Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:33:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Travel for Saturday - Possible disruption  (Read 4794 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Travel for Saturday - Possible disruption
« on January 31, 2017, 10:38:45 pm by jonnydog »
Depending where you're coming from, might be worth setting off early, sprotborough road is closed heading out of Donny which might have a knock on affect around York road etc...

I think the new road through from plantation to B&Q is closed too (is at the moment anyway), if it is then that will cause more issues.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:41:20 pm by jonnydog »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyguy61

Re: Travel for Saturday - Possible disruption
« Reply #1 on January 31, 2017, 10:51:15 pm by donnyguy61 »
Plantation road through to b&q closed Monday and closed for 2 weeks  :(

ballysbackin

« Reply #2 on January 31, 2017, 11:19:19 pm by ballysbackin »
Roadworks on Thorne Rd near hospital (Gas Line) traffic lights.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2017, 09:56:26 am by DaveDRFC »
Sprotbrough Road is closed Sunday, not Saturday. Just driven up there this morning and it says 5th February on the sign. They've been messing around with it most Sundays for the past month or so. Woodfield Way between Tesco and Morrisons is definitely closed for at least 2 weeks from 30th January, although I've seen it might be closed for as long as a month.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2017, 12:16:42 pm by ravenrover »
Is the link road to the M18 OK?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2017, 12:18:38 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Plantation road through to b&q closed Monday and closed for 2 weeks  :(

Three weeks it'll be, two weeks one end one the other.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2017, 07:32:43 pm by jonnydog »
Sprotbrough Road is closed Sunday, not Saturday. Just driven up there this morning and it says 5th February on the sign. They've been messing around with it most Sundays for the past month or so. Woodfield Way between Tesco and Morrisons is definitely closed for at least 2 weeks from 30th January, although I've seen it might be closed for as long as a month.

You're right, just drove past it tonight. My bad.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 01, 2017, 07:54:28 pm by Donnywolf »
Is the link road to the M18 OK?

As far as I know its only the road between Morrison's and Tesco which is closed and will be for 2 weeks

ballysbackin

« Reply #8 on February 02, 2017, 08:58:10 am by ballysbackin »
Wolfie yes you are correct, no other problems down there, but although I do not know what they are doing, I do hope they are taking those speed reduction lumps out of the road or replacing the fancy paving bricks that make the up and down ramps - pretty oh yes, but totally useless as the planners never thought of heavy traffic going down the route or the sheer volume of traffic.
Causing me at the moment probs it being shut as I do 5 school runs a week to top end of Balby.

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 02, 2017, 01:43:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Wolfie yes you are correct, no other problems down there, but although I do not know what they are doing, I do hope they are taking those speed reduction lumps out of the road or replacing the fancy paving bricks that make the up and down ramps - pretty oh yes, but totally useless as the planners never thought of heavy traffic going down the route or the sheer volume of traffic.
Causing me at the moment probs it being shut as I do 5 school runs a week to top end of Balby.

Replacing not removing. And thank god. It's bad enough the way clowns drive down there.  Nearly got ran over by a van driver on the pavement this week - idiots.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 02, 2017, 02:20:36 pm by Jenny »
If people didn't drive like d*cks then there wouldn't be need for them in the first place. I'd stick a speed camera up as well as the 'cushions' as they call them.

Must admit, I am enjoy the peace and quiet, and mocking those who ignore the signs at the Tesco roundabout and then have to turn around. Who'd have thought that a sign saying road closed means that it is closed...

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 02, 2017, 04:42:08 pm by besty »
Not familiar with road names,I drive from Wigan,down A1,M18 then past B and Q and I turn right at MaccyDs,is that going to affect me?  (Excuse my ignorance but aint lived in Donny for years)

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 02, 2017, 04:44:03 pm by Jenny »
No, its the road that goes left at the B&Q traffic lights which is shut

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 02, 2017, 08:25:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Noticed though the road behind bt is now double yellowed.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 03, 2017, 08:27:50 am by DaveDRFC »

Yeah, double yellows all the way down both sides of Carolina Way now. That's going to scupper match day parking plans for a lot of people!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 03, 2017, 11:31:09 am by Donnywolf »

Yeah, double yellows all the way down both sides of Carolina Way now. That's going to scupper match day parking plans for a lot of people!

Damn !!! Damn and double damn !!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 03, 2017, 12:27:22 pm by MrFrost »

Replacing not removing. And thank god. It's bad enough the way clowns drive down there.  Nearly got ran over by a van driver on the pavement this week - idiots.

The speed bumps are being removed at the end of the year.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 03, 2017, 12:29:09 pm by MrFrost »

The parked cars were causing an issue for the construction traffic for the rail college.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 03, 2017, 12:35:52 pm by Filo »

The parked cars were causing an issue for the construction traffic for the rail college.

They did n't cause an issue for the construction traffic when Carrillion was there for the Motorway

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 03, 2017, 12:38:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

You said that last year...

The letter I got two weeks ago says different...

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 03, 2017, 12:40:22 pm by MrFrost »

You said that last year...

The letter I got two weeks ago says different...

Well seeing as I personally know the contractor who is working on the road, and seeing the planning documents, I can safely say you're wrong.

Engineering work gets delayed for all kinds of reasons.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 03, 2017, 12:42:05 pm by MrFrost »

They did n't cause an issue for the construction traffic when Carrillion was there for the Motorway

They weren't moving huge cranes in and out.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 03, 2017, 12:47:42 pm by Filo »

Were n't they?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 03, 2017, 12:53:29 pm by ravenrover »
Thanks Wolfie

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 03, 2017, 01:03:41 pm by MrFrost »

Were n't they?

No.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 03, 2017, 02:09:47 pm by Donnywolf »
Thanks Wolfie

No problem - looks like we should start a sub thread - too many diversions on here !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 03, 2017, 02:44:27 pm by RedJ »
Don't let it be a roadblock to the rest of the forum.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 03, 2017, 02:58:05 pm by Herman Hessian »

Were n't they?

No.

you absolutely sure ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 03, 2017, 03:11:28 pm by Donnywolf »
There have been Parking restrictions for vehicles loading or unloading for the Rail College rather than restrictions for Cars themselves -. Lots of people were put off parking recently by Posters to that effect

It will put pressure on Wisconsin Drive and may be exactly the right time for BT to reintroduce their Parking for £2 - all proceeds to Bluebell Wood maybe

Someone should put it to them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012