bump..

I couldn't agree more.. 

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 30, 2016, 07:25:43 pm by robchester »
Well said.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 30, 2016, 07:52:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
Exactly. Perspective needed.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 30, 2016, 07:58:05 pm by idler »
Real life exists every day. Not for 90 minutes a few times a week for most of the year.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 30, 2016, 08:03:46 pm by Yorkiered »
Sorry to appear blunt and heartless but we have all lost loved ones as some point but this is a DRFC forum and if we cannot get upset and rant about our team getting relegated without a whimper then what's the point of having a forum?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 30, 2016, 08:30:02 pm by idler »
Rigo, I was trying to put the loss in perspective to fans. Not the unfortunate staff that may lose their jobs.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2016, 01:28:30 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Was my mate losing his mother after the other weekend after a long battle with Parkinson's, in her early 50s. Puts things in perspective doesn't it?

And we will be playing in a slightly more shite league than the one we currently occupy. Yes I'm upset, as is everyone else, but some of the rants on here boarder on the pathetic.

At times like this, remember the things that really matter.

RTID

Very true CC, It's just a game and nothing compared to what your mates going through.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2016, 09:40:39 am by IDM »
Sorry to appear blunt and heartless but we have all lost loved ones as some point but this is a DRFC forum and if we cannot get upset and rant about our team getting relegated without a whimper then what's the point of having a forum?

Agreed to an extent, but there's nowt wrong with a reminder of what really matters in life...

Shameless bump..

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2016, 10:30:12 am by Orlandokarla »

In this thread, posters are putting their disappointment with Rovers' current plight into perspective, by contrasting the comparative insignificance of our relegation, with the heart-wrenching loss of a loved one.
To suggest that concerns over lost income or redundancies are even relevant in such a discussion, displays a distinct lack of empathy and class.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with coming on here and whining about the current state of affairs, but this isn't the thread for that. Go cry into your beer for a while, let out your frustrations elsewhere on the board, and then when you're ready, put it into perspective and get on with your life.

It's just a game ffs.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2016, 07:04:19 pm by newyankee »
Couldn't agree more with Colin Cramb   and drfc1951,  In the long run a football team doesn't matter because at some time the tide will turn, it always does. What you cannot do is bring someone back when they have gone.

A little story some might like is that my 6 year old grandson asked my wife if I was dead when I was ill.  She said no, but why did he ask.  Well said Bubby, "if we lay him on the bed and water him every day he won't die".

Apparently he and his sister had got a garden in the back and were told they had to water the plants and they wouldn't die.  The mind of a kid, Eh.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012