Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:24:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tom Nixon  (Read 677 times)

rover-n-out, Rover_for_life, ReadingViking, South West Rover and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
Tom Nixon
« on May 13, 2024, 10:52:14 pm by Ryaldinhio »
From what I can find he signed a 1yr deal with Hull June 2023 when he then signed for us on loan.

If he is available on a free I would snap him up. Personally think he is a great player. Definitely an upgrade on Seaman as a back up if nothing else.

For me he would be challenging Sterry for RB. Not sure why he fell out of favour so quickly.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
Re: Tom Nixon
« Reply #1 on Today at 06:30:51 am by Silkscarf »
I agree. Grant seemed to go off him for some reason but from what I’ve seen he’s been a solid player for us. We’ve had some average ones in recent seasons (and that’s being kind).

The cliche view is usually he doesn’t offer enough going forward (all teams need a Kyle Walker now apparently) but he’s not had much chance to show us that side of his game. I liked Maxwell straight away when he joined and he’s developed into an outstanding player.

I trust Grant though so if we upgrade then fair enough.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on Today at 06:36:20 am by roversdude »
Really like Nixon very skilful player, he always looked like he was knackered but kept going

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on Today at 07:14:45 am by philsky »
I agree. Grant seemed to go off him for some reason but from what I’ve seen he’s been a solid player for us. We’ve had some average ones in recent seasons (and that’s being kind).

The cliche view is usually he doesn’t offer enough going forward (all teams need a Kyle Walker now apparently) but he’s not had much chance to show us that side of his game. I liked Maxwell straight away when he joined and he’s developed into an outstanding player.

I like Nixon too and I reckon Grant just fancies Sterry more - rather than him going off Nixon.

A decent back up

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on Today at 07:50:46 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nixon seems to be all energy, but when you think about it, maybe he wastes a bit of that energy by not being as experienced as Sterry, and just lacking a bit of composure at vital times but hopefully that will come in time. Let's face it Kyle Walker used his pace to great effect but has matured into a better all around footballer than just straight up and down. 

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on Today at 07:55:02 am by NickDRFC »

I agree with your point generally but Kyle Walker isn’t a good example to use - he’s not great going forward!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on Today at 08:40:31 am by Colin C No.3 »
Nixon wants to sign, he’s waiting for a sign that the club wants him to sign. I hope he signs.

A more than competent back up for Sterry.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on Today at 08:52:45 am by roversdude »
What’s that based on Colin please

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on Today at 09:55:10 am by wing commander »
  I'm not Sterrys greatest fan tbh, cant fault his commitment and attitude one bit,but for me he gets caught out of position far to much and fails to stop the crosses coming in.I'm not saying he hasn't improved but if we want to put in a title challenge I think we need better.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on Today at 10:20:01 am by Reg of the Rovers »
I agree completely WC - not a Sterry fan at all, poor delivery, poor at getting out to stop crosses, not solid enough in heading the ball / defending crosses in to the box. I'd assumed Nixon wasn't fully fit, as I much prefer him to Sterry and would have him start first every time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012