Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:29:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget statement v reality  (Read 5903 times)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Budget statement v reality
« Reply #30 on August 01, 2014, 11:13:17 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Come on, we've all had a drink..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 01, 2014, 11:15:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
football clubs don't work to a fit and proper state  ;)

No Chance?   opinions!!!

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 01, 2014, 11:17:28 pm by BigColSutherland »
I should have said insinuating then James.

But I never said it was about those three, I was, if you cared to pay attention, talking about the negotiation of individual contracts and that does involve those I mentioned.

Are you feeling alright? I've stated the club is about more than 3 people. If you want to prattle on about negotiations, good for you. It's not all about you Martin.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 01, 2014, 11:22:19 pm by silent majority »
I was exchanging posts with Jonatan about contract negotiations until you butted in. Therefore my comments remain correct.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 01, 2014, 11:23:24 pm by BigColSutherland »
Can you butt in on a public forum? I'm not sure you can.

Anyway, good night Martin.x

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 01, 2014, 11:24:36 pm by silent majority »
I'm sure you can James.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 02, 2014, 12:41:33 am by albie »
Simple answer to this discussion....if "budget" refers only to players wages, 60% of turnover is the magic figure.

Anybody wanting to spend more has to increase turnover by £10 for every £6 going out on wages...so any big ideas to boost income would be very helpful.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 02, 2014, 01:12:00 am by bfdoncaster west »
make us who ues the page pay for in

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 02, 2014, 01:52:46 am by PDX_Rover »
Eh?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 02, 2014, 06:13:38 am by jonnydog »
No, I'm out.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 02, 2014, 07:33:19 am by The Red Baron »
Simple answer to this discussion....if "budget" refers only to players wages, 60% of turnover is the magic figure.

Anybody wanting to spend more has to increase turnover by £10 for every £6 going out on wages...so any big ideas to boost income would be very helpful.

Strikes me that this has been the elephant in the room for the last few months.

I wonder how JR was planning to get around this particular stipulation? I don't suppose we'll ever know now.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 02, 2014, 09:14:42 am by bobjimwilly »

Strikes me that this has been the elephant in the room for the last few months.

I wonder how JR was planning to get around this particular stipulation? I don't suppose we'll ever know now.

it's kind of ironic that some fans who insist on going away games, and most paying on the day, also refuse to go to the keepmoat because of lack of atmosphere, or whatever, which ultimately reduces ticket sales and club income. here's a sarcastic AOK for those fans :aok:

:headbang:

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 02, 2014, 09:28:07 am by BigColSutherland »
If I don't enjoy something, and its relatively expensive, then I tend to think "I'm not doing that anymore". I don't think "I''ll keep paying it because I'm worried about their margins".

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 02, 2014, 09:47:25 am by hoolahoop »

Which just goes to show just how unbalanced the football game is now . Generally in business the payroll is somewhere between 9-15% !

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 02, 2014, 09:49:08 am by bobjimwilly »
If I don't enjoy something, and its relatively expensive, then I tend to think "I'm not doing that anymore". I don't think "I''ll keep paying it because I'm worried about their margins".

Fair enough. But maybe don't then criticise the club for not spending money or having small crowds.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 02, 2014, 09:54:56 am by hoolahoop »
Time you said summat positive BigCol......it must be fun in your house NOT . You sound just like the old fella in Steptoe & Son......Haarroold.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 02, 2014, 10:34:35 am by The Red Baron »

Some contracts are much more complicated than that, and at least two, to my knowledge, will take some serious negotiating to ensure that they don't scupper our chances of success this season.

Fascinating. I wonder if those two involve Quinn and Wellens?

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 02, 2014, 10:45:10 am by bedale rover »

Which just goes to show just how unbalanced the football game is now . Generally in business the payroll is somewhere between 9-15% !

I suppose the players are both the staff and the product

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 02, 2014, 01:20:49 pm by BigColSutherland »

Fair enough. But maybe don't then criticise the club for not spending money or having small crowds.
On that we agree Robert.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 02, 2014, 01:24:32 pm by BigColSutherland »
Time you said summat positive BigCol......it must be fun in your house NOT . You sound just like the old fella in Steptoe & Son......Haarroold.
Hoola, I'll say something positive if you can manage 20 posts without arbitrarily capitalising single words.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012