Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:20:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whiteman to Preston ?  (Read 41770 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Whiteman to Preston ?
« Reply #240 on January 11, 2021, 10:30:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
I think Ben’s mind has been COVID-addled.

The most obvious solution is for him to buckle down and captain us to the end of the season and then if he wants to go, he can go with our blessing.
There is no official information from the club that says he won’t stay with us it’s all rumour and information from some source.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #241 on January 11, 2021, 10:40:24 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe want to stay a little bit longer with a chance to play against West ham and then maybe Liverpool or man u

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on January 11, 2021, 10:44:53 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Derby and Forest also seem to be in the race to sign him now too.

See Barnsley want to sell Mowatt for £1.2 million but his contract up at end of the season..

Most overrated player going

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on January 11, 2021, 10:45:13 pm by normal rules »
Shop window and all that....

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on January 11, 2021, 11:05:47 pm by redandwhitearmy »

See Barnsley want to sell Mowatt for £1.2 million but his contract up at end of the season..

Disagree.
I think Barnsley have been very lucky to have him for so long and if wasn’t local he would’ve left a long time ago.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #245 on January 12, 2021, 01:45:12 am by silent majority »
I think Ben’s mind has been COVID-addled.

The most obvious solution is for him to buckle down and captain us to the end of the season and then if he wants to go, he can go with our blessing.
There is no official information from the club that says he won’t stay with us it’s all rumour and information from some source.

I don’t do rumours.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on January 12, 2021, 03:12:48 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
So people are bound to ask S_M, are you the source?

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on January 12, 2021, 05:55:02 am by DINGLE »

You’re clubs wanting nearly two million for a player that’s never played in the championship, and it’s Mowatt that’s over rated yeah alright.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on January 12, 2021, 08:10:49 am by Metalmicky »

You’re clubs wanting nearly two million for a player that’s never played in the championship, and it’s Mowatt that’s over rated yeah alright.

Your

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on January 12, 2021, 09:01:05 am by silent majority »
So people are bound to ask S_M, are you the source?

I'm not the source, whatever that means, but I did report on this forum the state of play. As I said, I don't do rumours, and this is certainly not a rumour. Ben has had his head turned by the bids that have come in, but currently those bids don't meet our valuation, nor have they reached a level the club would deem acceptable. That may well change, but for now he's still with us.

I don't see the QPR bid as a serious bid as Ben has no desire to go south, his key focus currently will be to move closer to home.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on January 12, 2021, 09:05:39 am by Alan Southstand »
He’s got 2.5 years to think about where he wants to go, then!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on January 12, 2021, 09:13:23 am by steve@dcfd »
Reading that story the information has come from a recruitment source. Also Preston want BW because they could lose two midfielders. If they don’t then what. Again another story with no official backing from the club apart from what the manager said that Ben missed Blackburn game for Covid reasons.

So until we hear officially then Bens our player and May it continue.

By the way SM where have I mentioned you ?
The source was mentioned in Liam Hoden article and this article.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on January 12, 2021, 09:15:50 am by silent majority »
He’s got 2.5 years to think about where he wants to go, then!

That's just blind optimism.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on January 12, 2021, 09:18:45 am by silent majority »
Reading that story the information has come from a recruitment source. Also Preston want BW because they could lose two midfielders. If they don’t then what. Again another story with no official backing from the club apart from what the manager said that Ben missed Blackburn game for Covid reasons.

So until we hear officially then Bens our player and May it continue.

By the way SM where have I mentioned you ?
The source was mentioned in Liam Hoden article and this article.

