Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 11:38:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Would love to see tomorrow.  (Read 2817 times)

smitiai

• Forum Member
Would love to see tomorrow.
« on November 08, 2010, 01:16:02 pm by smitiai »
Nothing against Hayter at all but would love to see Brooker and Healy Start tomorrow.!

Thought Brooker looked hungry for it when he came on as Sub on Saturday.

My thinking is, both fresh and willing they will run riot at the Burnley.

This would be my team tomorrow night

Sulli
Dum, Thomas, Joc, Mills
Copps, Oster, stock, Sheils
Healy, Brooker

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scuzzer

• VSC Member
Re:Would love to see tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on November 08, 2010, 01:21:07 pm by scuzzer »
I'd just love to see us run them ragged so they could see what they did by taking their 'first choice' manager Brian Laws!

Don't care who plays as long as we play them off the park and give SoD a rousing reception!

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 08, 2010, 01:33:25 pm by Boyhood dreams »
smitiai wrote:
Nothing against Hayter at all but would love to see Brooker and Healy Start tomorrow.!

Thought Brooker looked hungry for it when he came on as Sub on Saturday.

This would be my team tomorrow night

Sulli
Dum, Thomas, Joc, Mills
Copps, Oster, stock, Sheils
Healy, Brooker

Botn not fully fit though.

smitiai

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 08, 2010, 01:36:18 pm by smitiai »
Good point.

They both should be fresh and willing for the first 20 minutes where they will get a couple of goals.!. then bring Hayter on..

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 08, 2010, 05:23:22 pm by CJK »
I think Hayter is being overlooked by a lot of people, he's grabbing goals and his workrate off the ball is just awesome - lets not forget him.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 08, 2010, 06:49:02 pm by Shawndrfc »
i think that hayter is a work horse and when he is not in the team you can see the difference,and brooker does need some game time but it is hard to give him time when hayter is a strong player and healy looked impressive.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 08, 2010, 07:07:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
And he's SOD's love child !

Exciting to have options up front though !!

I was dribbling at the thought of Sharp and Brooker and perhaps forgot about the more subtle but lethal combination of Hayter and Healy.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 08, 2010, 07:23:06 pm by RoversAlias »
Hayter is vital to our side, he works so damn hard and I thought he and Healy looked good together up front on Saturday. Talk of dropping him for a less than fully fit Brooker, or anyone for that matter, is silly.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 08, 2010, 07:35:34 pm by timdrfc »
I continue to be amazed by how many people  who come on here & overlook James  Hayter as a valuble link in our play. Geez what has the man to do ?

Calling for Brooker to play in front of Hayter after what 21 months with us & what two games , then not even contiuaslly. Brooker has to fight his way into our starting eleven after being out injured for so long.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 08, 2010, 07:36:10 pm by besty »
Cant say as Im concerned about our attacking players as we dont seem to have a problem scoring this year.

Im more worried about defending, especially if that Iweluemo bloke is playing!!

VikingJames

« Reply #10 on November 08, 2010, 07:58:14 pm by VikingJames »
I think we'd be stupid to overlook Hayter, and I think it'd be unfair on him to leave him out as well. He's having a great season (as he did last year) and has actually scored at a rate of 1 in every 2 starts this season. All headed goals too.

Also, don't see peoples problem with Martis at the back. Yes he had a dodgy spell at the beginning of the season, but he was solid on Saturday along side Thomas and has been playing well for a while. Plus, I don't see how constantly altering the back four will help - it'll only disrupt it if you ask me. Especially as the back 4 on Saturday did pretty well after it had been reshuffled AGAIN! On a similar note; I wouldn't let Dumbuya anywhere near a defensive role when we've got all the others fit, particularly away from home.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 09, 2010, 08:18:08 am by Alan Southstand »
Where Martis is concerned, its worth mentioning that he got through a tough 90 odd minutes on Saturday, as well, without getting himself injured.

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 09, 2010, 08:30:18 am by fudgepacker »
Alan Southstand wrote:
Where Martis is concerned, its worth mentioning that he got through a tough 90 odd minutes on Saturday, as well, without getting himself injured.

He might have been deaf until Monday morning after the rollockings he got from Thomas!!!

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 09, 2010, 05:03:35 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Hayter - should be one of the first names on the team sheet if fit.

Brooker - First has to get match fit and sharp.  If Billy comes back early and we keep Healy, it might be worth loaning him out for a month to do this.  Then he can compete for his place.  It wouldn't surprise me if he made it either!

Defensively, Burnley rested Iwulemo on Saturday for Paterson, who promptly got a brace.  Paterson is pacey while Iwulemo is strong.  Thomas and Martis will handle Iwulemo but we'll need JOC in the middle if it's Paterson.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 09, 2010, 05:15:14 pm by FuzzyDuck »
In fact,when you look at our defence, with Millsy doubtful and Chambers out, JOC will have to go LB with Muzzy at RB.  That leaves us without pace in the middle so Paterson would be the right option.

In this case, Eagles is likely to get after Muzzy.

Could be a long night in defence or am I just being pessimistic?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 09, 2010, 07:18:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yep !

So many of these so called 'fancied' teams have let me down.

We go out there and expect getting a rough ride, only to outplay these teams for long periods. Rare has it been the other way round.

However, we are quite good at self-destructing conceeding 'soft' goals or, being the victim of poor/weak refereeing.

The good thing I suppose is we are unpredictable. We must be difficult for managers to prepare for.

Expect the unexpected.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 09, 2010, 07:20:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yep !

So many of these so called 'fancied' teams have let me down.

We go out there and expect getting a rough ride, only to outplay these teams for long periods. Rare has it been the other way round.

However, we are quite good at self-destructing conceeding 'soft' goals or, being the victim of poor/weak refereeing.

The good thing I suppose is we are unpredictable. We must be difficult for managers to prepare for.

Expect the unexpected.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 10, 2010, 08:07:28 am by FuzzyDuck »
Yeah -me of little faith!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012