Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:06:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A.F.C. Bournemouth - TLO Doncaster  (Read 18791 times)

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
A.F.C. Bournemouth - TLO Doncaster
« on February 23, 2014, 12:10:46 pm by DevilMayCry »
Championship 2013/14, Match 33
A.F.C. Bournemouth - Doncaster Rovers

Stadium: Dean Court (Bournemouth)
Kick-off: Saturday, 1 March 2014, 15.00h

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: A.F.C. Bournemouth - TLO Doncaster
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2014, 11:07:36 am by hoolahoop »
Tough one this one , unfortunately going for 1-0 defeat on current form and lack of killer instinct in front of goal. :(

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2014, 11:26:49 am by River Don »
It's a nice day for a jaunt to the seaside.

I'd take a nil nil with this one.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2014, 11:39:30 am by jonnydog »
I'd take a point but can see a defeat looming.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2014, 11:41:54 am by dknward2 »
Expecting defeat then if we do draw or win then i will be so amazed and if we lose then it want be a suprise

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2014, 11:55:53 am by Al4475 »
Expecting defeat today too unfortunately.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2014, 01:22:13 pm by Lipsy »
I shall be heading the ground in a bit... Not expecting much, tbh. That said, if our defence holds firm then we might nick a point or better (but only if their 'keeper doesn't play a blinder - he 's a bit good). I've watched 'em a couple of times this season and they don't half like to try to walk the ball into the back of the net. If they could get a goal-scorer in they'd almost certainly be higher up the table, as evidenced by their performance (which I watched) against Leicester... Matched the league leaders all over the park and were very unlucky to not earn a point from that. However, Leicester's keeper nary had a save to make...

It all depends on our defence today, I reckon. As an exile here in Bournemouth, I'm praying for something - anything - from today. I've already had the pre-match piss-taking from those around me...

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2014, 01:37:25 pm by ScillyRover »
I'd be surprised with anything other than a loss today but we live in hope. Hopefully listening in to RP from Lanzarote where it's 20ÂșC and sunny. A bit different to Yeovil a week ago. Come on Donny !! :scarf: :scarf:

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2014, 01:43:25 pm by DevilMayCry »
I'm disappointed that all you think about defeat. Even if they are a better team and has the best chances to win, to think that you lose this match before starting...that's sad. In football anything can happen, you have to try, believe and hope. If you lose, then you can't be disappointed because you tried to win and should be proud because you did everything depended on you

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2014, 01:47:00 pm by RedJ »
That's a nice way of looking at it. It'll be interesting to see how the boys react to last week's "performance".

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 01, 2014, 01:47:48 pm by goalkick »
Problem is our track record clearly points to a defeat.but saying that got to be optimistic.lack of goal chances worrying.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 01, 2014, 01:51:39 pm by DevilMayCry »
I say that Rovers will not lose this match. At least will be a draw.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 01, 2014, 02:03:14 pm by Filo »
I'm disappointed that all you think about defeat. Even if they are a better team and has the best chances to win, to think that you lose this match before starting...that's sad. In football anything can happen, you have to try, believe and hope. If you lose, then you can't be disappointed because you tried to win and should be proud because you did everything depended on you

It's the Doncaster mentality DMC, we need more of your type of enthusiasm and optimism in our fan base

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 01, 2014, 02:22:02 pm by RedJ »
@liamhodenDFP: Rovers: Johnstone, Tamas, Meite, Khumalo, Husband, Coppinger, Keegan, Wellens, Furman, Bowery, Brown #drfc

Coppinger behind the strikers do we think? or can Bowery play wide?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 01, 2014, 02:30:03 pm by Lipsy »
I'm trying to be positive but our away form tells its own story.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 01, 2014, 02:31:03 pm by IDM »
No Duffy?

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 01, 2014, 02:31:47 pm by DevilMayCry »

It's the Doncaster mentality DMC, we need more of your type of enthusiasm and optimism in our fan base
The mentality can change. If you want you have to try, if you try then you have to believe. The players gain their strengths from the fans. Sometimes a small team can beat a big team because they and their fans believe that anything is possible.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 01, 2014, 02:32:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
@liamhodenDFP: Rovers: Johnstone, Tamas, Meite, Khumalo, Husband, Coppinger, Keegan, Wellens, Furman, Bowery, Brown #drfc

Coppinger behind the strikers do we think? or can Bowery play wide?
Duffy injured hamstring and Quinn not in subs as well

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 01, 2014, 02:32:56 pm by RedJ »
Subs are Maxted, Cotterill, McCullough, De Val, Peterson, Stevens and Robinson.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 01, 2014, 02:38:22 pm by pib »

I don't think it's the Doncaster anything.

Our away form is a bag of shite, and we're playing a decent side. Just because folk aren't blind to that doesn't make it some sort of intrinsic characteristic of a whole town.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #20 on March 01, 2014, 02:47:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Likewise. Question is, do I hibernate for next 2 hours or go through the torture of every kick? Torture it is then!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 01, 2014, 02:50:40 pm by Filo »

Our away form is a bag of shite, and we're playing a decent side. Just because folk aren't blind to that doesn't make it some sort of intrinsic characteristic of a whole town.

There's no denying our away form is rubbish, the point DMC is making is that the fans can have a positive effect if they believe, rather than just lie down and accept defeat

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 01, 2014, 02:52:42 pm by DevilMayCry »
There's no denying our away form is rubbish, the point DMC is making is that the fans can have a positive effect if they believe, rather than just lie down and accept defeat
You understood what I said  :) So let's hope that Rovers can win at least 1 point in this match.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:56:06 pm by DevilMayCry »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 01, 2014, 02:56:24 pm by pib »

I was more contesting your sweeping generalisation of the whole town more than anything.

But yeah, fine. Let's all blindly predict victories when there's absolutely nothing to suggest that will be the outcome.  :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 01, 2014, 02:58:03 pm by RedJ »
Well there's no point in going to away games then in that case is there.

Shall we pack up and go home now?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 01, 2014, 02:58:31 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I'm expecting us to get well beat, so hopefully that probably means we'll win :-)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 01, 2014, 02:59:29 pm by Dare to dream! »
Im very nervous, not too sure why. A draw would be a very good result today

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 01, 2014, 03:00:13 pm by pib »
Well there's no point in going to away games then in that case is there.

Shall we pack up and go home now?

Didn't say that, did I?

If you want to predict us to win, then that's fine. I've got no problem with that. But don't have a go at those who use the facts in front of them to think differently.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 01, 2014, 03:03:11 pm by RedJ »
Apparently Furman's playing on the right according to Player. Odd one that.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 01, 2014, 03:04:52 pm by Dare to dream! »
Apparently Furman's playing on the right according to Player. Odd one that.

What on earth? If he wants work rate on the wing play Hubby there and put stevens in at left back

TinyPortal © 2005-2012