I didn't say you had mentioned me, but I did report on Saturday that the Preston bids were serious and that Ben was listening to them. Its exactly the same as Liam reported, I just didn't use the word 'source' as that seemed irrelevant to me. After all, if I'd got this information from someone not connected to the club I wouldn't have reported it at all.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on January 12, 2021, 09:24:58 am by steve@dcfd »
What I don’t understand after DM had said Ben was not ready because of Covid issues. Why some one from club would let it be known he’d had his head turned. Why go against what the manager had said.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on January 12, 2021, 09:31:51 am by Filo »
There’s no doubt in my mind he’s going this month, which in that case he shouldn’t play for us again. The club should be playing hardball over this not only on price, but other things as well, such as the deferred wages owed to him, the buying club should be taking those over, and the sell on clause should be equal or greater than the Sheff Utd clause. If they want him that badly they’ll pay. Whiteman could also put in a transfer request if he wanted to go that badly, but he’s unlikely to as that will impact any loyalty bonus due to him

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on January 12, 2021, 09:40:00 am by wing commander »
    I'm always surprised at the amount of stick our board get at times like these.They have been put in a pretty tough position and whatever happens from here they are in a no win situation.There has been some pretty madness valuations especially on twitter ranging from 3 to 10 million as a minimum we can accept and that's just not happening in times like these.

Its very easy for fans to say he's got 2.5 years left on his contract and we should turn everything down and go for promotion. However it's pretty obvious to everybody that Ben wants the move and it could lead to a unhappy player that leads to unrest in the camp and division.The last thing we want.

People are also stamping their feet and using Posh and Toney as a example of how we should be proceeding but that's chalk and cheese. Everyman and his dog were wanting Toney and Posh could just sit back and watch them bid against each other. No matter how good we think he is isn't attracting close to that attention,there is no bidding war. They also forget that Maddison who they had multiple offers for at various times in his time with them ended up leaving on a free.

I've hardly seen a word of criticism of Ben himself but i for one am not happy with how he is going about this. Ben wants to play championship football desperately but he doesn't want to go far from his home limiting his options. I've no doubt his agent has probably been letting the right people know exactly that. Preston is obviously right where he wants to be and ticks all his boxes. Problem is they have put in a low ball offer compared to his worth. Ben and his agent should be looking at them and themselves if they want this to happen.

Preston should increase there offer (it wouldn't take much) and Ben should put in a transfer request and waive his rights to any fee's direct to him.Maybe then a agreement can be reached that suits everybody. It shouldn't just be down to us to accept a poor offer just because it suits him. He cant expect us to roll over and have our tummy's tickled.

Reality is I think it will happen at some point and good luck to the lad. He has earned his crack at it.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on January 12, 2021, 09:43:54 am by idler »
Does anyone know for certain that it is a source at the cub though.
In the 60s my brother-in-law had a mate working at the Yorkshire Post in Leeds. He told him that on a low news day they could more or less pluck a story out of thin air and just quote “a source said” and that would give it an air of credibility. They could always decline to say who the source was so nobody was the wiser.
Sometimes journalist are just as likely to have 2+2=5 as fans.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on January 12, 2021, 10:33:38 am by silent majority »
In the 60s my brother-in-law had a mate working at the Yorkshire Post in Leeds. He told him that on a low news day they could more or less pluck a story out of thin air and just quote “a source said” and that would give it an air of credibility. They could always decline to say who the source was so nobody was the wiser.

I can assure you my source is definitely in the club. I wouldn't have posted it otherwise idler.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #260 on January 12, 2021, 11:24:40 am by DearneValleyRover »
What I don’t understand after DM had said Ben was not ready because of Covid issues. Why some one from club would let it be known he’d had his head turned. Why go against what the manager had said.

How do you know it was someone at the club? The statement said source, it could have been a member of his family or someone connected to his agent.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #261 on January 12, 2021, 11:43:34 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
    I'm always surprised at the amount of stick our board get at times like these.They have been put in a pretty tough position and whatever happens from here they are in a no win situation.There has been some pretty madness valuations especially on twitter ranging from 3 to 10 million as a minimum we can accept and that's just not happening in times like these.

