Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:54:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 53599 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #750 on January 16, 2021, 12:02:35 pm by Not Now Kato »
Donny's on a charge to get a couple of things done before he leaves, (that's if he leaves of course  ;) )

https://projects.propublica.org/trump-midnight-regulations/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #751 on January 16, 2021, 12:28:50 pm by silent majority »
Donny's on a charge to get a couple of things done before he leaves, (that's if he leaves of course  ;) )

https://projects.propublica.org/trump-midnight-regulations/

Some of those law changes are shocking!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #752 on January 16, 2021, 12:44:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Doubtless there will be some serious backhanders going on there.

Trump has never in his life lifted a finger for anyone without having his palm greased.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #753 on January 16, 2021, 01:43:02 pm by drfchound »
Won’t the Biden administration be able to change things back to how they when they get full control?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #754 on January 16, 2021, 01:54:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Read the article Hound.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #755 on January 16, 2021, 02:09:54 pm by drfchound »
BST, I did.
It says that Biden and co. will freeze pending rules.
NNK said that Trumps people were rushing things through before his terms ends.
That indicates that the stuff being rushed through will have gone through and not be pending.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #756 on January 16, 2021, 02:15:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

Sorry. My mistake. Read it CAREFULLY.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #757 on January 16, 2021, 02:21:41 pm by drfchound »
BST.
I am very busy trying to get things done before watching the game.
I did a speed read (which is what you often use yourself) which is unusual because I rarely read links posted by some of our posters.
So, going back to my original question, does it really matter what gets done in the next few days because it will just be undone wont it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:38:16 pm by drfchound »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #758 on January 16, 2021, 06:07:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

It says clearly, just above  the bit you quoted, that these laws " may tie the hands of the incoming president" a d just below it says that 50 laws have been finalised meaning "Rule Finalized
Rule is in effect or set to take effect, making it harder for the next administration to undo".

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #759 on January 16, 2021, 08:18:55 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

It says clearly, just above  the bit you quoted, that these laws " may tie the hands of the incoming president" a d just below it says that 50 laws have been finalised meaning "Rule Finalized
Rule is in effect or set to take effect, making it harder for the next administration to undo".

So, harder for the next administration to undo......but not impossible to be undone.
So thanks for confirming then that the changes made this week can be undone later.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #760 on January 16, 2021, 08:30:11 pm by Janso »
Hound.

So, harder for the next administration to undo......but not impossible to be undone.
So thanks for confirming then that the changes made this week can be undone later.

That then eats into time and resources that could be doing other things though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #761 on January 16, 2021, 08:31:30 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

That then eats into time and resources that could be doing other things though.

Oh, I agree but that isn’t what I was talking about.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #762 on January 17, 2021, 01:15:42 pm by Not Now Kato »
Hound.

Won't be of much help to anyone who is executed in the mean time hound!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #763 on January 17, 2021, 01:20:16 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

Totally different scenario.
You might as well include people who get run over and killed.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #764 on January 17, 2021, 01:22:55 pm by Not Now Kato »
Hound.

Why?  The orange one hasn't passed a law about people having to be run over!  Or are you just being a WUM for the sake of it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #765 on January 17, 2021, 01:27:21 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

Why?  The orange one hasn't passed a law about people having to be run over!  Or are you just being a WUM for the sake of it?

I have no idea what you are getting at or why.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #766 on January 17, 2021, 01:37:30 pm by Not Now Kato »
Hound.

You obviously didn't read the content of the link posted hound.  One of Trumps new 'rulings' was to bring forward executions for those on death row, (currently the death penalty had been suspended). One person has already been executed following Trumps action and more are to follow!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #767 on January 17, 2021, 03:49:39 pm by Not Now Kato »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #768 on January 17, 2021, 04:26:28 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

You obviously didn't read the content of the link posted hound.  One of Trumps new 'rulings' was to bring forward executions for those on death row, (currently the death penalty had been suspended). One person has already been executed following Trumps action and more are to follow!

