Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:49:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Warnock's last game?  (Read 3653 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Warnock's last game?
« on February 25, 2010, 08:24:21 am by The Red Baron »
Looks as though Saturday's game may be Neil Warnock's last game in charge of Palace. He seems likely to be heading across London to Loftus Road.

I wonder what (if any) effect it will have? Will Palace's players be more \"up for it\" in order to give the gaffer a send-off, or will it add to the air of uncertainty surrounding the club?

Warnock is right about one thing though- Saturday is a huge game- and not just for Palace. If we win then we gain much-needed breathing space. A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world for us (though not good for Palace) but a defeat would put us right in the thick of a relegation battle.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re:Warnock's last game?
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2010, 08:32:57 am by DonnyNoel »
The Red Baron wrote:
Looks as though Saturday's game may be Neil Warnock's last game in charge of Palace. He seems likely to be heading across London to Loftus Road.

I wonder what (if any) effect it will have? Will Palace's players be more \"up for it\" in order to give the gaffer a send-off, or will it add to the air of uncertainty surrounding the club?

Warnock is right about one thing though- Saturday is a huge game- and not just for Palace. If we win then we gain much-needed breathing space. A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world for us (though not good for Palace) but a defeat would put us right in the thick of a relegation battle.

Just read that too and get the niggly feeling they're going to be up for it, either to give him a send off or to get a move to QPR!

Some possibly \"kind\" fixtures for us on Saturday. I could see Scunny, QPR, Plymouth, Peterborough, Watford and Derby all losing plus with Reading playing the Fowls they both can't win either. Could put some serious daylight between us and the bottom teams.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2010, 01:53:59 pm by River Don »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I'd be surprised if Warnock left Palace. I can understand his frustration at the situation down at Selhurst Park, but I can't see what QPR will be achieving by bringing in yet another manager!

I reckon we'll come out on top on Saturday, just a case of making sure we get that first goal.

There's bugger all reason for Warnock to stick with Palace, they don't know if they're going to be paid from one month to the next.

QPR will be fine if they hire him AND then give him the time he needs, that has to be the objective now fat Flavio has stepped down. There still must be plenty of cash sloshing around at Loftus Road and Warnock probably has the nouse to get a team promoted from this division. I'm not sure he has enough in his locker to keep a side in the Premier league mind but I imagine he'd get a big enough warchest to give it a good go.

From his point of view it must be the last big opportunity.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2010, 06:22:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I'd be surprised if Warnock left Palace. I can understand his frustration at the situation down at Selhurst Park, but I can't see what QPR will be achieving by bringing in yet another manager!

I reckon we'll come out on top on Saturday, just a case of making sure we get that first goal.

Love your eternal optimism Rigo. :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012