Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:38:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: team sheet for saturday  (Read 3053 times)

Bezza

• Forum Member
team sheet for saturday
« on October 07, 2016, 08:39:39 am by Bezza »
It`s going to be interesting, 1st time this season Fergie will have a few choices, will Baudry start,will Mason or Keegan come in, who will play up front with Williams or will he play as a lone striker,their could be a few different versions of what the team could be for saturday, not forgetting the youngsters who played tuesday night.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: team sheet for saturday
« Reply #1 on October 07, 2016, 08:50:08 am by the vicar »
It will be Williams and Mandeville I'm sure

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 07, 2016, 08:51:42 am by Guernsey Exile »
In fairness, and it not like me to get too complacent but we should be able to make a couple of changes and still win at a canter on Saturday - cue a 3-0 defeat.

I would play Baudry and Beestin and see how they go

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2016, 09:02:47 am by bedale rover »
From the highlights I saw Beestin played a couple of astute through balls to Mandeville

He could play a 4-3-2-1 system and have them both in the team

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2016, 11:09:25 am by selby »
After winning at Portsmouth,just the one change,I would bring in Mandaville if going with same formation.
  Or go one up front and bring in Middleton who was our best midfielder on Tuesday,Beestin played well but Middleton allowed the rest to play, he was very good all the game.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 07, 2016, 11:28:07 am by The Red Baron »
He'll go one of two ways:

Marosi
Mason Wright Butler Evina
Houghton
Blair Coppinger Rowe
Mandeville Williams

Or

Marosi
Wright Baudry Butler
Blair Houghton Middleton Rowe Evina
Coppinger
Williams

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 07, 2016, 12:30:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just spoke to Gavin Baldwin who's hotfoot from the training ground. DF keeping Baudry on bench for now and Mandeville to start.

Says they've been practicing defending long throws from half way line! Ha, it's the ones from closer in that worry me!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 07, 2016, 12:32:47 pm by glosterred »
Bet the advertising hoardings will be moved back in again then

COYR

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 07, 2016, 08:24:23 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Just spoke to Gavin Baldwin who's hotfoot from the training ground. DF keeping Baudry on bench for now and Mandeville to start.

Says they've been practicing defending long throws from half way line! Ha, it's the ones from closer in that worry me!

If the inside info about the team selection is true I bet Fergie will be delighted with his loose-tongued CEO.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 07, 2016, 09:31:34 pm by The Red Baron »
Disinformation?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 07, 2016, 09:38:55 pm by bobjimwilly »
Baz just messing with us more like  :silly:

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 07, 2016, 10:11:54 pm by mrfrostsdad »
It`s going to be interesting, 1st time this season Fergie will have a few choices, will Baudry start,will Mason or Keegan come in, who will play up front with Williams or will he play as a lone striker,their could be a few different versions of what the team could be for saturday, not forgetting the youngsters who played tuesday night.

Surely to God we're not going to go down the Keegan route are we? I see he gave a goal away on Tuesday a few minutes into his first game for months.
I know some of the young kids we have in midfield are not the finished article yet, but at least we have a bit of pace and momentum about our play now. Bring Keegan back and everything will be sideways and backwards again

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 08, 2016, 03:11:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Calder will come into the team with williams playing alone up front.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 08, 2016, 08:08:50 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

If the inside info about the team selection is true I bet Fergie will be delighted with his loose-tongued CEO.

Not exactly top secret stuff that radically changes the way we play is it!

I'm sure DF's his own man and if he wakes up this morning and thinks Baudry and Beestin can help us win the game, he'd have no hesitation and put them in.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 08, 2016, 08:35:58 am by Padge_DRFC »

Terrible news if so

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 08, 2016, 08:47:36 am by The Red Baron »

Away from home maybe, but I can't see Fergie starting with one up top at home.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 08, 2016, 08:51:42 am by IDM »
Agreed, our pattern in recent games at home (Newport, Carlisle) seems to be to back off for the last 20-25 mins, so we need to press on early - and IMHO stop backing off when we are ahead!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 08, 2016, 09:48:23 am by silent majority »

Surely that's better than spreading rumours around the supporter base about takeover bids, pop stars and rich celebrities becoming owners of DRFC when it reality it was the same hedge fund|?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 08, 2016, 10:25:11 am by RedRover45 »

Surely that's better than spreading rumours around the supporter base about takeover bids, pop stars and rich celebrities becoming owners of DRFC when it reality it was the same hedge fund|?

No it's not better. It's equally as bad. If it is true that's a ridiculous state of affairs that a CEO is openly discussing tactics that may well find their way to the opposition, no matter how small. It's disappointing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 08, 2016, 11:09:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It wasn't tactical at all. I asked him if he knew if Baudry would start and he said he'd be on bench. Christ, if you think it's that important then blame me for blabbing!

There's times when I've asked him stuff and he couldn't give me an answer and I respect that. He's not daft.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 08, 2016, 11:44:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
I don't see a problem. We have 3 actual strikers, one of them is injured so the other one comes in for him. The long throw thing DF mentioned in his press conferences too.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 08, 2016, 11:50:28 am by Filo »
It wasn't tactical at all. I asked him if he knew if Baudry would start and he said he'd be on bench. Christ, if you think it's that important then blame me for blabbing!

There's times when I've asked him stuff and he couldn't give me an answer and I respect that. He's not daft.

Well I reckon he'll start, from the brief glimpse of what I saw on Tuesday night he's miles better than our other Centre Halves

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 08, 2016, 11:54:04 am by GazLaz »
I he could bring or likes of Middleton in and play Coppinger closer to Williams and Rowe further forward.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 08, 2016, 12:04:49 pm by mushRTID »
I he could bring or likes of Middleton in and play Coppinger closer to Williams and Rowe further forward.

I like the sound of that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 08, 2016, 12:35:57 pm by GazLaz »

I like the sound of that.

I think he may just give Liam a go though.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 08, 2016, 01:20:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
Can't see him not starting with Mandeville up front with Williams.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012