Its very easy for fans to say he's got 2.5 years left on his contract and we should turn everything down and go for promotion. However it's pretty obvious to everybody that Ben wants the move and it could lead to a unhappy player that leads to unrest in the camp and division.The last thing we want.

People are also stamping their feet and using Posh and Toney as a example of how we should be proceeding but that's chalk and cheese. Everyman and his dog were wanting Toney and Posh could just sit back and watch them bid against each other. No matter how good we think he is isn't attracting close to that attention,there is no bidding war. They also forget that Maddison who they had multiple offers for at various times in his time with them ended up leaving on a free.

I've hardly seen a word of criticism of Ben himself but i for one am not happy with how he is going about this. Ben wants to play championship football desperately but he doesn't want to go far from his home limiting his options. I've no doubt his agent has probably been letting the right people know exactly that. Preston is obviously right where he wants to be and ticks all his boxes. Problem is they have put in a low ball offer compared to his worth. Ben and his agent should be looking at them and themselves if they want this to happen.

Preston should increase there offer (it wouldn't take much) and Ben should put in a transfer request and waive his rights to any fee's direct to him.Maybe then a agreement can be reached that suits everybody. It shouldn't just be down to us to accept a poor offer just because it suits him. He cant expect us to roll over and have our tummy's tickled.

Reality is I think it will happen at some point and good luck to the lad. He has earned his crack at it.

Pretty much agree with all that. I would imagine though it's his agent and Preston that are determining the tactics to engineer the move.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ben has had a man to man with DM, who will have given him the benefit of experience and told him to take the weekend to get his head straight but also remind him of his contractual obligations and desire to get this sorted quickly.

As you say, if Preston want him bad enough they will be back. The ball is strickly in their court. DRFC don't have to move from their stance and cannot be led a merry dance when there's other important matters to attend to.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:47:41 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #262 on January 12, 2021, 11:46:12 am by steve@dcfd »

How do you know it was someone at the club? The statement said source, it could have been a member of his family or someone connected to his agent.
Don’t want to start an argument but Martin(SM) has said he had his head turned and the information came from someone at the club. The Liam Hoden story could have been a different source.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on January 12, 2021, 12:15:44 pm by Metalmicky »

Or it could be entirely made up....?  :blink:

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on January 12, 2021, 12:17:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Don’t want to start an argument but Martin(SM) has said he had his head turned and the information came from someone at the club. The Liam Hoden story could have been a different source.

The Holden one is the one I’m referring to, I know SM would only use an official club source.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #265 on January 12, 2021, 12:18:54 pm by roversdude »
I’ll be disappointed to see Ben move but that’s football, my only concern is that it drags on and subsequently doesn’t give us time to recruit

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on January 12, 2021, 12:19:24 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Or it could be entirely made up....?  :blink:

Given that SM has confirmed it, it’s obviously not made up

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #267 on January 12, 2021, 12:21:53 pm by idler »

I can assure you my source is definitely in the club. I wouldn't have posted it otherwise idler.

Sorry Martin,I must have missed that. It’s a bit disappointing that someone at the club has put it in the public domain increasing speculation.
He has been a very good player for us and if he moves then we just have to accept it and hope that we can maximise any fee received.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on January 12, 2021, 12:26:34 pm by selby »
  His agent will be the one playing silly buggers for his own greedy advantage, meanwhile four pages of wet dream posts are on the Nottingham Forest forum just thinking of the reports down there that they are in for him, and the PNE fans are expecting to be out maneuvered.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on January 12, 2021, 12:31:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I’ll be disappointed to see Ben move but that’s football, my only concern is that it drags on and subsequently doesn’t give us time to recruit

I'm sure we all concur with that one, although the club did firmly reject Barnsley's multiple bids in the summer and said he wouldn't be leaving without sufficient time to recruit. I would imagine/hope the same would apply this time round. Ben has to understand that too and shouldn't see it that we're holding him back, with Preston bearing that responsibility.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012