Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:27:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Your chance to meet Centerplate (formerly Lindleys) to discuss Catering Issues  (Read 8565 times)

twinkletoes

Re: Your chance to meet Centerplate (formerly Lindleys) to discuss Catering Issues
« Reply #30 on February 08, 2014, 08:58:45 am by twinkletoes »
I find this thread amusing, interesting, frustrating, annoying and promising... in equal measure.

Those of us who patronise the catering facilities at the KMS on a regular basis are probably 90% in agreement that it is not working satisfactorily. Personally, I've gone from finding the service mildly amusing, to rather frustrating, to very annoying and ultimately completely inept.

I'm one of those idiots who thinks that buying ANY product or service from my beloved club is ultimately benefitting that same beloved club.
OK, call me naive, but that's how I am.

But I have absolutely reached the end of my tether with the abjectly incompetent catering service on offer in the West Stand concourse........and believe me, I have a really long tether.

I wish I lived in Donny and could attend this meeting because I am prepared to put aside my total frustration with the inept catering service and offer my positive suggestions, but I can't make it as I live some distance away.

I can only hope that the catering supplier, along with our trusted representatives on the VSC, can have the goodwill and enthusiasm to really try and sort this out, because it is a serious failing in the club's attempts at customer satisfaction.

It really is just not funny anymore.

End of rant....
Im going and live in Leeds!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

twinkletoes

Re: Your chance to meet Centerplate (formerly Lindleys) to discuss Catering Issues
« Reply #31 on February 08, 2014, 10:08:21 am by twinkletoes »
Listed below are the issues I will be raising at the meeting. Anyone else like to add to them. (I just know I'm going to regret putting that)

1.Half time Refreshment Bar closed at half time
2. Running out of pies etc
3. Number of till open
4.Running out of beer 40 minutes before kick off
5.Vending Machines
6.Slow staff at tills
7. Chocolate Bars

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
Listed below are the issues I will be raising at the meeting. Anyone else like to add to them. (I just know I'm going to regret putting that)

1.Half time Refreshment Bar closed at half time
2. Running out of pies etc
3. Number of till open
4.Running out of beer 40 minutes before kick off
5.Vending Machines
6.Slow staff at tills
7. Chocolate Bars

Someone posted that one kiosk had no hot water for tea/coffee.This really is a basic thing and not having any is piss poor!
Also other posts say that except for the pies  the quality of food is poor!

ROVERSBELLY

• Forum Member
Why does Dean not simply attend the next home game , spend time on the concourse and talk to people in the queues , no need for a meeting then , he will get all the info he needs and see the staff in action for himself.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
I think "Half Time Refreshment Bar closed at Half Time" is a very powerful statement.

wing commander

• Forum Member
I wouldn't pay him in brash washers...I really wouldn't.....Frankly he should be embarrassed at having to ask....

silent majority

• VSC Member
Why does Dean not simply attend the next home game , spend time on the concourse and talk to people in the queues , no need for a meeting then , he will get all the info he needs and see the staff in action for himself.

He does attend games. I spoke to him whilst stood in the queue before ko against Middlesborough.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member

And he still needs supporters to tell him what the issues are????   Is he REAL???

He does attend games. I spoke to him whilst stood in the queue before ko against Middlesborough.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Rovers should take it on themselves. Source everything locally. Create a micro economy. Be the first club to do it.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Rovers should take it on themselves. Source everything locally. Create a micro economy. Be the first club to do it.

Completely agree PDX, I've said this in every 'supporter survey' I've filled in.   Our views are valued by the club of course.

neil grainger

« Reply #40 on February 08, 2014, 09:06:12 pm by neil grainger »
I find this thread amusing, interesting, frustrating, annoying and promising... in equal measure.

Those of us who patronise the catering facilities at the KMS on a regular basis are probably 90% in agreement that it is not working satisfactorily. Personally, I've gone from finding the service mildly amusing, to rather frustrating, to very annoying and ultimately completely inept.

I'm one of those idiots who thinks that buying ANY product or service from my beloved club is ultimately benefitting that same beloved club.
OK, call me naive, but that's how I am.

But I have absolutely reached the end of my tether with the abjectly incompetent catering service on offer in the West Stand concourse........and believe me, I have a really long tether.

I wish I lived in Donny and could attend this meeting because I am prepared to put aside my total frustration with the inept catering service and offer my positive suggestions, but I can't make it as I live some distance away.

I can only hope that the catering supplier, along with our trusted representatives on the VSC, can have the goodwill and enthusiasm to really try and sort this out, because it is a serious failing in the club's attempts at customer satisfaction.

It really is just not funny anymore.

End of rant....
Im going and live in Leeds!

Bully for you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

Well folks. I think at least we've identified why there are never any pies left.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Surely there's a decent supply of quality stuff locally should Rovers take this in-house?

http://doncasterbrewery.co.uk/
http://www.toppingspies.co.uk/
http://www.piperscrisps.com/
http://amysmiths.co.uk/
Offer local shops an outlet on matchdays, for example: http://www.whitbysrestaurant.co.uk/doncaster
Curry wraps
Hog Roast
Cooplands
Bacon Butties etc.
As well as you usual fare (Mars bars, coca cola etc, tea, coffee etc).

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
After seeing how well the catering was organised at the Amex Stadium, it really does show ours up (not that I was under any illusions).

