Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:18:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Excellent Performance  (Read 2269 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Excellent Performance
« on July 25, 2023, 09:20:43 pm by Filo »
The result is a bonus, two midfielders that ate mobile and like a tackle, Bannon never got a kick, two fullbacks that did their job well, Ironside looks a pest, Taylor looks sharp, Roberts looks exiciting

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

philsky

• Forum Member
Re: Excellent Performance
« Reply #1 on July 25, 2023, 09:28:28 pm by philsky »
Very encouraging

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 25, 2023, 09:29:14 pm by Branton Rover »
Jon Taylor played like a man possessed he was sensational for the hour he was on & as for Molyneux he played like a proper player because finally we’ve got a manager who knows how to play him.

Having Ironside as a focal point target man makes a big difference he never gave the defenders a chance to settle he was at them for the 90.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 25, 2023, 09:30:29 pm by Filo »
And that was a strong Wednesday line up

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 25, 2023, 09:37:57 pm by mushRTID »
Seeing Grant berate the fourth official again alone feels like we’re a proper team again. Bit weird I know but it all just feels so much more proper!

Ironside will be some player when it clicks with those around him.

Bailey was class, loves a tackle.

Broadbent I’m not sure on yet, not sure I saw anything that Biggins won’t bring.

Full backs class.

Ref absolutely shite.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 09:41:30 pm by mushRTID »

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 25, 2023, 09:40:58 pm by StocksArmy »
Just don't know how you go from York and Scunthorpe to that in a matter of days. Thought other than the goal the game was void of any real quality but the fitness of the players stood out for me. Nixon, Senior, Bailey, Rowe and Taylor could all have been man of the match.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 25, 2023, 09:45:59 pm by GazLaz »
We played quite well. Wednesday miles off it. Liked the fact all the new signings, whether they played well or not, looked to be willing to play on the front foot and get stuck in. Look the “right types” on early showings.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 25, 2023, 09:47:23 pm by Spud »
Agree with all of the above, enjoyed that.
Broadbent did a great job on sideways Bannon, all over the pitch we looked like we had some energy & bite again.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 25, 2023, 09:55:07 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Just don't know how you go from York and Scunthorpe to that in a matter of days. Thought other than the goal the game was void of any real quality but the fitness of the players stood out for me. Nixon, Senior, Bailey, Rowe and Taylor could all have been man of the match.

May be coincidence but I seem to remember the last time McCann was here we were much better at home than away?

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 25, 2023, 10:24:56 pm by EpsTheMightyReds »
Really enjoyed tonight. Great to see a bit of a buzz about the place and nice change to be in the West Stand instead of the south. Football wise it didn’t feel like a friendly - plenty of crunching challenges, bit of quality and loads of effort, that’s all I ever ask for. Nice to see Tommy getting 90 mins in, and in midfield. Taylor looked sharp and the back for looked solid. Salt & Pepper loaded fries were pretty good as well. Looking forward to this season for the first time in a while

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 25, 2023, 10:32:52 pm by Chris Black come back »

May be coincidence but I seem to remember the last time McCann was here we were much better at home than away?

You are spot on Dutch. In 18/19 home record in league was 13-7-3 and away in league was 7-6-10. So a total of 46 points at home and 27 points away.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 26, 2023, 12:59:45 am by MachoMadness »

Don't think we can read too much into it. Not sure there's much value in turning up and imposing ourselves on National League North sides. Fitness, shape in and out of position, and experimenting are what games like that are about. Would rather have games like that and learn from it if it leads to more performances like today.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 26, 2023, 05:30:35 am by Padge_DRFC »
Very encouraging very optimistic. I have a load of floating fans coming to the first game. Hope others are doing the same and we can get a packed out home end for the first game.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 26, 2023, 06:44:52 am by Upton Rover »
Got to give credit we’re it’s due to GM picked 2 good sides for this game and the under 21 game versus Boro on the same day, well done to both teams

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 27, 2023, 04:52:13 pm by Lesonthewest »
Really good signs that we are gelling together & Grant's plans are starting to be implemented. At last we have two full backs who look comfortable on the ball  & can also defend. We had bite in midfield & the press was good. A really good night, & so refreshing to watch after 2 years of boredom. Can't wait for the season to begin now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012