Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:42:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When a Government...  (Read 22651 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: When a Government...
« Reply #30 on October 19, 2023, 03:23:47 pm by Donnywolf »
Ahh. It's alright. He did that way back in the past.
https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1714687235230961855

Oh , well that's ok then

In fact it's a wonder someone didn't come on the telly and say the classic " well what he was actually meaning when he said that was ....."

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 19, 2023, 05:29:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
...runs out of ideas about how to manage the big things, they start lashing out at irrelevant fluff.

Anyone over 40 might remember John Major putting on his serious face and announcing the Cones Hotline.

Here's Sunak walking in the same footsteps.

https://twitter.com/SophiaSleigh/status/1698057255411704074

What happens when a potential new government comes to power and doesn't have any ideas ? , wouldn't  that be worse ?

That's fine then Tyke. Don't vote Labour then be happy with yourself when a party full of Kitsons like this one stays in power.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 19, 2023, 05:58:28 pm by Donnywolf »
The Tory hard-core voters will probably turn out but I wonder if out 13 million hard core non voters might be motivated to get out and vote

13 bloody million who can't be a***d to vote.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 20, 2023, 06:15:06 am by Donnywolf »
Ahh. It's alright. He did that way back in the past.
https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1714687235230961855

Oh , well that's ok then

In fact it's a wonder someone didn't come on the telly and say the classic " well what he was actually meaning when he said that was ....."

He DIDNT win

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 20, 2023, 08:35:44 am by tyke1962 »
...runs out of ideas about how to manage the big things, they start lashing out at irrelevant fluff.

Anyone over 40 might remember John Major putting on his serious face and announcing the Cones Hotline.

What happens when a potential new government comes to power and doesn't have any ideas ? , wouldn't  that be worse ?

That's fine then Tyke. Don't vote Labour then be happy with yourself when a party full of Kitsons like this one stays in power.

And going on yesterday's by elections your appeal to their traditional voters is outstanding .

Two absurd victories in the grand scheme of things .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 20, 2023, 10:12:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »

And going on yesterday's by elections your appeal to their traditional voters is outstanding .

Who'd have thought it? Labour has to attract voters to the right of Mao to win elections!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 20, 2023, 10:47:41 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Grand quote by the Chair of the Tory party.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1715268734288289833

They lost the by elections because of "legacy issues".

Aye. Like the fact that they've been an utter shit show in power for 13 years, led by an arrogant toff, a faulty bot, a criminal sociopathic liar, a faulty bot with serious psychiatric issues then someone described by COVID advisers as Dr Death.

Get them out for 20 years and let them reflect on what the hell they've done and whether they ever want to be a serious force again.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 20, 2023, 11:13:12 am by tyke1962 »

Who'd have thought it? Labour has to attract voters to the right of Mao to win elections!

Who'd have thought it , the ex student of left wing politics supporting neoliberalism .

Mind you they do say the older you get the more conservative you become .

You prove the point very well Billy

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 20, 2023, 11:18:06 am by SydneyRover »
A bit of self reflection right there tyke

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 20, 2023, 11:25:21 am by drfchound »
A bit of self reflection right there tyke

Gareth Keenan is alive and well.    :that:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 20, 2023, 12:23:31 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Grand quote by the Chair of the Tory party.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1715268734288289833

They lost the by elections because of "legacy issues".

Aye. Like the fact that they've been an utter shit show in power for 13 years, led by an arrogant toff, a faulty bot, a criminal sociopathic liar, a faulty bot with serious psychiatric issues then someone described by COVID advisers as Dr Death.

Get them out for 20 years and let them reflect on what the hell they've done and whether they ever want to be a serious force again.

Genuine Question
Re:-  the words in red am i to conclude that the last Labour Government was NOT "utter $hit in power" ? the language of your post seem to suggest the alternative.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 20, 2023, 12:29:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Who'd have thought it , the ex student of left wing politics supporting neoliberalism .

There's one on my "far left generic insult" bingo card. I wonder how many people who use that term have any idea what it means?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 20, 2023, 04:51:13 pm by BobG »
I despair. I really do....

BobG

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 20, 2023, 05:42:35 pm by tyke1962 »
I despair. I really do....

BobG

You and me both Bob but I suspect for different reasons .

The same old failed system to be rehashed by the Labour Party .

That's the issue for me .

But  Keith's austerity will somehow be different to the Tories .

The fat cats running our railways and their huge salaries and bonuses will somehow magically transform in to acceptable under Labour whilst the RMT members become poorer .

Our other former nationalised industries such as water will also be magically run in the interests of the people rather than shareholders under a Labour government even though the same political system remains in place .

The NHS wont be sold off bit by bit under Labour even though they are accepting donations from Private Healthcare providers .

You might also like to remind yourself Bob that the Labour Party is no longer a broad church due to its no tolerance policy with the left , it's a centre right neoliberal Party now hence the seats gained yesterday .

However don't blame me when the far right go to work over the next few years and capitalises on the discord especially in predominantly low paid areas of the country .

The people punching the air right now with the almost certainty of a Labour government will the first to start sqawking when the far right get going .

I'll be on here to remind them who created the conditions for the far right to become fertile .

You can count on it .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 22, 2023, 10:47:59 am by tyke1962 »

There's one on my "far left generic insult" bingo card. I wonder how many people who use that term have any idea what it means?

My apologies Billy , the Tories didn't really flip to Labour last week , they simply stayed at home instead with the actual Labour vote only increasing very slightly from 2019 .

Still a win is a win .

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 22, 2023, 10:03:58 pm by Dagenham Rover »

My apologies Billy , the Tories didn't really flip to Labour last week , they simply stayed at home instead with the actual Labour vote only increasing very slightly from 2019 .

