Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:50:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DFP 20 out  (Read 1698 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
DFP 20 out
« on February 21, 2024, 11:49:09 am by graingrover »
The Donny Free Press article highlights the fact that 20 of our current squad which includes all the loanees have contracts with us that run out in the summer.
I imagine that Grant is more enthused than distressed to be able to make radical changes, especially with Terry  Bramall and Gavin now fully hands-on without the filter that Blunt represented.I can’t see more than half a dozen of the twenty being in Grant’s plans .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ian1980

• Forum Member
Re: DFP 20 out
« Reply #1 on February 21, 2024, 11:59:53 am by ian1980 »
Looks like a great opportunity to almost clear the decks and start a fresh.

Not what we wanted given we’ve written off yet another season but hopefully it sparks a turning of the corner and we can start pushing back up the league(s)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 21, 2024, 12:04:11 pm by normal rules »
GM has free rein here to make room for important Signings . Starting with Adelakun .

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 21, 2024, 12:21:27 pm by Michael Shaw »
It must be exciting for any manager to have so many out of contract and able to totally reshape the squad.

Of the 20, there are 8 I would immediately drop. There are 4 I am unsure about and depend on whether they will be good enough after injuries. There are 8 I would keep, unfortunately, 4 of those  are loans Adelakun, Lo-Tuitala, Nixon and Waters and they might not want to stay.

Whatever happens, there will be quite a different squad starting next season. Onwards and upwards.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 21, 2024, 12:26:41 pm by Canadian Rover »
I like Waters but don't think he adds the quality and goal threat we need to progress.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 21, 2024, 12:28:45 pm by graingrover »
All of these will be out of contract !

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 21, 2024, 12:43:51 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Big Tom has another year.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 21, 2024, 03:35:28 pm by Pancho Regan »

Big Tom has another year.

And Jamie Sterry still has time left on his contract.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 21, 2024, 07:20:29 pm by Metalmicky »
GM has free rein here to make room for important Signings . Starting with Adelakun .

If so, he had better get used to collecting a fraction of his Lincoln wage..... was their top earner apparently

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 21, 2024, 11:29:36 pm by karldew »

If so, he had better get used to collecting a fraction of his Lincoln wage..... was their top earner apparently

By what he’s shown so far, and how many we are getting rid of I’d offer him a decent contract tbf.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 22, 2024, 09:40:25 am by Metalmicky »

By what he’s shown so far, and how many we are getting rid of I’d offer him a decent contract tbf.

I would suggest a good contract by Rovers standards will not equate to half of what Lincoln offered him when he signed..... if he is willing to accept that then fair enough.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 22, 2024, 12:05:22 pm by graingrover »
Every player in that flowing move for our first goal at Grimsby is either a loanee or a player out of contract in the summer . I am sure Grant knows about the baby and the bath water.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 22, 2024, 03:16:20 pm by Petche »

I would suggest a good contract by Rovers standards will not equate to half of what Lincoln offered him when he signed..... if he is willing to accept that then fair enough.

How have Lincoln become a club who can offer huge contracts?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 22, 2024, 03:21:13 pm by Lincoln Rover »
They haven’t, they are now looking to getting players in from overseas.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 22, 2024, 08:56:20 pm by Metalmicky »

How have Lincoln become a club who can offer huge contracts?

I'm informed by a mate who has a relative on the Lincoln staff that he was signed up during Appleton's time there and was a free agent at the time so they offered him a lucrative contract.....my mate says it was £4.5 to £5k a week plus bonuses.....

Now, I'm not saying that it is totally gospel, but I would almost certainly guarantee he was/is on a bigger wedge than anyone at Donny.

As I said, if he was willing to take a cut, then he would be a definite consideration.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012