Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:26:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 53603 times)

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #720 on January 11, 2021, 03:01:09 pm by Hounslowrover »
What are you going to do with our lot such as Grieve, Starmer, Soubry, Lord Adonis etc then, what Line are you drawing for that lot a squigly one no doubt.
I suppose they should be arrested too for inciting a mob to invade parliament and killing a policeman.  Oops, I got it wrong Selby! Haven’t you too?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #721 on January 11, 2021, 04:04:37 pm by wilts rover »
What are you going to do with our lot such as Grieve, Starmer, Soubry, Lord Adonis etc then, what Line are you drawing for that lot a squigly one no doubt.

People who organise a peacful march attended by a million people the same as those who cause a riot which led to death of two policemen and three members of the public.

When you try and claim false equivalence by equating peaceful process with incitement to riot - you have gone the wrong side of any line.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #722 on January 11, 2021, 04:15:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby

There are organisations in the USA currently planning to get 1 million people to descend on Washington DC next week with exhortations being sent out to "Execute Pelosi."

And you consider this to be a topic for ribbing people about Brexit?

You are so far beneath contempt it is beyond words.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #723 on January 11, 2021, 05:43:57 pm by MachoMadness »
Interesting you haven't once expressed a view on the actual fascists and white supremacists trying to overthrow the government in a violent coup. If you support these fascists, just own up and say it instead of trying to hide behind these false equivalences you keep drawing.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #724 on January 11, 2021, 05:56:44 pm by Janso »
Mad that people keep rising to this absolute sad act whose life revolves around trying to get a bite out of strangers on the internet.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #725 on January 11, 2021, 06:07:35 pm by selby »
  We agree on something Billy, I also think the USA is filled with a bunch of idiots, it just doesn't bother me, ignoring how close some remainers came to overturning the will of the electorate and encouraged mass protests in our capital and the damage caused by them in Trafalgar Square and other parts of London, and the encouragement of civil unrest in this country does though.
  I do see now near if we had not policed the situation better we could have fallen into the same turmoil, which you choose not to because the people causing the problem had your sympathy and backing.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #726 on January 11, 2021, 06:15:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby

I was on the march in London in October 2019. It was peaceful, good natured, good humoured.

You are a f**king idiot if you compare it to what happened in Washington.

You seem to actively WANT the people you disagree with to be violent insurrectionists, despite the total lack of evidence of that. Your "Well if THIS had happened or if THAT had happened, maybe the Remain supporters would have broken into Parliament, killing police and looking to lynch Rees-Mogg" suggestions of equivalence are beyond contemptible. Grow up you bloody fool.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 06:20:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #727 on January 11, 2021, 06:51:32 pm by wilts rover »
With apologies to Selby - back onto the real nutters:

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1348466114209071106

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #728 on January 11, 2021, 07:16:37 pm by MachoMadness »
Mad that people keep rising to this absolute sad act whose life revolves around trying to get a bite out of strangers on the internet.
You're right. It's true that he's a bad troll and normally I would ignore, but this is scary stuff he's playing about with here. He knows full well an MP was murdered in the brexit campaign by someone spouting this kind of shit and he still carries on. His side can do no wrong even when it includes fascists. Needs calling out in this case IMO.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #729 on January 13, 2021, 12:27:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Interesting!

The Republican party bigwigs seem to be moving towards supporting the impeachment of Trump.

Should be a non-question of course, but until now they have been cowed by him.

But tonight, the Republican Senate Leader has said Trump committed "impeachable offences". If he's on board, I assume a lot of the less batshit Republican Senators will be too.

And one of the leading Republicans in the House of Representatives has tonight said she will vote for impeachment tomorrow.

Let's see if more of them can find where they left their consciences.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #730 on January 13, 2021, 01:28:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile.

This very evening, metal detectors have been installed at the Capitol to stop folk wandering in tooled up.

Several Republican Congressmen and women have refused to go through the checks.

Because...?

Draw the f**king dots.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #731 on January 13, 2021, 09:28:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Interesting!

The Republican party bigwigs seem to be moving towards supporting the impeachment of Trump.

Should be a non-question of course, but until now they have been cowed by him.

But tonight, the Republican Senate Leader has said Trump committed "impeachable offences". If he's on board, I assume a lot of the less batshit Republican Senators will be too.

And one of the leading Republicans in the House of Representatives has tonight said she will vote for impeachment tomorrow.

Let's see if more of them can find where they left their consciences.
https://mobile.twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1349135747132092418

Christ! I actually am beginning to think they are going to do it.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #732 on January 13, 2021, 01:34:10 pm by MachoMadness »
We've been here before with these spineless Republicans, BST. They'll umm and ahh and say they're "concerned", but when the chips are down they back Trump every time. Call me a cynic but I don't see this going through.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #733 on January 13, 2021, 01:37:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Probably right MM. Perish the thought that they are virtue signalling snowflakes.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #734 on January 13, 2021, 05:06:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
We've been here before with these spineless Republicans, BST. They'll umm and ahh and say they're "concerned", but when the chips are down they back Trump every time. Call me a cynic but I don't see this going through.

