Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:58:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 228165 times)

selby and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #2970 on August 22, 2022, 10:04:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
PS.

You have no evidence for anything in your last post other than the FSB clai s, which you take entirely without criticism.

And you lecture everyone else about balance?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2971 on August 22, 2022, 10:29:29 pm by normal rules »
If, and it’s a big if, Ukrainian secret service was indeed behind this bombing, would they want the psychological propaganda for doing so? I’d say so.
Overtly they would deny it of course.
Russia have made their mind up though.
So this is a win for Ukraine? Psychologically, it’s a message that we can hurt you, deep into your heartland.
It could be a lone wolf, or independent cell from either side.
If it’s an internal terrorist attack by disenfranchised Russians, then that’s got to hurt. They would never admit that of course.
If it’s Got Ukrainian involvement then Zelensky would be pretty happy I’d imagine. Wether it was sanctioned or not.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2972 on August 22, 2022, 10:52:12 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
BST - seems you missed the point of my post. I was raising the issue, as reported, and then looking at what will happen from that. Whether or not she did do it is irrelevant to that, however I'm not hearing strong denials from Ukraine.

Notable that you just reacted in your usual way, like some Daily Express corresspondent. Much like the "Absolute barbarians." headline on a previous edition of your BS Times.

NR - interesting how Ukraine has seemed to deny a fair bit of its actions, eg bombings in Crimea. I suspect it's about letting people decide for themselves. By claiming secret service victories in Russian territory they might think they could be sanctioning retaliation.

Interesting also in this that there is an implicit acceptance of Crimea being Russian.

On this instance, killing the man's daughter, I don't think anyone is going to see this as a victory for Ukraine. If anything, it's embarressing.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2973 on August 22, 2022, 10:53:44 pm by normal rules »
News out now that a partisan Russian republican group within Russia are claiming responsibility.
The plot thickens.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2974 on August 22, 2022, 11:18:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
News out now that a partisan Russian republican group within Russia are claiming responsibility.
The plot thickens.

Maybe Johnson will claim responsibility?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2975 on August 23, 2022, 12:09:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BRR.

You are raising the issue as reported by and only by the FSB. Full stop.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2976 on August 23, 2022, 10:36:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It seems that the Russian parliament will be discussing declaring Ukraine to be a terrorist state tomorrow. One significance there is that any state that then sponsors Ukraine through money or arms will be liable to sanctions. Good news for German woolly blanket sellers for one.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2977 on August 23, 2022, 11:48:46 pm by BobG »
Mind blowing..... Aggressors blame the attacked. Now where do I recall that happening before.....

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2978 on August 24, 2022, 12:33:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile the head news presenter on Russian state TV, who apparently is very close to Putin, effectively admitted yesterday that Russia carried out the Salisbury poisonings.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2979 on August 24, 2022, 06:51:46 am by Filo »
Putin, the man responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Ukrainians has said the murder of one Russian woman in a car bomb is vile, what a phsyco he is if he really believes that

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2980 on August 24, 2022, 09:38:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Stalin said 1 death is a tragedy. 500,00 deaths is a statistic.

Putin models himself on Stalin.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2981 on August 24, 2022, 12:28:48 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'd class any state that shells or shoots it's own people a terrorist state, seems there some who think differently?

But what does the naming matter, except to the barmy US and friends? Its the legal processes it allows that counts. Here it's gas and Germany. In the US it's torture, waterboarding and basically illegal stuff.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2982 on August 27, 2022, 09:12:06 am by normal rules »
Wtf.

Russian nuclear power giant Rosatom will begin constructing two new nuclear reactors in Hungary in the coming weeks, Hungary's foreign minister said.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2983 on August 28, 2022, 03:50:21 am by BobG »
If I were Putin I'd be trying to break the EC, the western cabal. Hungary is an obvious, obvious entry point. This is a wet dream for Putin.

