Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:14:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Booing  (Read 3058 times)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
Booing
« on July 22, 2023, 05:47:04 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Didn't get to today's game but reading on here there was booing from the Donny fans that did go?

Very dissapointing that. If any of you are on here give your head a shake you k**b heads.

GM has come in and had a few weeks with the lads and new players still gelling etc. First time in a long time we have had some positive vibes around the club and idiots are doing this? I hope some of the other fans around them had a word. I've got tickets for PV game next weekend and if I hear anyone booing I will be saying summat.

Absolutely shocking, should be ashamed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thorney

• Forum Member
Re: Booing
« Reply #1 on July 22, 2023, 06:22:02 pm by Thorney »
It will be the same idiots that would see us in 1st place on a 10 match win streak and then still boo if we then lose one.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 22, 2023, 06:24:26 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Donny's brightest out in force today then? That starting line up is and will be our B team. Not sure what people expect, new manager with about 4 weeks with them and a load of new signings.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 22, 2023, 06:27:19 pm by roversdude »
Yep unfortunately there were some, despite us starting with what is probably our subs .
The game lacked quality and wasn’t helped by an over zealous referee

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 22, 2023, 07:22:49 pm by RoversInSpain »
Which bit of ‘two and a half years of rubbish will take time to turn around’ don’t these strange booing people not get.

Patience dear kn*bheads, patience.

For those that did boo…. Go and look at your dismal lives and boo your  own unsuccessfulness.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 22, 2023, 07:46:57 pm by roversdude »
Wow the honeymoon didn’t last long  - can imagine people like Michael cringing all summer with the optimism waiting for the moment they can bemoan the team. Think he’s gone a little too early though

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 22, 2023, 08:04:32 pm by redwine »
Premature elation, I have heard its a problem from which some men suffer.
 :lol:

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 22, 2023, 09:04:04 pm by Danmckay456 »
Probably the virgins who have drank too many wkd blues

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 22, 2023, 11:37:32 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Sad bairns who need a good slap.

Nothing better to do than to turn up in a mob, get their mates to buy them drinks in case their teenage spots give their underage away, 3 cans of Strongbow later they’re suddenly ‘men’.

Seen them, been surrounded & been fallen into by them. Would like to think I held my drink & dignity better at that age, otherwise take a clout on the ear by someone older as a given & ‘take it’ as such.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2023, 02:09:35 pm by coventryrover »
Some people just suck out all the joy of watching matches

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2023, 07:48:10 pm by GazLaz »
Some ageism going on on this thread!

McCammon egg n chips

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 24, 2023, 10:30:15 am by McCammon egg n chips »
Obviously booing a pre-season game is completely ridiculous, let alone one you haven't even lost. Not something I'd ever entertain.

But to me this is just an overhang of the past couple of seasons. The taboo of booing your own team was broken a long time ago. By the end of the season it was par for the course of much of the fanbase. Like it or not booing has been normalised.

It will take a quite a few good results to get back to sanity.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 24, 2023, 11:42:59 am by roversdude »
Absolutely ridiculous reaction (booing) the team are still gelling. It was a horrible game of football not helped by conditions or referee. Think the only things they can take from it are no apparent injuries and the kit dries pretty quickly

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 24, 2023, 06:09:37 pm by whisky »
It was only 3 or 4 that were booing but they were loud enough to make themselves heard. Lawlor looked around at the final whistle and he didn't look pleased with it.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 24, 2023, 06:52:52 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I can just see it now. 20 minutes into the Harrogate game after we give the ball away twice in quick succession. The crèche begin to boo and start chanting how shit we are. Every club has idiots but we seem to have thicker ones.

We really don't need fans being like this and especially so soon. I got it last season after months of garbage but I hope it doesn't start from game one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012