Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:47:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today’s games  (Read 7238 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: Today’s games
« Reply #60 on April 22, 2019, 05:22:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
Huge game tomorrow for BOTH clubs, Accrington Stanley will be battling for their lives & will for sure play to take at least a point, knowing we could do with all 3. Coleman is a wily old dog & this will be a difficult night. But, in my opinion, with the supporters behind the players we can virtually put this to bed if we win tomorrow. Bring it on!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on April 22, 2019, 05:25:20 pm by tyke1962 »
Sunderland v Pompey next saturday at the SOL just to add to the drama .

Nailed on draw in my opinion .

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 22, 2019, 05:26:05 pm by Dutch Uncle »
If we get 3 points tomorrow we’ve bettered p’boro’s points total by 1 point over this weekends games. Job done again for another weekend if we win tomorrow

Tomorrow's game is absolutely crucial - both Oxford and Coventry are on great runs and full of confidence, and with nothing to lose.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on April 22, 2019, 05:28:18 pm by dickos1 »
Woops, no Fergie bottle job today then.

He has got two points from six at crucial stage of season and now has two away games on trot - including going to Portsmouth who have won 10 of their last 11. He has bottled this weekend.

This weekend they’ve drawn with two sides who have both taken 6 points off us this season.
Bottled it 😂😂🤷🏼‍♂️

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 22, 2019, 05:30:53 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Because they haven’t caught us. If he had won both games they would have passed us. He hasn’t and again - Peterborough will not finish ahead of us this season.

To bottle something you’ve got to be on the verge of doing something. Like we were with the League Two title. Drawing at home to a side who beat us 3 days ago when we here unlikely to make the playoffs as it is isn’t bottling anything.

Kinda like Leeds might be doing. Come on you Bees!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 22, 2019, 05:40:03 pm by pib »
Woops, no Fergie bottle job today then.

He has got two points from six at crucial stage of season and now has two away games on trot - including going to Portsmouth who have won 10 of their last 11. He has bottled this weekend.

This weekend they’ve drawn with two sides who have both taken 6 points off us this season.
Bottled it 😂😂🤷🏼‍♂️

Bloody hell you don’t have love sticking up for their manager.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 22, 2019, 05:53:36 pm by dickos1 »
Not really,
Just your mans obsession with blaming everything on Ferguson is amazing

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 22, 2019, 05:57:54 pm by pib »
Nothing to get upset about is it? The man is a former employee of DRFC and will never be involved in our club again.

Onwards and upwards.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 22, 2019, 06:02:08 pm by dickos1 »
I never bring him up,
But to suggest a side has bottled it by drawing with Sunderland obviously deserves a reply

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 22, 2019, 06:03:24 pm by Metalmicky »
1:0 to Brentford

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 22, 2019, 06:04:42 pm by andyst79 »
Really need to put a marker down tomorrow , go out and get the job done early

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 22, 2019, 06:06:42 pm by Dare to dream! »
Accrington aren’t bad away, let’s just get that win

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 22, 2019, 06:23:20 pm by Campsall rover »
Absolutely gutted when that Peterborough equaliser was scored.
What a difference that 1 point could possibly be.
Went to Harrogate Town and spent 80 of the 97 mins on the BBC Sport website on the phone. May as well have stayed at home and watched Jeff Sterling.
Anyway what little i saw of the match was enjoyable and Town we’re back to their best 2nd half. A solid 2-0 win which quaranteed a play off birth in their 1st ever season in the 5th tier.
Well done to them, anything more will be a massive bonus and well beyond where realistically they should have achieved this season.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:03:35 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on April 22, 2019, 06:29:13 pm by Campsall rover »
Accrington is a must win game if ever there was one.
Can’t see Walsall getting anything against Posh next Saturday and the way Oxford are playing and our poor away form.
What we will need is for Portsmouth to beat Posh a week on Tuesday and we will hopefully be over the line on GD if not points before we play Coventry.
Come on the Rovers.
Barnsley in the play offs is now looking a real possibility.  :thumbsup:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 22, 2019, 06:34:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
I never bring him up,
But to suggest a side has bottled it by drawing with Sunderland obviously deserves a reply

1. He was raised by someone else.
2. I said two from six - nothing about a draw against Sunderland.
3. Support your club! (if that is Rovers?)