One point for me - why can't we have card machines on the catering? They had them at Brighton, with 2 queues  for cash only, the other four for card/cash. Worked quick and easy. There's literally no excuse.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member

Would be good if feasible ... and if we get the Knights into the "Club Doncaster" arrangement we could do worse than asking for their input

OK only 1200 there on Saturday (and everyone does not eat / drink) but they have it off to a fine art.

A bar that is 71 feet long helps and loads of people (efficiently) serving from 30 or more Pumps and doing a good job ... £3.10 for "real" Beer

They make their own Steak Pies and that come to £4.95 for a Cow Pie Chips Mushy Peas and Gravy. Personally I have Chicken Curry and Chips which is always very tasty very hot and a fair old portion for £3. Queues form of course especially at half time but they know its half time and are ready.

One takes your money up front and several dish out the grub (which also has Sausage Sandwiches Baked Spuds Chips and Gravy and lots more. It is a REAL pleasure to give them my money and I look forward to going there knowing I can get good quality food and drink - in fact I always PLAN to eat there - whereas at Rovers despite being a STH for many years I always plan NOT to eat / drink

wing commander

• Forum Member
   I think the fact that your happy to spend money at the knights,yet simply have given up on the service at Rovers should make those responsible embarrassed...As for the DIY argument,I think that whilst that's good in principal it would be a hard thing to implement from scratch without the experience to do it...
    After all we are a football club and if a succession of companies who are so called market leaders in this field cant feed and water 6000 Donny fans to any kind of acceptable standard then what chance have we?? We simply shouldn't have to....The club not the fans should be having this meeting and be putting the pressure on to get it sorted out now......A quick question for anybody in the know but do the contracts we sign with these companies leave us with any redress when they fail to perform at this lot are now????

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
I think the problem with the idea of switching catering companies is they currently run ALL of the catering, including for the premier lounge, the directors, the corporate boxes, functions etc. Maybe the current company is really good at catering upstairs and for more corporate type functions? Rovers might also be getting a great deal on that side of things?

Whether there is a possibility to split the contract and offer out the units in the concourses, I don't know, but I'm sure individual tenants in the concourses would have more impetus to offer a better service, products, pricing etc

River Don

• Forum Member

Would be good if feasible ... and if we get the Knights into the "Club Doncaster" arrangement we could do worse than asking for their input

OK only 1200 there on Saturday (and everyone does not eat / drink) but they have it off to a fine art.

A bar that is 71 feet long helps and loads of people (efficiently) serving from 30 or more Pumps and doing a good job ... £3.10 for "real" Beer

They make their own Steak Pies and that come to £4.95 for a Cow Pie Chips Mushy Peas and Gravy. Personally I have Chicken Curry and Chips which is always very tasty very hot and a fair old portion for £3. Queues form of course especially at half time but they know its half time and are ready.

One takes your money up front and several dish out the grub (which also has Sausage Sandwiches Baked Spuds Chips and Gravy and lots more. It is a REAL pleasure to give them my money and I look forward to going there knowing I can get good quality food and drink - in fact I always PLAN to eat there - whereas at Rovers despite being a STH for many years I always plan NOT to eat / drink

Yes, the catering is pretty good at Castle Park. If we could get their people to look after the Keepmoat as well, I'd be more than happy.

wing commander

• Forum Member
   I see what your saying Bobjimwilly but this company provide this service for a lot bigger sporting arenas than ours...I bet when they were running the Etihaad they couldn't get away with the incompetent attitude they show to everybody from there own staff to us the fans.....After looking at there website they are happy to shout out there mission statement of "Treat guests like your business depends on it"...And just when I thought they simply couldn't make themselves look stupider.....

swintonrover

• Forum Member
Castle Park has the best grub I've ever had at a sports ground. Bar possibly Oldham Rugby Ground. Pies £1.50 there!

wing commander

• Forum Member
  The irony is I accept that your going to pay inflated prices,thats the nature of the beast when you have a lot of people locked in one place....wether it be stadiums,racecourses or music festivals...And in our case I think the food is pretty good when you compare it to others ive had at the above mentioned events..However if your going to lift my leg do it with efficiency,speed and politeness...Don't continually piss up my back then offer me a meeting to to tell me what anybody with a basic understanding of business knew 4 months ago when they were told the first time and they were....As for the clubs point of view...Gavins a very intelligent bloke so im sure he is aware of the problems himself and the reaction this farce of a fans meeting has generated.... 

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
   I see what your saying Bobjimwilly but this company provide this service for a lot bigger sporting arenas than ours...I bet when they were running the Etihaad they couldn't get away with the incompetent attitude they show to everybody from there own staff to us the fans.....After looking at there website they are happy to shout out there mission statement of "Treat guests like your business depends on it"...And just when I thought they simply couldn't make themselves look stupider.....

Like by putting ..... or "there" instead of "their"?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member

Fantastic. It can be done then.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Yes ... it can be done and is done regularly and with extreme consistency.

The Cow Pies are legendary whether eaten in the West Stand or Clubhouse the beer is kept well and there is even a third Bar with adjoining Tea / Coffee Bar outside right by the Corner Flag

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
I want a cow pie now.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
I want a cow pie now.

Your next chance would be March 1st unless you are a dyed in the wool Rovers fan and going to Bournemouth

Knights at home to Blaydon as they (hopefully) edge nearer Promotion and though I don't have a grasp on the Rules*** and nuances (and I have Chicken Curry and Chips) I will more than likely attend

In fact as I said earlier I always PLAN to go for the food and Beer !

*** I cant get over the Spectators calling the Ref "Sir" either !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012