Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:35:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 20th birthday issue of the fanzine, on sale at Gillingham  (Read 1949 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Yep, issue 93 marks twenty years of popular STAND fanzine, and it'll be on sale outside the ground before the game against AFC Wimbledon at the same price it's always been; £1.

As well as the usual considered content we've also got 12 pages dedicated to things 20 years ago; including an interview with Adie Mike, a catch-up with David Esdaille, a look back at an infamous nine-goal thriller and a piece from one of the founding editors on setting up the 'zine.

Here's a bit more on what else you can find in it, and where to buy it

I reckon it's one of our best ever issues, so hope you enjoy it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:08:08 pm by VivaRovers »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: 20th birthday issue of the fanzine, on sale Easter Monday
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2018, 09:03:51 am by Donnywolf »
I will look forward to the 9 goal thriller article

I was "panned" at Half Time for suggesting at 1-3 down that if we got at them we could still win

I remember one of my mates laughing and the other looking directly at me before saying " ... and EXACTLY what Planet did you come down from for this Game"

Incredible to be right ! I will gladly pay double for just that article !

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2018, 01:33:14 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I have been fortunate to have an early sight of this, and it truly is a great issue. As ever Glen sets the tone with a brilliant editorial.

To anyone hesitating I say go out and look for this issue and buy it (and also help local charities)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 02:03:50 pm by Dutch Uncle »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2018, 07:27:08 pm by roversdude »
Excellent read (as always) thanks Glen

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2018, 08:04:43 pm by craigdrfc »
Ive enjoyed this publication from Day 1, recommend everyone buys a copy not just this month but every month!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2018, 11:25:19 pm by knockers »
I hope all my fantasy spotted have a page of their own😁

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 01, 2018, 04:18:47 pm by VivaRovers »
I hope all my fantasy spotted have a page of their own😁

Thankfully, as you’ve got a subscription I don’t need to humour you by saying yes.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 02, 2018, 11:56:31 am by glosterred »
So when will the “not a programme” be on sale now?

COYR

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 02, 2018, 11:56:54 am by VivaRovers »
With today’s match postponed this will now be on sale at Gillingham on Saturday, but I’m afraid it doesn’t look likely that we’ll be able to sell it at an alternate home game.

If that’s the case, trust me, that will annoy me more than it will annoy you.

Will look to sort a way to do orders by post if people can’t get to Gillingham.

Very sorry about this.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 02, 2018, 12:05:13 pm by RoversAlias »
Not your fault a referee deemed a bit of drizzle worthy of calling it off, Glen. Had no luck whatsoever with home games lately.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
ISSUE 93 UPDATE
Following rearrangement of the last four #DRFC home games, this issue will frustratingly now not be sold at the Keepmoat.

It will be on sale at the away end at Gillingham on Saturday 7 April.

Or if you're not heading to Gillingham you can order a copy to be posted out to you via the link below

Order a fanzine.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Cant you do the usual and appeal for Sellers (trusted of course) who can sell for you at the next couple of Home Games and forward you the money ?

Sure there would be 4 / 6 such on here ?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
The issue isn’t finding people to sell the issue DW, it’s getting the fanzines to Doncaster (I live in London) and balancing doing this, and the admin and cost of it, against my other commitments.

This is the most suitable solution I can find. Apologies if it’s inconvenient to others, but I’ve already had more than enough stress attempting to get this issue done and on sale.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
The issue isn’t finding people to sell the issue DW, it’s getting the fanzines to Doncaster (I live in London) and balancing doing this, and the admin and cost of it, against my other commitments.

This is the most suitable solution I can find. Apologies if it’s inconvenient to others, but I’ve already had more than enough stress attempting to get this issue done and on sale.

Glyn, is it feasible to pass the fanzines to Paul or Len at Gillingham for them to be sold at the next Rovers home game ? I'm sure they would be happy to take them back to Donny on the coach home ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 05:45:38 pm by RedRover45 »

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
No, as that means lugging all 300 on the train to Gillingham, which - having lugged them all north for no reason today - I don’t want to do again.

I appreciate the suggestions, but for me and my current circumstances, the solution posted above is the most suitable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012