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on April 22, 2019, 06:55:50 pm by Rovers91 »
Win tomorrow and we have done it because Peterborough will lose at least one or their games and that's without us picking up any points against oxford or Coventry. We have a better goal difference which is like an extra point so play offs it is.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 22, 2019, 06:59:06 pm by NickDRFC »
I never bring him up,

I think in the past Dickos’ unwavering support was too much, but you clearly have a very intense dislike of Ferguson and a very intense liking for arguing with Dickos.

Not sure what the “support your club” comment is all about - there have been hundreds of posts on here today about other clubs. Including a couple by you recently about Leeds United.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 22, 2019, 07:02:09 pm by besty »
We never do it easy do We,I fully expect us to fook it up tmoz and it goes to last game,hope I'm wrong

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 22, 2019, 07:15:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
We never do it easy do We,I fully expect us to fook it up tmoz and it goes to last game,hope I'm wrong

Shush!  :police:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 22, 2019, 07:25:01 pm by steve@dcfd »
Win tomorrow puts Coventry out of the equation and Peterborough must at least win 2 and draw the other. Unless there is a turnaround in goal difference it will be at least 9 if we win tomorrow.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 22, 2019, 07:36:18 pm by les@donr »
The Dingles deserve 2nd place, hope they go up. We have a 100% record in play-offs, hope we get Sunderland, and see them bottle the play-offs, like they did the FL Trophy final.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 22, 2019, 07:36:34 pm by NewDonny »
Never under estimate a John Coleman side up against it - Settle things down in the first half, take the sting out the game and kill them off in the second half, job done move onto Saturday.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on April 22, 2019, 07:57:50 pm by dickos1 »
I never bring him up,

You said they’ve bottled this weekend I’m afraid.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 22, 2019, 08:04:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
Yes - this weekend, not just Sunderland, which was your (erroneous) premise. I said two from six this weekend was their problem. Pay attention at the back Mr Dickos!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on April 22, 2019, 08:12:27 pm by dickos1 »
Aye
So you suggested they’ve bottled this weekend. Because they could only draw with fleetwood away and Sunderland at home.
Just have a think about that,
Our cumulative record against those sides this season is 10 goals against and 0 goals for.
But they’ve bottled it by drawing, give your head a wobble.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 22, 2019, 08:23:38 pm by pib »
Doesn’t really matter what we did against those sides. Irrelevant really. We’ve obviously picked up more points against other sides (including 4 off Peterborough)

They had two games that you could say were “must-win” and they didn’t win either, so when you look at it like that....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on April 22, 2019, 08:32:28 pm by drfchound »
Doesn’t really matter what we did against those sides. Irrelevant really. We’ve obviously picked up more points against other sides (including 4 off Peterborough)

They had two games that you could say were “must-win” and they didn’t win either, so when you look at it like that....

Yep, it is a league.
It doesn’t matter what individual teams do against each other, it is about who picks up the most points.
Right now we are effectively four points better off than Peterbro as our goal difference is worth an extra point.
A win tomorrow puts us effectively seven points better off.

Ferguson has averaged 1.3 points per game with them this season whereas Fatty managed just better than 1.6 before he was sacked.
Maybe they made a mistake sacking him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on April 22, 2019, 08:36:56 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure they were both must win for them I was hoping they’d struggle with the three games they’ve just had, which looked tough on paper but they’ve got 5 points from the 3 of them, hopefully not enough.
If we f**k up tomorrow I can’t see us winning at Oxford and they could be Level with us on sat night with a game in hand.
And we don’t want to have to get something against Coventry so tomorrow is probably our biggest game of the season now.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on April 22, 2019, 08:39:28 pm by RoversAlias »
Think if we make 6th now, I'd like Portsmouth to come 3rd.

I don't mind who we might meet at Wembley as, in a one-off game on the big day, anything can happen. But I fancy our chances over two legs against Pompey, we have a good record against them and we can handle the way they play. Sunderland concern me after the two games with them this season, especially a second leg at the Stadium of Light with that expectant crowd, and Barnsley look in fine fettle at the moment.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on April 22, 2019, 09:10:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Win tomorrow and we have done it because Peterborough will lose at least one or their games and that's without us picking up any points against oxford or Coventry. We have a better goal difference which is like an extra point so play offs it is.
How do you know Peterborough will lose at least one of their remaining games.
Sorry you can’t say that as Football does not work in that way. In the 57 years since i saw my first match i have seen too many games not go to script. Peterborough could win their last 3 games. FACT
Whether they will is another matter and i don’t think they will win at Pompey but they could.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:55:10 am by Campsall rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012