Still a win is a win .

I  basically agree with that Tyke the tories just stayed at home, as a protest, but they'll be out at the next General Election when the results really matter

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on October 22, 2023, 10:54:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Still a win is a win .

I  basically agree with that Tyke the tories just stayed at home, as a protest, but they'll be out at the next General Election when the results really matter

You might both want that to happen. But that's not what the polls are saying.

They are saying that Labour has consistently gained the support of 12-15% of those who voted Tory in 2019, along with 40% of those who voted LD.

Only about 45% of those who voted Tory last time are currently saying they will definitely vote for them next year. Even if all the 30-35% of those voters who currently register as Don't Know, Won't Vote or Farage supporters all come back to the Tories (plot spoiler: they won't), they'd only have about 33-34% of the total vote. That'd be nowhere near enough for the Tories to win.

The point that Tyke refuses to address is that for Labour to win big next year, they have to attract a decent share of voters who supported the Tories and LDs last time. They are currently doing that consistently.

That's democracy, like it or not. That's what you have to do to win.

Or you could just complain that Labour doesn't give you exactly what you want, and let the Tories have another 5 years.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 29, 2023, 11:26:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
When you read about the utter shites that the Tories put forward as MPs, and the Cabinet so devoid of talent that Grant Shapps is a big hitter, think about this and ask yourself what the living f**k they have been doing this last 13 years.

https://x.com/t0nyyates/status/1718574310992847258?s=20

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 29, 2023, 03:50:00 pm by BobG »
It's missing roads, housing, interest rates and inflation too.....

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on October 29, 2023, 04:29:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And prisons and the legal system as someone says in the replies to that tweet.

The entire public sphere has been left to rot away by this bunch of f**king spivs and chancers. We are back to where we were when the Tories were hoofed out in 1997. It's very easy to forget just how much better public services were by 2010. And now, a Labour govt is going to have to do all that heavy lifting over again.

These incompetent bas**rds should never be allowed near power again.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 29, 2023, 04:36:23 pm by Sprotyrover »

The entire public sphere has been left to rot away by this bunch of f**king spivs and chancers. We are back to where we were when the Tories were hoofed out in 1997. It's very easy to forget just how much better public services were by 2010. And now, a Labour govt is going to have to do all that heavy lifting over again.

An yes I remember it well, Champagne parties, massive all you could eat buffets, first class Train Jollies to London for ‘Events’ , the Massine baskets of fruit at meetings at The mansion house, yes we need all that Bach again!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 29, 2023, 05:02:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

An yes I remember it well, Champagne parties, massive all you could eat buffets, first class Train Jollies to London for ‘Events’ , the Massine baskets of fruit at meetings at The mansion house, yes we need all that Bach again!

I sometimes think we actually don't deserve competent Government in this country. There are so many people, like Sproty here, who are determined to ignore facts and go on gut prejudice when it comes to deciding who to vote for.

So forget the fact that by the late 90s, the rail system was literally falling apart after two decades of lack of investment from the Tories. That under the Labour Govt, that investment had to be found and poured into the system after a spate of horrific crashes. That by 2010 we had a rail system we could begin to trust to be punctual and safe. And that as of now, it's falling apart again, with record levels of cancellations.

Or forget what happened with the NHS

Or schools investment.

Yep. Forget all that. Just make some lame wisecrack and don't engage with facts.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 07, 2023, 12:33:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Well. He's done it today.

Can you imagine the meeting where they decided what was going in the King's Speech.

Sunak: Anything on the economy? Anyone?

Silence.

Sunak: NHS?

Silence.

Sunak: Defence policy in light of the threat from Russia.

Mumbling and looking at feet.

Sunak: f**k it - let's clamp down on rickshaws then.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 07, 2023, 01:42:43 pm by belton rover »
I went to school with Rick Shaw.
He’s not happy with the speech.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 07, 2023, 01:50:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I once worked with a man called Robert Sewell. He didn't have much time for his parents.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 08, 2023, 08:27:32 pm by BobG »
Update from the Covid enquiry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67360460

A quote:

Mr Case, who at the time was permanent secretary at No 10, compared working in the Johnson government to "taming wild animals".

Mr Case added that unnamed advisers to the former prime minister were "basically feral".

"I have the bite marks," Lord Sedwill replied.

In another exchange between the two men, he writes: "Hancock is so far up [Mr Johnson's] arse his ankles are brown."

In further WhatsApp messages shown to the inquiry, Lord Sedwill appears to describe Mr Hancock as "totally incompetent" over his remarks on Dominic Cummings's controversial trip to Barnard Castle in the spring of that year.

He added that the "idiocy" of Mr Hancock's response, as well as then-attorney general Suella Braverman, risked undermining Covid laws,

Nice to know the Conservative Party is in such good hands.

Regards

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 08, 2023, 08:55:00 pm by SydneyRover »
''On 12 October 2021, Hancock announced his appointment as the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa special representative for financial innovation and climate change,[107] an unpaid position advising the Commission on the African economy's recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.[108] Four days later,[109] the United Nations announced on 16 October that the offer had been rescinded''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hancock

Maybe it's time for him to resign from parliament

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 09, 2023, 09:03:07 pm by GazLaz »
I once worked with a man called Robert Sewell. He didn't have much time for his parents.

I had a Richard Sewell in my class at school. You’d have thought the parents would have twigged.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 09, 2023, 09:16:58 pm by TheFunk »
I had a lad called Wayne Kerr in my year at school.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 09, 2023, 09:28:21 pm by GazLaz »
I had a lad called Wayne Kerr in my year at school.

I used to work with a Joe Kerr as well!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012