Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:40:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Turning point?  (Read 2123 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Turning point?
« on December 20, 2014, 04:54:43 pm by Dare to dream! »
Let's hope so! We've already seen how an upturn in form this time of year can change a season, first season back in the champ for example.

We've got a great opportunity now to get wins on the board Cov, Boro, Oldham, Barnsley and Notts are winnable games.

I hope Dickov sticks with 5 in midfield. I keep saying it we've got a quality midfield in this league which is better than most, let's play to our strengths. Keep the extra striker for around 60mins ish if things aren't going our way, that will give us a plan B.

Hopefully we can sign Wabara, Butler and Johnstone till the end of the season. These next few games now will decide how this season will go! Come onnn

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
Re: Turning point?
« Reply #1 on December 20, 2014, 04:56:25 pm by MrWoodySir »
We have these threads every time we win and every time the optimism is completely misguided. A loss on Boxing day is guaranteed unfortunately.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 20, 2014, 04:57:46 pm by PDX_Rover »
Weigh anchor.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 20, 2014, 04:58:07 pm by since-1969 »
No !!!!' Just a good AWAY win its just not good enough to say this has any effect on Paul Dickovs performance over all . We can't keep taking one step forward and two back . RTID

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 20, 2014, 04:58:16 pm by dknward2 »
Unbeaten in 10 away if we could sort out the home form That  would be great

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 20, 2014, 04:58:38 pm by the vicar »
WHAT A WIN

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 20, 2014, 05:00:04 pm by IDM »
We have these threads every time we win and every time the optimism is completely misguided. A loss on Boxing day is guaranteed unfortunately.

Merry christmas to you too!!!

FFS!!  Nowt is ever guaranteed, that's why we keep gping!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 20, 2014, 05:00:36 pm by deebee »
I thought Wabbara was already a rovers player!!!!!!!!!!!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 20, 2014, 05:01:24 pm by hoolahoop »

Don't be daft this is definitely a turning point. What do you want ffs ? An away win against a team currently in 3rd place.

There is a good team now and the balance is good.

GREAT WIN ..........................................RTID

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 20, 2014, 05:02:27 pm by MrWoodySir »

Don't be daft this is definitely a turning point. What do you want ffs ? An away win against a team currently in 3rd place.

So you know this is going to keep up then? FFS, I hate fickle fans.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 20, 2014, 05:03:42 pm by IDM »
It doesn't matter Hoola, we could go on a 10 game winning streak and folks would still predict we will lose the next!

We go into Christmas having beaten one of the best sides in the division on their own patch, with a clean sheet to boot.

I'm happy with that, bring on boxing day!

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 20, 2014, 05:03:56 pm by moses »
We win, we are getting promoted, we lose we are getting relegated and should sack the manager.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 20, 2014, 05:04:30 pm by mushRTID »
How can it definitely be a turning point? It's a great win, with the potential to be a turning point.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 20, 2014, 05:05:48 pm by MrWoodySir »
It doesn't matter Hoola, we could go on a 10 game winning streak and folks would still predict we will lose the next!

We go into Christmas having beaten one of the best sides in the division on their own patch, with a clean sheet to boot.

You just don't get it do you? There's a distinct difference between winning one game and winning ten on the trot. I'm happy for the win but trying to calm the masses.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 20, 2014, 05:07:12 pm by dickos1 »

You just don't get it do you? There's a distinct difference between winning one game and winning ten on the trot. I'm happy for the win but trying to calm the masses.

One game? Look at our last 10 games spadge

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 20, 2014, 05:07:22 pm by vaya »
I thought Wabbara was already a rovers player!!!!!!!!!!!

From memory he is/was on a short-term contract that's due to expire soon, but I'm happy to be corrected if anyone else knows differently.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 20, 2014, 05:09:10 pm by MrWoodySir »

One game? Look at our last 10 games spadge
Read my post again, yet again your misquoting me.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 20, 2014, 05:10:56 pm by IDM »

You don't get it - we won!

Nothing counts towards the next game, and it has no bearing what run we've been on - we only play one at a time and the most important game is always the next one.

No one can predict the next game, which is why we go - we want to see another win but who knows.  But it is good to be able to be positive and optimistic after a win, isn't it?  That's realistic too...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 20, 2014, 05:12:06 pm by dickos1 »
It's not one game though.
Anyhow, it doesn't matter just be happy with this result

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 20, 2014, 05:14:49 pm by hoolahoop »

So you know this is going to keep up then? FFS, I hate fickle fans.

Not fickle fella , it's not me calling for the manager's head or slagging players off.
MrWoodySir you are just an ass or a wind-up merchant and not worth my time. We are just celebrating a good win then some tosser i.e YOU has a dig at folk that's.............FICKLE !! :mad:

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 20, 2014, 05:18:08 pm by acko »
wabbara is a rovers player on contract dont know how long that is short term wasmentioned

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 20, 2014, 05:21:28 pm by Filo »
wabbara is a rovers player on contract dont know how long that is short term wasmentioned

Maybe the bloke in the WMC could tell you, or the bloke that told you my life story ;)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 20, 2014, 05:22:22 pm by glosterred »
I wonder how many turning points you can have in a season, think w e have one after every away win. Only to be back to square one after the next home defeat, or poor display, or both!

COYR

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 20, 2014, 05:22:44 pm by Chris Black come back »

A loss on Boxing Day is not guaranteed.

However, all the evidence strongly indicates there is little if any hope of a win on Boxing Day.

To remind folk (ahem) in nearly 70 league games as our manager, Dickov has only managed to put together consecutive wins on one, single, solitary occasion.

Let's see what happens. Boxing Day could be our lucky day.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:26:03 pm by Chris Black come back »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 20, 2014, 05:40:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Bearing in mind we now have stadium TV, who'll be showing their arse if we win on boxing day? Could be quite funny!

From the Poznan to the Botnam !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012