Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:42:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reality  (Read 4225 times)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: Reality
« Reply #30 on August 01, 2019, 03:35:38 pm by rtid88 »
Once the Championship and PL transfer window shuts we will bring in a few loanees... I would be surprised if we don't get a few youngsters from West Brom...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 01, 2019, 04:00:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Once the Championship and PL transfer window shuts we will bring in a few loanees... I would be surprised if we don't get a few youngsters from West Brom...

Or Wolves.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 01, 2019, 06:52:18 pm by drfchound »
Agree with your OP Dickos. I think the starting XI as it is currently can compete. We obviously need new players in but they will come, Darren Moore knows that. He referred to it as a "skeleton squad" on Monday so he isn't oblivious. Just need a bit more patience now Marquis has been sold.

The time for patience has now gone. The season starts in 2 days

And yet the transfer window has a full month to run, by which time only a handful of games will have passed. The season is not decided for any team by the end of August, and there's no guarantee we wouldn't win some of those games anyway.

RA, there are six league games in August mate.
That is only a handful if you were from Barnsley.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 01, 2019, 06:53:13 pm by drfchound »
It’s the day after the damp squid went off and I think it’s forward thinking that’s needed . News of how the squad are getting ready for the opening game would be nice to hear  as I’m sure Darren Moore would I’m have liked more time to prepare and less stress on loosing his main striker . Saturday’s game  isn't going to define the season but it could show how the players are taking to the new regime and probably a different style of play .

I thought that all squids would be damp !!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 01, 2019, 11:46:54 pm by RoversAlias »
Agree with your OP Dickos. I think the starting XI as it is currently can compete. We obviously need new players in but they will come, Darren Moore knows that. He referred to it as a "skeleton squad" on Monday so he isn't oblivious. Just need a bit more patience now Marquis has been sold.

The time for patience has now gone. The season starts in 2 days

And yet the transfer window has a full month to run, by which time only a handful of games will have passed. The season is not decided for any team by the end of August, and there's no guarantee we wouldn't win some of those games anyway.

RA, there are six league games in August mate.
That is only a handful if you were from Barnsley.

Ah very good Hound, although the term "a handful" refers to how many you could hold in one hand rather than the number of digits on it. Things get murky with this metaphor though since you can't physically hold football matches!

I do love when people inadvertently write "damp squid", mind.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012