McConnell loves Congress, he's never even thought of trying for the Presidency. The attack on the Capitol has enfuriated him because it's an institution he deeply believes in and he also blames Trump for losing the two seats in Georgia and therefore losing McConnell's status as Senate Leader. He can now see a great opportunity of getting rid of Trump from the Republican party and starting with a clean slate - because otherwise Trump is going to hang round the GOP like an extremely bad smell, probably making it more difficult for them to win any seats back.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #735 on January 13, 2021, 05:39:24 pm by MachoMadness »
The reports of McConnell being open to impeachment are surprising, but still, I think we all underestimate how many of these Republican senators are either f**king insane, or spineless enough to tag along with the loud insane ones. Trump insulted Ted Cruz's wife and dead father, and Cruz still works the phones for him and supports his man like a good boy. I think there are enough of these to fall short of the 2/3rd majority needed, and the rest will fall into line once they see it's not going to pass. They know a decent number of the Republican voters are Trump cultists. Get rid of Trump, and that voter base goes with him.

I would love to be wrong, mind you.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #736 on January 13, 2021, 06:19:12 pm by MachoMadness »
Further to this, impeachment has passed the house now. Out of 211 republicans, just 5 voted for it. I'd be staggered if it got a 2/3rd senate majority.

E: Apologies, it's advanced to the debate stage, it hasn't passed the house. My mistake. You'd still expect the numbers to stay largely the same, though.

Edit again: also McConnell's office is now refusing to hold an impeachment trial until the 19th - the day before the inauguration. Spineless.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:49:46 pm by MachoMadness »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #737 on January 13, 2021, 06:58:40 pm by ravenrover »
I see that his latest speech has been seen by the media as a threat in regards to him being impeached, there is a lot of hate and anger out there he says, it's the biggest witch hunt in presidential history according to him
Stoking the fires sgain?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #738 on January 13, 2021, 07:18:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Poor Donald, he's always the victim.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #739 on January 13, 2021, 09:33:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So the American Presidency has existed for 238 years.

In that time there have been 4 impeachments of Presidents.

Trump has half of those...

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #740 on January 13, 2021, 09:46:48 pm by Metalmicky »
Although being Trump he'll play it as "the biggest and best impeachment ever...."   :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #741 on January 13, 2021, 10:00:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Many Republican Congressmen and women say they are against impeachment because it will only increase division.

Yep, you don't imoech a President who encouraged sedition because it might upset folk.

Meanwhile, one Republican congressman by gave a speech while wearing a mask with the words, "This mask is as useless as my (Democrat) State Governor" written on it.

That should start the healing process.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #742 on January 13, 2021, 10:34:44 pm by MachoMadness »
A whopping 10 House Republicans voted to impeach, out of 200-odd.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #743 on January 13, 2021, 10:39:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And you were right MM. McConnell has block the Senate sitting to try Trump quickly. And is back pedalling on his reported comments about supporting impeachment.

I've done it again. Assumed the Right had finally found its moral compass, and ended up looking the naive idiot.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #744 on January 13, 2021, 10:56:32 pm by MachoMadness »
And you were right MM. McConnell has block the Senate sitting to try Trump quickly. And is back pedalling on his reported comments about supporting impeachment.

I've done it again. Assumed the Right had finally found its moral compass, and ended up looking the naive idiot.
His reasoning is quite something though innit? Impeaching Trump for inciting insurrection might end up inciting another attempted insurrection. I wonder what other crimes he could get away with using that logic. He once famously said he could walk out on 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any votes, looks like he meant within the Republican party as well as with his voter base.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #745 on January 13, 2021, 11:00:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Don't gang up on the bully because he might lash out.

That sounds like a philosophy!

You do wonder if any of these "leaders" have ever read any entry-level history books.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #746 on January 14, 2021, 10:48:59 am by SydneyRover »
The similarities are uncanny, just watched the first episode and it's as though the orange baby had based his blueprint for his power grab on Hitler.

''The Rise of the Nazis''

https://www.pbs.org/show/rise-nazis/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #747 on January 14, 2021, 11:07:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I watched that 3 years ago Sydney. You could close your eyes and replace "Hitler" with "Trump" and it was chillingly similar.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #748 on January 14, 2021, 12:06:42 pm by Filo »
Trump turning on Guilinani now, this might get interesting

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #749 on January 16, 2021, 01:47:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I won't breathe easily until that t**t is removed from the White House in 5 days time. So I don't know whether to laugh at or be scared by this news.

The head of the biggest bed company in America. Meeting with Trump. And being photographed with a sheaf of notes that appear to have a plan on how to invoke the Insurrection Act and impose martial law.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jabinbotsford/status/1350186100564905985

TinyPortal © 2005-2012