Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:46:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rosso report  (Read 2162 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Rosso report
« on July 12, 2016, 10:57:06 pm by Copps is Magic »
Good outing, enjoyable to watch. Don't want to be too negative about Rosso but they weren't really competitive - Frickley put up a better showing last year. Their pitch though is very nice indeed and they seem to have a good group of volunteers running the club.

First Half - the quality of Copps and Greeny shone through. Greeny was playing the holding midfield role orchestrating the entire game. Also noticed Garratt, seems a very technically sound player. The freekick from Copps was sublime.

Second half - we weren't quite as good as the first. Might be a tad harsh but perhaps because Middleton wasn't as effective as Greeny playing the same role. Tommy Rowe individual quality for the first goal. I am sexually attracted to the man.

Stand out performers of the young lads for me was Joe Pugh. Some lovely touches, turns and link up play. One to watch.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Rosso report
« Reply #1 on July 13, 2016, 06:57:36 am by Alan Southstand »
What about Longbottom first half? His goal was pure technique. A great opening 45 mins from a very young lad, I thought. Rosso gave him a bit of rough stuff but he weathered that really well and I thought he should have had at least 1 pen.

Frickley put up a better showing last year against, arguably, a poorer Rovers side. IF we get Green, I think I may start to get quietly optimistic. We are better than we were at this stage last season, no question.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:35:30 am by Alan Southstand »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 13, 2016, 07:52:53 am by RobTheRover »
Thanks fellas. Couldn't get there last night.  First "first" preseason game I've missed in ages.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 13, 2016, 08:05:33 am by steve@dcfd »
Knowing ATS and Keegan were injured, McCullough on holiday.

But where
 Baudry, Achilles injury?
Wright
McSheffrey

Let's hope they are all available for Saturday game.

First half performance as a team was good. Second half had good individual performances.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:09:38 am by steve@dcfd »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 13, 2016, 08:14:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Positive start, but it means little really against that level of opposition.  Good to see strength in the squad throughout though, it feels like something is building.  A good pre season should yield a strong start to the season hopefully.

I feel we need a midfielder (Green? - would certainly add some CM experience and a proven league 2 title winner remember) and a striker with pace to complete the side.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 13, 2016, 11:30:17 am by RoversAlias »
All sounds good.

Frickley will put up a better showing than Rossington. They play in the Northern Premier League and did well last year, they play a few leagues above Rossington who are a 2nd tier NCEL team, some 3 divisions lower down the pyramid.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 13, 2016, 11:40:38 am by Copps is Magic »
Steve, Joe Wright played in the 2nd half alongside Butler. Alan, agree about Longbottom's goal.

As I said about Rosso - I wasn't trying to be disparaging. It will be a massive boost for them having rovers there. The downside is that they didn't pose an attacking threat - so wasn't really a test for our defense or keeper.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 13, 2016, 11:59:56 am by steve@dcfd »
Copps

FIRST HALF XI: Etheridge, Lund, Barker, Garrett, Green, Coppinger, Calder, Longbottom, Alcock, Marquis, Mandeville

SECOND HALF XI: Etheridge, Walker, Middleton, Fielding, Butler, Evina, Blair, James, Rowe, Pugh, Williams
Read more at http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/-rossington-main-0-4-rovers-3182403.aspx#SXx74X1mHLrygtxU.99

Is was Reece Fielding who played alongside Butler second half and I believe his regular position is Midfield

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 13, 2016, 12:04:32 pm by Copps is Magic »
Stand corrected on that one then, he looks very much like Wright.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 13, 2016, 12:12:38 pm by The Red Baron »
Fielding is the next cab off the rank, I believe. He went up to Scotland and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a squad number.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012