Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:21:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Realistically  (Read 3467 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Realistically
« on August 14, 2021, 05:10:13 pm by Donnyjim »
We are probably now a L1 and L2 yo yo team. Similar to our life in the 80’s. Given our form (or lack of it), budget and gates. This run (2 wins in 19) reminds me of when DF took us down. I can’t honestly see where too many wins will come from. At least Rotherham lost and Leeds got a mauling. Keep smiling, it’s only a game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
Re: Realistically
« Reply #1 on August 14, 2021, 05:11:34 pm by chrisfisher »
We are probably now a L1 and L2 yo yo team. Similar to our life in the 80’s. Given our form (or lack of it), budget and gates. This run reminds (2 wins in 19) reminds me of when DF took us down. I can’t honestly see where too many wins will come from. At least Rotherham lost. Keep smiling, it’s only a game.

But we are led to believe the budget is a good one for this level.

Before lockdown, our attendances were in the top 8 of the division.

So what has changed?

I agree however, we will go down this season. With a whimper too.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2021, 05:16:22 pm by sha66y »
We are probably now a L1 and L2 yo yo team. Similar to our life in the 80’s. Given our form (or lack of it), budget and gates. This run reminds (2 wins in 19) reminds me of when DF took us down. I can’t honestly see where too many wins will come from. At least Rotherham lost. Keep smiling, it’s only a game.

So what has changed?

Let’s hope so….. I prefer 4th tier football,
more wins, better banter, no expectations, less fans, less money for players, cheaper burgers and beer,
Get rid of all the supporters who foretold the demise then either jumped ship or retired from supporting a local team….

Getting giddy at the prospect of playing Exeter and Hartlepool again…

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2021, 05:18:08 pm by Bessie Red »

So what has changed?

Smith,Taylor, Hiwula, Fej not being available hasn't helped.
With them 4 back in the team and two more attacking loans we should comfortably stay up.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2021, 05:19:19 pm by chrisfisher »

So what has changed?

With them 4 back in the team and two more attacking loans we should comfortably stay up.

The writing could already be on the wall by the time Taylor Hiwula and Fej are back though.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2021, 05:21:29 pm by Bessie Red »

So what has changed?

The writing could already be on the wall by the time Taylor Hiwula and Fej are back though.

Hopefully two attacking pacy loans this week will help.
My lad was there today and reckons we were the better team overall, and mostly controlled Midfield. Just need a goal scorer.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 14, 2021, 05:23:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
It’s far to early to say how this season will pan out. We can’t keep waiting for the injured three it will be to long.  17 players available today. Realistically look at the bench Jones, John, Horton Bogle the other two and even Bogle will not make a change in the forward areas. I don’t like the idea of six loans but nothing else Richie can do. The funds are not there it appears to buy and also pay wages for permanent better players because we have 3 permanent forward  players injured. Taylor and Okenabirhie’S problems should have started to resolve before Richie arrived they haven’t so we are in this position. So please the powers that be can we get the forward  loans in if they are young and cheaper they will take time to gel.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 14, 2021, 05:26:57 pm by coventryrover »
Sounds like the performance was better.    U fortunately we have to focus on that for the time being with a new team     We know we we not be world beaters but our expectations were middling.    Its time to do what we are supposed to.......support

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 14, 2021, 05:28:01 pm by PDX_Rover »
Talk of relegation is insane at this point. Period.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 14, 2021, 05:29:27 pm by StocksArmy »
I must say i have come out of the game quite positive. Thought we played some fantastic football and was thoroughly entertained. The problem today was the lack of quality in front of goal. And im sorry but he just has to wash his hands of Bogle the first chance he gets.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 14, 2021, 05:32:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
I must say i have come out of the game quite positive. Thought we played some fantastic football and was thoroughly entertained. The problem today was the lack of quality in front of goal. And im sorry but he just has to wash his hands of Bogle the first chance he gets.

I’m not sure that chance will come. Charlton moved him on after a dozen starts. They’d seen enough.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 14, 2021, 05:32:40 pm by colincramb »
We won’t go down. There’s every chance we will beat Accrington on Tuesday and then things might turn. We do need a forward in though, however we do it. Even with the injured players, none of them are exactly prolific are they.

All this talk of being a yo-yo club is nonsense. We were in the top 4 until March last year and barring one disastrous season 5 years ago, we’ve been a champ/L1 club for almost 20 years. There’s comfortably 10 clubs in this league with worse attendances/resources than us. Need to get a grip a bit

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 14, 2021, 05:35:55 pm by River Don »
It's still a very new side but today they did okay. They lost but were the better side for large parts of that game.

There's already clear progress being made. Writing them off now, is just bizarre.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 14, 2021, 05:36:44 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sounds like the performance was better.    U fortunately we have to focus on that for the time being with a new team     We know we we not be world beaters but our expectations were middling.    Its time to do what we are supposed to.......support

Exactly Dunc. For large parts of that game we were good. You can see the team starting to look more cohesive. Close and Knoyle have a great understanding. Galbraith looks some player. Bostock showed a lot of class today.

We're short of options up top but we know that already. We have, I think, 8 players to come back into the fold... is that right? So lots more options to come.

