Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:10:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Steer  (Read 3570 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Steer
« on September 24, 2014, 04:35:12 pm by bpoolrover »
Didn't get to the game last night but steer has come in for grief lately, I no it's not the whe game but he seemed to make some decent stops last night,did his performance improve?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Steer
« Reply #1 on September 24, 2014, 04:40:01 pm by IDM »
I thought he did well.  Wasn't at fault for either goal IMHO and made a couple of very good saves from the L**ds reject.  Also caught crosses and corners.  I may not have recalled everything he did, but certainly didn't look to be in any difficulty.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 24, 2014, 04:44:45 pm by bpoolrover »
Thanks for that idm maybe he just needs abit of confidence and can press on now

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 24, 2014, 05:07:08 pm by swintonrover »
He pulled off a stunning save from a free kick in the second half that was going top corner, he played pretty well last night.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 24, 2014, 06:03:01 pm by roversam »
Where are all the Steer haters

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Steer
« Reply #5 on September 24, 2014, 07:00:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think any rational people could use terms like hate. He looks like a good shot stopper and in that department he's much better than Woods. Like Woods and Turnbull though, we are concerned about the command of his box, particularly the 6 yard box. Sounds like he did better last night.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 24, 2014, 09:08:17 pm by Scooter »
I'm not yet a fan of steer but last night I thought it was a more confident display. Nice to see him catch. Great save from the free kick late on

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 24, 2014, 09:48:11 pm by donnievic »
For me only thing he struggled on is crosses and last night played very well

Axo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 25, 2014, 11:07:07 pm by Axo »
Personally i think he's the weakest keeper we have had for a while, shot stopping and pulling off the occasional good save doesn't make a keeper decent. He doesn't command his area and there is a lack of communication from him to his defenders. On top of that he is afraid to come for crosses because he 'flaps' at a lot of them and would rather punch a ball that would be easier to catch.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 25, 2014, 11:16:31 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He has improved a bit the last few games,i see him getting more confident,he has been learnt to play goal in the Continental way,where they see punching the ball as safety first,rather than our keeper's use punching as a last resort.
Decent shot stopper,still not good on crosses,but to be fair our defence hasn't given enough protection,nowhere near the class of Sullivan,Johnstone or Turnbull,but he is steadily showing some improvement.

We have had good keepers in the past poor on crosses,he needs to keep working on his game,he is not vastly experienced so these games he is learning,but he needs to learn that coming for a ball and you don't get it,is worse than staying on your line and making them beat you.
I Don't see the organisation that Meite provided,McCombe as senior defender should be the boss in there,anything beyond the six yard box,he should tell him we will deal with it.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 26, 2014, 11:16:02 am by Colin C No.3 »
Hate is a very strong emotion, not appropriate in this situation i.e., some fans are of the opinion that he is a poor keeper. I am also of that opinion.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 26, 2014, 11:36:25 am by roversam »
Oooh dear so sorry i used the H word, get a grip man, some of the shite people post on here and you pick up on that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 26, 2014, 11:48:31 am by Bentley Bullet »
My perceptive side tells me that Steer will come good, but that doesn't mean that I'll be a hypocrite for praising him after previously criticising him, if he does improve. It just means that I'm being honest, as I have been all along.

If I praised him, even though I didn't think he deserved it, I would be being dishonest. Praising someone all the time whether they deserve it or not isn't really praise at all, it is patronising, and pointless, and destroys the whole reason for why genuine praise is given.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:53:55 am by Bentley Bullet »

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #13 on September 26, 2014, 12:09:26 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
He uses that word because it's tattooed on his fingers
Hate is a very strong emotion, not appropriate in this situation i.e., some fans are of the opinion that he is a poor keeper. I am also of that opinion.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 26, 2014, 12:18:15 pm by roversam »
Yeah lol and love on the other hand.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 26, 2014, 12:26:12 pm by LincsRover »
Reminds me of a girl from Bristol I dated at uni - she had 'lager' and 'bitter' tattooed under each ample breast! Pure class and didn't last long after I found them! I do wonder if she ever had children and fed them lager or bitter! I guess now they're covered up due to the forces of gravity. Hee hee!

:ohmy:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 26, 2014, 01:08:19 pm by Wellred »
He has improved a bit the last few games,i see him getting more confident,he has been learnt to play goal in the Continental way,where they see punching the ball as safety first,rather than our keeper's use punching as a last resort.
Decent shot stopper,still not good on crosses,but to be fair our defence hasn't given enough protection,nowhere near the class of Sullivan,Johnstone or Turnbull,but he is steadily showing some improvement.

We have had good keepers in the past poor on crosses,he needs to keep working on his game,he is not vastly experienced so these games he is learning,but he needs to learn that coming for a ball and you don't get it,is worse than staying on your line and making them beat you.
I Don't see the organisation that Meite provided,McCombe as senior defender should be the boss in there,anything beyond the six yard box,he should tell him we will deal with it.

Jesus what do they teach at school nowadays.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 26, 2014, 11:31:55 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Jesus what do they teach at school nowadays.

And your point is?,i don't come on here for a grammar lesson,if that's your interest go on the Countdown site.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012