NNK, there are some links from some posters that I very rarely bother to read, especially on the political threads.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #769 on January 17, 2021, 04:36:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yet you comment on them. A strange approach.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #770 on January 17, 2021, 04:44:53 pm by drfchound »
BST, you really do try to make things out to be something else.
Originally I didn’t need to read the link that NNK posted about getting laws passed.
I simply said that they can be changed when the Biden administration comes in.
You confirmed that yourself, eventually.
Some of your disciples then came on the scene and it kind of snowballed from there as often is the case.
I have said many times that I don’t read all of the links posted by some of the posters on here and even when I do open them, invariably I skip through them and wonder why I ever bothered in the first place.
In one of your elongated messages to me recently you informed me that the tv news and newspapers were full of edited and filtered articles.
Most of the links posted by some of you on here are just that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #771 on January 17, 2021, 04:51:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.
I didn't confirm what you said. Your interpretation of the text there was very different to mine. I read "tying hands" and "making it harder to rescind" as meaning what they, to me, clearly say. And as others have said, how do you rescind a rushed execution?

Regarding the "long post" you refer to, I clearly set out what I think is the different levels of what and who you can trust. If you choose to opt out of reading fact-based articles (as opposed to opinion) from organisations with a track record of generally being truthful and honest, but then comment on the discussion around that, it seems an odd stance.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #772 on January 17, 2021, 04:57:48 pm by drfchound »
Hound.
I didn't confirm what you said. Your interpretation of the text there was very different to mine. I read "tying hands" and "making it harder to rescind" as meaning what they, to me, clearly say. And as others have said, how do you rescind a rushed execution?

Regarding the "long post" you refer to, I clearly set out what I think is the different levels of what and who you can trust. If you choose to opt out of reading fact-based articles (as opposed to opinion) from organisations with a track record of generally being truthful and honest, but then comment on the discussion around that, it seems an odd stance.

BST, I hadn’t got as far into that link to get to the part about executions, in indeed it was there.
I assume it was.
Just out of curiosity, wouldn’t the people being executed be on death row because, under USA law, had committed crimes worthy of a death sentence?
Just an observation there by the way.

With regards to the news feed information saga, I suppose Twitter is full of truthful and non questionable information.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #773 on January 17, 2021, 05:30:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

Yes. But there is a ling and drawn out process to implementing the death penalty. And Biden has been a long-term opponent of it. So it is very likely that, if Trump hadn't rushed these decisions, the people who have been executed (who are overwhelmingly black - I'm sure that's a coincidence...) would eventually have had their sentences commuted.

With regards to your last sentence, I give up. If you are determined to play silly buggers and not actually read what I say then fill your boots. I truly do not understand someone who refuses to engage with what someone writes, but then has a strident opinion on it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #774 on January 17, 2021, 07:13:37 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

Yes. But there is a ling and drawn out process to implementing the death penalty. And Biden has been a long-term opponent of it. So it is very likely that, if Trump hadn't rushed these decisions, the people who have been executed (who are overwhelmingly black - I'm sure that's a coincidence...) would eventually have had their sentences commuted.

With regards to your last sentence, I give up. If you are determined to play silly buggers and not actually read what I say then fill your boots. I truly do not understand someone who refuses to engage with what someone writes, but then has a strident opinion on it.

And I find it very odd that you deride news articles from tv and yet constantly post links to twitter which “confirm’ your biased points of view.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #775 on January 17, 2021, 07:42:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I post factual evidence from people and organisations who have a long record of being truthful and honest. And who hold up their hands and correct themselves when they are shown to have made a mistake.

I deride any person or organisation that have a track record of lying or misrepresenting.

I treat any opinion piece with caution and I rarely post those.

Clear now?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #776 on January 17, 2021, 07:57:59 pm by Not Now Kato »
Well one media company owns up to publishing Trumps lies....

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/statement.html

It's amazing how a potential law suit brings out the truth about the lies being peddled.  It's a pity that someone doesn't take some of our press to court for all the lies they publish!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #777 on January 17, 2021, 09:19:18 pm by ravenrover »
I see he is off to his place in Florida on Wednesday morning. Speculation he has something planned as an alternative to the inauguration

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #778 on January 17, 2021, 11:11:15 pm by drfchound »
I post factual evidence from people and organisations who have a long record of being truthful and honest. And who hold up their hands and correct themselves when they are shown to have made a mistake.

I deride any person or organisation that have a track record of lying or misrepresenting.

I treat any opinion piece with caution and I rarely post those.

Clear now?

Those last two words..........a classic end to a BST post.
Always right ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #779 on January 17, 2021, 11:49:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

Well it obviously wasn't before.

And no, of course I'm not always right. But I do try to correct it when I'm wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012