Wednesday scored through an excellent strike and a gift from Pontus. Other than that, we matched them and for significant phases of the game, we were much the better team I felt. The Wednesday fans were unhappy. The relief when they scored was obvious.

When Wellens gets them embedded in the system and game plans, I think we will start to shine.

We do need a couple more quality players in and I think the owners will support Richie in doing what he needs to.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 14, 2021, 05:38:32 pm by andyst79 »
Totally agree with this , controlled the ball 1st half and if we had any pace out wide or a decent number 9 I think we win the game especially if we score the 1st goal. The ball from Galbraith dinked through deserved to be finished. Plenty of positives to take from the game

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 14, 2021, 05:56:53 pm by RoversAlias »
It’s far to early to say how this season will pan out. We can’t keep waiting for the injured three it will be to long.  17 players available today. Realistically look at the bench Jones, John, Horton Bogle the other two and even Bogle will not make a change in the forward areas. I don’t like the idea of six loans but nothing else Richie can do. The funds are not there it appears to buy and also pay wages for permanent better players because we have 3 permanent forward  players injured. Taylor and Okenabirhie’S problems should have started to resolve before Richie arrived they haven’t so we are in this position. So please the powers that be can we get the forward  loans in if they are young and cheaper they will take time to gel.

In fairness, we have lost 8 players who were on permanent contracts and signed 7, and I would say man-for-man the 7 that have come in are looking like improvements on those that have gone, though it is early days. It is just killer that injuries have hit the forward line as badly as they have. No way our front three would usually be Gardner, Barlow and Cukur/Bogle with Fej, Taylor and Hiwula fit.

We do need one  or two more in, as Wellens has said, let's just hope they come in soon and hit the ground running.

I'm agreeing with you for the most part Steve, and it is definitely too early to call how the season will pan out for us. Not a good start but 44 games to go and a lot to happen between now and next May.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 14, 2021, 06:43:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
From what I gather, Bogle is very much on trial with RW who wants him to show if he's up to it. His comments about Bogle after the Walsall game didn't hold back and after today's penalty miss, it won't help his cause.

Not being at the game today, not sure how Bogle played generally but I'm guessing RW will see Bogles future elsewhere and he can't say he's not had a chance.

By the end of the month, don't be surprised to see some movement.

obeonesarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 14, 2021, 06:46:22 pm by obeonesarover »
hate to pop anyones bubble but if we are relying on beating Acrington on tues night to set us going this season, Please be aware that only once we have beaten them since 2006 and that was a cup game, thats home or away, but hey records are there to be broken and I certainly hope we can shake the monkey off our backs

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 14, 2021, 07:17:04 pm by the vicar »

So what has changed?

the thing with the budget saying it’s better than last year is we spent not a lot as we brought in lots of free or cheap loans so yes we are spending more money this season

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 14, 2021, 07:33:27 pm by Campsall rover »
If we had a proven goal scorer up front then based on what i have seen today we will be a very good team.

Thought our midfield was excellent today. Ben close is a class act, he won’t get the plaudits from many but if you watch him closely he is a very intelligent player. Just keeps it simple, does the basics very well.
Galbraith is a great signing, lots of energy, sees a pass and will get stuck in.
Bostock is a very good footballer but needs to move the ball quicker. He does slow the play down too often for my liking but sure RW and NH will work on that.

Lots to be positive about but Richie will as he said himself need to get that loan striker in from somewhere. 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 14, 2021, 07:44:23 pm by drfchound »
hate to pop anyones bubble but if we are relying on beating Acrington on tues night to set us going this season, Please be aware that only once we have beaten them since 2006 and that was a cup game, thats home or away, but hey records are there to be broken and I certainly hope we can shake the monkey off our backs

All runs come to an end.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 14, 2021, 07:48:32 pm by leedshayter »
chrisfisher wot a nob !

So what has changed?

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 14, 2021, 07:51:32 pm by The Beast »
Absolute hysteria!

We don’t look good, agreed but we had 10 new players in last week. Today we lost to a team including Peacock-Farrell, Sam Hutchinson and Barry Bannam, what do people expect? and now we’re getting relegated apparently, ffs what’s up with people?

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 14, 2021, 08:10:19 pm by chrisfisher »
chrisfisher wot a nob !

So what has changed?

It's what and knob.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 14, 2021, 08:10:36 pm by bpoolrover »
I think if we had wingers and forward today we would have won that game at a canter, we lacked pace that's all

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 14, 2021, 08:31:01 pm by leedshayter »
it’s your a knob . Fcuking keyboard warrior prick !

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 14, 2021, 08:36:09 pm by chrisfisher »
it’s your a knob . Fcuking keyboard warrior prick !

You're.

Keep trying, you might get there eventually.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 14, 2021, 08:38:56 pm by leedshayter »

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 14, 2021, 08:41:12 pm by chrisfisher »
 :facepalm:

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 14, 2021, 09:10:31 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »

That's what I can't square - where has the budget gone? We're not paying all the loans we had last year, copps money is freed up. Surely Knoyle and Rowe are on about same as James and Halliday, Jason, Madger and Butler all freed up and several youngsters (Amos). Has Roshaun, jordi, close and barlow and the few loans taken up all the money? The loans this year don't seem as many or as experienced as the ones from last year, so I would've thought would have been cheaper.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012