Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:02:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Realistically  (Read 3475 times)

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
Re: Realistically
« Reply #30 on August 14, 2021, 09:22:06 pm by Redandwhite »
We are probably now a L1 and L2 yo yo team. Similar to our life in the 80’s. Given our form (or lack of it), budget and gates. This run (2 wins in 19) reminds me of when DF took us down. I can’t honestly see where too many wins will come from. At least Rotherham lost and Leeds got a mauling. Keep smiling, it’s only a game.
If you think that, then you realise the current board have taken is backwards!
Not long since we were considered a yo yo team between league 1 and the championship.

I for one will NOT accept relegation to league 2   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 14, 2021, 09:23:17 pm by Redandwhite »
We are probably now a L1 and L2 yo yo team. Similar to our life in the 80’s. Given our form (or lack of it), budget and gates. This run reminds (2 wins in 19) reminds me of when DF took us down. I can’t honestly see where too many wins will come from. At least Rotherham lost. Keep smiling, it’s only a game.

But we are led to believe the budget is a good one for this level.

Before lockdown, our attendances were in the top 8 of the division.

So what has changed?

I agree however, we will go down this season. With a whimper too.

Let’s hope so….. I prefer 4th tier football,
more wins, better banter, no expectations, less fans, less money for players, cheaper burgers and beer,
Get rid of all the supporters who foretold the demise then either jumped ship or retired from supporting a local team….

Getting giddy at the prospect of playing Exeter and Hartlepool again…

Go and support frickley if you want that!!

Redandwhite

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 14, 2021, 09:30:47 pm by Redandwhite »
Talk of relegation is insane at this point. Period.
What's even more insane is people talking about it being acceptable !

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 14, 2021, 10:31:43 pm by PDX_Rover »
Talk of relegation is insane at this point. Period.
What's even more insane is people talking about it being acceptable !

Hmmm. A few tongue in cheek comments I reckon.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 14, 2021, 10:41:57 pm by redarmi66 »
We are probably now a L1 and L2 yo yo team. Similar to our life in the 80’s. Given our form (or lack of it), budget and gates. This run reminds (2 wins in 19) reminds me of when DF took us down. I can’t honestly see where too many wins will come from. At least Rotherham lost. Keep smiling, it’s only a game.

Before lockdown, our attendances were in the top 8 of the division.

So what has changed?

I agree however, we will go down this season. With a whimper too.

What a load of absolute b*llocks. Weve played two games!!! With a brand new team. Today for large parts of the game we were in control. We have improved significantly in 7 days and will continue to do so.Its a good job you dont manage the team, the country or anything as you just throw the towel in at the first sign of adversity. Get a  f**kin grip!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 15, 2021, 10:11:39 am by ravenrover »

That's what I can't square - where has the budget gone? We're not paying all the loans we had last year, copps money is freed up. Surely Knoyle and Rowe are on about same as James and Halliday, Jason, Madger and Butler all freed up and several youngsters (Amos). Has Roshaun, jordi, close and barlow and the few loans taken up all the money? The loans this year don't seem as many or as experienced as the ones from last year, so I would've thought would have been cheaper.
I doubt Copps will be filling his new role for nothing

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 15, 2021, 10:24:01 am by mpc123 »
We are probably now a L1 and L2 yo yo team. Similar to our life in the 80’s. Given our form (or lack of it), budget and gates. This run (2 wins in 19) reminds me of when DF took us down. I can’t honestly see where too many wins will come from. At least Rotherham lost and Leeds got a mauling. Keep smiling, it’s only a game.
If you think that, then you realise the current board have taken is backwards!
Not long since we were considered a yo yo team between league 1 and the championship.

I for one will NOT accept relegation to league 2   

Honestly the replies and statements of yours do get sillier every day, there never seems to be any thought into them at all.

I can only think you are doing to take the mess, because serious thought into something can't come up with those answers surely

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 15, 2021, 11:27:07 am by wilts rover »

That's what I can't square - where has the budget gone? We're not paying all the loans we had last year, copps money is freed up. Surely Knoyle and Rowe are on about same as James and Halliday, Jason, Madger and Butler all freed up and several youngsters (Amos). Has Roshaun, jordi, close and barlow and the few loans taken up all the money? The loans this year don't seem as many or as experienced as the ones from last year, so I would've thought would have been cheaper.

An interesting post - but you do realise you are equating the use of the budget over a whole season, with what has happened by the 2nd weekend in August?

I have no idea if more players will be coming in or out, but I reckon it will be more useful to wait for the end of this, and then the January, transfer/loan windows before comparing.

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 21, 2021, 02:04:50 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »

I doubt Copps will be filling his new role for nothing
That won't be coming out of the playing budget though. Those funds will be found elsewhere (I do understand they all interlink of course), and surely won't be anywhere near his playing wage

MagicMartinoWoods

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 21, 2021, 02:07:35 pm by MagicMartinoWoods »

An interesting post - but you do realise you are equating the use of the budget over a whole season, with what has happened by the 2nd weekend in August?

I have no idea if more players will be coming in or out, but I reckon it will be more useful to wait for the end of this, and then the January, transfer/loan windows before comparing.

I don't mean transfer budget though - I'm comparing playing wage budgets from this year to last, albeit without having any actualy factual knowledge of the wages and more speculation than anything else. And as I understand it the communications coming out of the club, from RW no less, is that we're at the limit of the budget. So I was trying to square how the budget matches with last year given the turnover of players. I also thought that the budget was slightly increased as well compared to last year.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012