Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:13:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If the Sheff Utd match is off...  (Read 7127 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: If the Sheff Utd match is off...
« Reply #30 on November 05, 2014, 10:07:36 am by IDM »
No, I don't think there is a game where Marosi would get called up anyway.

I guess the rescheduled JPT fixture will also see Furman and McCullough absent..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 05, 2014, 12:30:28 pm by The Red Baron »
No, I don't think there is a game where Marosi would get called up anyway.

I guess the rescheduled JPT fixture will also see Furman and McCullough absent..
McCullough should be available for the Johnstones game. Northern Ireland only play one game - in Romania on the Friday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 05, 2014, 01:02:00 pm by IDM »
Thanks Red, I didn't realise that.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 05, 2014, 01:12:44 pm by acko »
the confirmation that the sheff unt game goes ahead irrispective of call ups shows that any thought of a promotion this season is not on the agenda evina,mccullough,furman,butler and possible johnstone unavailable shows a real lack of ambition.if sheff unt were in the same position do we beleave they would be happy to play the game

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 05, 2014, 01:15:23 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
the confirmation that the sheff unt game goes ahead irrispective of call ups shows that any thought of a promotion this season is not on the agenda evina,mccullough,furman,butler and possible johnstone unavailable shows a real lack of ambition.if sheff unt were in the same position do we beleave they would be happy to play the game
Fascinating.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 05, 2014, 01:23:17 pm by IDM »

Nothing of the sort...

If it is true that loanees don't count (not saying it s, just speculating) then we'll only have 2 players on international duty so cannot ask for a postponement on those grounds anyway.

No hidden agenda there.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 05, 2014, 01:28:45 pm by RTID75 »

Nothing of the sort...

If it is true that loanees don't count (not saying it s, just speculating) then we'll only have 2 players on international duty so cannot ask for a postponement on those grounds anyway.

No hidden agenda there.

Don't spoil his great story with truths and level headedness! :lol:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 05, 2014, 02:42:45 pm by bobjimwilly »

I think you've shown you hand now acko, and we can all see the axe you carry around with you. Oops.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 05, 2014, 03:00:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What this shows is the stupidity of the rules on international call-ups.

PL and Championship matches are not scheduled for international weeks. For clubs below that level, typically working on paper-thin first team squads, matches should be called off if ANY first team player is called up to an international squad. The three player rule is ridiculous. International players will generally be among the better ones in any club's squad and it is utterly unrealistic to expect a Tier 3 side to be able to replace 1, never mind 2 international quality players.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 05, 2014, 04:37:48 pm by bobjimwilly »
totally agree BST

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 05, 2014, 06:26:06 pm by acko »
no hidden agenda jimbob just telling how i see it,if we have chance to postpone we should( and johnstone is one of our players till january at least )can you imagine what would be said about dickov if he chose to leave these players out of such an important match,and i dont sit on the fence my views all known to anybody what knows me regarding the owners

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 05, 2014, 06:35:43 pm by The Red Baron »
What this shows is the stupidity of the rules on international call-ups.

PL and Championship matches are not scheduled for international weeks. For clubs below that level, typically working on paper-thin first team squads, matches should be called off if ANY first team player is called up to an international squad. The three player rule is ridiculous. International players will generally be among the better ones in any club's squad and it is utterly unrealistic to expect a Tier 3 side to be able to replace 1, never mind 2 international quality players.

I agree. I can't see the difference here between a contracted player and a loan player.

I do remember getting annoyed when Oldham (managed by a certain P. Dickov) called off a game at the Keepmoat a couple of years ago. Furman was called up by SA and two youngsters (who were not part of the first team squad) were called up for an age-group side. So if (say) the McKays were called up for Scotland's under-18s next weekend we could call the game off. Yet we can't if our first-choice keeper is called up because he's on loan. Madness!

I had a look on the FL site by the way but couldn't find the relevant regulation.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 05, 2014, 06:46:33 pm by acko »
the loan deal means he is a rovers player till january cant be recalled so hes here  if you check the original chesterfield v swindon game called off because swindon had 3 players on international duty including a loanee

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 05, 2014, 07:47:10 pm by drfc1951 »
How come Notts County have to play Coventry,they have 3 players called up, but one is a player on loan?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 05, 2014, 08:52:02 pm by acko »
to put this to bed,depends on the terms of a loanee notts county loanee does not qualify due to the terms of his loan agreement suspect youth loan dont know as i dont know sams loan agreement but i do know hes tied to rovers till january

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 05, 2014, 09:02:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
to put this to bed,depends on the terms of a loanee notts county loanee does not qualify due to the terms of his loan agreement suspect youth loan dont know as i dont know sams loan agreement but i do know hes tied to rovers till january

that doesn't put anything to bed

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 05, 2014, 11:03:27 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Putting things to bed is fun.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 05, 2014, 11:10:38 pm by Muttley »
just a thought but furman and mccullough get injured saturday and have to pull out of international sqads but both sam and marosi are called up do we have to play wihout goalkeeper

In that scenario, the rules allow you to play with a rush goalie.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012