Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:21:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 52760 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #690 on January 08, 2021, 08:21:37 am by Filo »
Trump has finally, through gritted teeth, conceded, it looks like. Probably a last ditch effort to avoid getting hoyed out by the impending impeachment proceedings.

And after inciting the disorder he has now thrown them all under the bus, like he has with anyone he fell out with throughout his whole term, he’s now trying to save his own neck, a long jail term is staring at him

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #691 on January 08, 2021, 08:57:55 am by SydneyRover »
all fingers crossed Filo

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #692 on January 08, 2021, 10:14:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
His legal team has obviously finally got through to him and told him he is facing sedition charges unless he reads the following script.

He looked like a hostage reading out a statement prepared by his kidnappers.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #693 on January 08, 2021, 01:11:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Trump has finally, through gritted teeth, conceded, it looks like. Probably a last ditch effort to avoid getting hoyed out by the impending impeachment proceedings.

And after inciting the disorder he has now thrown them all under the bus, like he has with anyone he fell out with throughout his whole term, he’s now trying to save his own neck, a long jail term is staring at him

What's the betting he'll try and pardon himself - as well as all the rioters - before he gets hoiked out of office?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 03:01:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #694 on January 08, 2021, 01:46:05 pm by drfchound »
Trump has gone on record as condemning the rioters so it would be awkward for him to now pardon them.
He has already told them that they will be punished.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #695 on January 08, 2021, 01:56:47 pm by River Don »
Apparently there is anger amongst Trump loyalists who are just realising that he marched them up the hill... And now he's threatening to prosecute them for doing just what he asked of them.

You've got to laugh.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #696 on January 08, 2021, 02:18:41 pm by Filo »
Apparently there is anger amongst Trump loyalists who are just realising that he marched them up the hill... And now he's threatening to prosecute them for doing just what he asked of them.

You've got to laugh.

Like I said, saving his own skin, everyone else is expendable in his little game

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #697 on January 08, 2021, 02:56:38 pm by MachoMadness »
Trump has gone on record as condemning the rioters so it would be awkward for him to now pardon them.
He's also gone on record as saying he loves them and they're very special. His condemnation was piss-weak and the bare minimum that he thinks he needs to do to avoid getting dragged out of office and slung in jail.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #698 on January 08, 2021, 02:59:58 pm by drfchound »
He's also gone on record as saying he loves them and they're very special. His condemnation was piss-weak and the bare minimum that he thinks he needs to do to avoid getting dragged out of office and slung in jail.

Did he say that the rioters were special and that he loves them since the riots though.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #699 on January 08, 2021, 03:02:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It didn't stopped him handing pardons out left right and centre to those who were 'the worst people in the world' when they got caught and convicted.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #700 on January 08, 2021, 03:03:32 pm by MachoMadness »

Did he say that the rioters were special and that he loves them since the riots though.
I mean, he said it while it was happening, which is arguably worse.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #701 on January 08, 2021, 03:05:13 pm by drfchound »

Ok, cheers, I didn’t hear that.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #702 on January 08, 2021, 03:21:10 pm by MachoMadness »

No worries. It was in a video posted on his Twitter. I think it's one of the reason Twitter and Facebook banned him, because he was obviously inflaming the situation.

It's only now, presumably after someone sat him down and told him that he's actually in real trouble, he's taking a different tone.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #703 on January 08, 2021, 03:33:05 pm by Filo »

No worries. It was in a video posted on his Twitter. I think it's one of the reason Twitter and Facebook banned him, because he was obviously inflaming the situation.

It's only now, presumably after someone sat him down and told him that he's actually in real trouble, he's taking a different tone.

I think they’ve sent him to his room and took his phone off him as punishment

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #704 on January 08, 2021, 03:48:09 pm by MachoMadness »
Er, maybe not Filo.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
2m
Disruptive
73%
To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
Disruptive
73%
The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347569870578266115?s=20

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #705 on January 08, 2021, 06:38:24 pm by Sprotyrover »
Nothing will come of this, the Democrats are bricking themselves the likes of Nancy Pelosi would love to String him up the Problem is those 75 Million Machine gun totting idiots who support him.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #706 on January 08, 2021, 06:53:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Er, maybe not Filo.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
2m
Disruptive
73%
To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
1h
Disruptive
73%
The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347569870578266115?s=20

No doubt his followers will be 'attending' it with Donald promising he'll be marching there with them again...

