Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:44:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Realistic Expectations  (Read 1355 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Realistic Expectations
« on August 20, 2022, 12:36:49 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I think we’d all agree that we’ve had a very decent start to the season and the team seems to be moving nicely in the right direction. But let’s all remember that we are still definitely a work in progress and there remains an awful lot of work to do to completely move on from the nightmare of last season.

With that, if we do lose against Salford please let’s remember that’s it’s not the end of the world. This season could easily be a case of 3 steps forward and 1 step back and there will, on occasions, be games where it just doesn’t click. A defeat does not mean that we’re going to be relegated just as a victory doesn’t mean we’re going to be champions!

Whatever happens, we know that overall we are in a much better place than last season but we need to be patient and be prepared for some challenges whilst the management team and board turn things around.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
Re: Realistic Expectations
« Reply #1 on August 20, 2022, 05:43:19 am by Avsuptem »
That's good psychological preparation for today, thanks.
But if we win today most of us here will take it as a massive indicator that this will be a glorious season ahead.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 20, 2022, 05:56:07 am by keith79 »
3-1

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 20, 2022, 07:22:44 am by ncRover »
Yep we lost 8 games in 03/04

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 20, 2022, 08:03:21 am by Superspy »
Admirable post, and I completely agree with you, but I think we all know that there are certain things that happen on this forum every single year, as sure as death and taxes, and that includes massive overreactions to every type of result.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 20, 2022, 10:49:58 am by moses »
The rules
We win a game = Promotion

We lose a game = Sack the manager

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 20, 2022, 11:06:11 am by danumdon »
Herbert, sensible and realistic comments, we should never get to giddy with the highs and to down with the lows.

But we're Donny Rovers, when has anything ever come easily.

Strap in for the ride because it will come.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 20, 2022, 11:22:42 am by Bessie Red »
I think we’d all agree that we’ve had a very decent start to the season and the team seems to be moving nicely in the right direction. But let’s all remember that we are still definitely a work in progress and there remains an awful lot of work to do to completely move on from the nightmare of last season.

With that, if we do lose against Salford please let’s remember that’s it’s not the end of the world. This season could easily be a case of 3 steps forward and 1 step back and there will, on occasions, be games where it just doesn’t click. A defeat does not mean that we’re going to be relegated just as a victory doesn’t mean we’re going to be champions!

Whatever happens, we know that overall we are in a much better place than last season but we need to be patient and be prepared for some challenges whilst the management team and board turn things around.

We had 1 point & scored 1 goal by this stage last season and didnt record our 1st league win until 18.09.21 (1-0 v Morecambe). Even taking into account that we are a lge below I would suggest that we have improved. Also we are currently on a lge run of 1 defeat in 9, which suggests the improvements had begun by the end of last season. All very encouraging in my view. The biggest test will be how we react to our 1st lge defeat this season!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 20, 2022, 01:25:10 pm by since-1969 »

It’s all about attitude . If the players and the manager are both pulling in the same direction then good things happen , if not they don’t . L1 is more than a possibility if the luck we’ve had leads to confidence and belief.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 20, 2022, 01:27:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Everything last season was absolutely terrible. We’ve managed to save games this season through collective endeavour and will to win. Last season we surrendered that 3-0 lead at Morecambe and ended up losing. It’s the exact opposite of this season so far.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 07:38:42 pm by Chris Black come back »

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 20, 2022, 07:36:58 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
I said the week we signed miller and mollenyux I said tongue in cheek we would go the season unbeaten and reaffirmed that after I had seen tomlin play v Rotherham pre season and said if he signs we win the league.

Here’s to keeping my dream alive!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012