BobG

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2984 on August 28, 2022, 10:21:57 am by Dutch Uncle »
Easy and willing entry point Bob

Although the deal was done in 2014 (presumably before the Crimea annexation?) and nuclear  EU sanctions do not cover Russian nuclear power

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62695938
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 12:56:42 pm by Dutch Uncle »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2985 on August 28, 2022, 11:13:56 am by SydneyRover »
If I were Putin I'd be trying to break the EC, the western cabal. Hungary is an obvious, obvious entry point. This is a wet dream for Putin.

BobG

They could have already done it Bob, but without an inquiry we won't know.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2986 on August 28, 2022, 11:14:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Dutch

The deal was done with Hungary, not the EU.

Sooner or later, Hungary will be thrown out. It's a fascist cuckoo in the European nest.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #2987 on August 28, 2022, 12:59:25 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Dutch

The deal was done with Hungary, not the EU.

Sooner or later, Hungary will be thrown out. It's a fascist cuckoo in the European nest.

Sorry my mistake, misread it. It didn't make much sense  :blush:

Agree with the sentiment re Hungary, but if the EU sanctions don't cover the Russian Nuclear industry then it is difficult to see this being the catalyst. 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2988 on August 28, 2022, 01:11:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So did I first time round. Not the clearest text!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2989 on August 29, 2022, 07:34:39 am by normal rules »
For a member state to be thrown out it would require a change of treaty, which all member states have to vote in favour of , unanimously. Including Hungary themselves. Like the proverbial Turkey voting for Xmas. Can’t see it ever happening. Unless they wanted it of course.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2990 on August 29, 2022, 08:20:25 am by wilts rover »
For a member state to be thrown out it would require a change of treaty, which all member states have to vote in favour of , unanimously. Including Hungary themselves. Like the proverbial Turkey voting for Xmas. Can’t see it ever happening. Unless they wanted it of course.

They couldn't stop freedom of movement and close national borders - until covid came and they closed national borders and stopped freedom of movement. It will happen if the people in charge want it to.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2991 on August 29, 2022, 01:11:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

They couldn't stop freedom of movement and close national borders - until covid came and they closed national borders and stopped freedom of movement. It will happen if the people in charge want it to.
Kinda like bullying, it is the way the world works.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2992 on August 29, 2022, 02:14:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No. It's kinda like saying if you don't play by the f**king rules that everyone else does, you don't get the benefits.

Someone who was a member of a golf club wouldn't expect to be tolerated if they shit on the bar after every round.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2993 on August 29, 2022, 02:28:31 pm by Filo »
Ukraine launches an offensive to retake Kherson, reports of Russian Para’s and separatist running away, leaving there ammo behind.

They don’t like the odds evened out these Russians do they?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2994 on August 30, 2022, 01:07:48 am by Bristol Red Rover »
No. It's kinda like saying if you don't play by the f**king rules that everyone else does, you don't get the benefits.

Someone who was a member of a golf club wouldn't expect to be tolerated if they shit on the bar after every round.
I was talking about the way the Lords of the world, the ones you worship, can change the rules when they like to suit themselves and screw anyone else who was playing by the rules that were in place when they joined. Keep up.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2995 on September 01, 2022, 02:09:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Reports of several hundred Ukraine commandos from across the Dnieper river landing in the town immediately adjacent to the nuclear power station, to its east, just when the inspectors arrived there.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2996 on September 01, 2022, 02:11:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Reports of several hundred Ukraine commandos from across the Dnieper river landing in the town immediately adjacent to the nuclear power station, to its east, just when the inspectors arrived there.

Reports from?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2997 on September 01, 2022, 02:12:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Mesanwhile, it's astonishing how dangerous windows become when you reach a certain level of importance in Putin's Russia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62750584

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2998 on September 01, 2022, 02:37:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Reports from?
Not from your useless sources obviously!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2999 on September 01, 2022, 02:39:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Why not just post your source and let folk decide if they think it is trustworthy?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012