Mind you, it all depends whether you're daft enough to believe a fecking word the t**t says.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 06:56:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 07:01:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #708 on January 08, 2021, 08:16:39 pm by Filo »
I wonder if he’s planning to flee the Country before he’s arrested

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #709 on January 08, 2021, 11:04:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's the comedy moment of the insurrection.

This bell end died of a heart attack at the Capitol. Induced by the fact that he was carrying a Taser. It went off accidentally while he was trying to steal a painting in the Capitol and tasered him in the knackers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ConnorASheets/status/1347253411335589888

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:09:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #710 on January 09, 2021, 12:07:26 am by MachoMadness »
Trump's just been permanently banned from Twitter.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #711 on January 09, 2021, 08:52:14 am by Not Now Kato »

No more tweeting from the orange one. He's also had his Facebook and Instagram accounts closed indefinitely. Google has withdrawn the Parler app from their Play Store and Apple have threatened to do the same if Parler, (the main area used to coordinate the action taken the other day), don't remove offending posts and put better controls in place.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #712 on January 09, 2021, 10:40:12 am by Not Now Kato »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #713 on January 09, 2021, 03:33:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

An interesting point made on one of the US news channels (I forget which one) - Trump's seemingly innocent tweet saying he won't be attending the inauguration - after the more aggressive tweet he made before - could very easily be construed by those he's REALLY messaging as saying that it would be safe for them to target the inauguration because he wouldn't be there in the firing line. Which does make sense.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #714 on January 09, 2021, 05:53:53 pm by Donnywolf »
He's doing the USA and politics in general no favours whatsoever is he ?

What a pathetic man he is looking to the (thankfully) 81,282,903 voters who voted against him and a lot of dare I say "sane" people all over the world - although that does of course show which camp I am in

Not neccessarily the Biden camp just the not Trump camp

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #715 on January 09, 2021, 06:27:33 pm by silent majority »
If you're up for a long and insightful read on Trumps speech, then try Seth here. It's excellent by the way!

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1347972187131670531

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #716 on January 10, 2021, 01:08:52 pm by Superspy »
Thanks for posting that SM, I've just read it from the tweet you linked through to the end (didn't feel the need to go back to the beginning). The whole speech by trump was even worse than I thought. Scary stuff.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #717 on January 11, 2021, 11:45:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1348549252671299584

Tough one here.

Part of me says that it is vital for the future of democracy that people who were duped by Trump, or who chose to be enablers for him have the strength of character to come out and admit they were wrong and start to address this huge threat to democracy for what it is.

Part of me says, "f**k you Morgan. Either you knew all along what he was like, and you rode the tiger for the ratings. Or you didn't see what was f**king obvious, in which case what sort of useless waste of space as a journalist are you. Either way, you are a threat to democracy and you are part of the problem, not the solution.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #718 on January 11, 2021, 01:50:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just a reflection in where the Republican party currently is.

5 days ago, a Republican President openly and deliberately invited a mob to storm the Capitol, saying that the Senators would need to "be brave" if they were to resist doing what Trump wanted them to do.

That's open incitement for the mob to go and wreak violence on Senators.

It's now known that only the nous and courage of a handful of police managed to divert the mob while the Senate was evacuated. Literally, seconds after the last Senator had been taken to safety, a mob which had beaten and killed policemen broke into the chamber.

Now get this.

Senior Republicans are saying they will not vote to remove Trump "because it would be divisive".

Damn f**king right it is time to be divisive. Draw a clear, thick line between those who 100% support democracy and those who turn a blind eye to violent sedition.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #719 on January 11, 2021, 02:45:49 pm by selby »
What are you going to do with our lot such as Grieve, Starmer, Soubry, Lord Adonis etc then, what Line are you drawing for that lot a squigly one no doubt.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012