Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:30:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It happened to me  (Read 942 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
It happened to me
« on September 21, 2016, 05:09:39 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Many of us have a story that stands out in our life. One that we'll never forget. Here's one of mine.

This is a true story that happened in 1998.

The wife and I had just gone to bed. It was about 11.30pm. Suddenly I noticed  Blue lights flashing through the bedroom window. I got up and looked out of the window and saw half a dozen police cars parked outside the house. On seeing me, one of the Policemen waved to attract my attention. I opened the window and he said the Printer's shop round the back had been robbed and they thought one of the suspects might be in my back garden.

I got dressed and went downstairs. In the panic I set off the house alarm after forgetting to turn it off, waking the wife up. I got to the back door, and through the window saw several police officers looking over from next doors fence, shining torches into my back garden. By this time my wife had joined me. I opened the door and one of the offices said that  in normal circumstances he would throw the police dog over into the garden but the dog had a bad leg! Because the fence was quite high, I asked them if they wanted to be let in through the front door, so to gain access to the garden through the house. They thanked me and all made their way to the front door.

Meanwhile, as we made our way back into the house to let the police in through the front door, the garden bench moved and up jumped the robber with his arms raised, in a surrender like fashion! Well he was a big bugger so I shouted "Stay there", in a sort of hard gruff voice. Meanwhile my wife had decided to run in the house and lock the door with me still outside - with the bloody robber!

Well what seemed like an hour passed with me alone with the robber before the police eventually came through my back door into the garden.

What a relief It was. Well for a few moments anyway. Next thing, the police dog handler let his mutt off the lead and the bloody thing proceeded to chase ME round the garden.

Well, it must have been the easiest arrest in history as the police handcuffed the robber while he held out his wrists, and surrendered in a fit of laughter.

When it was all over and the wife and I reflected on the event over a coffee, I asked her why she locked me out in the garden with the robber. She said "Well I was frightened, did you see the size of him"?

I drank up and went to bed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: It happened to me
« Reply #1 on September 21, 2016, 05:43:32 pm by jonnydog »
Brilliant! :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012