Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:06:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bullied today  (Read 2314 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Bullied today
« on February 04, 2017, 09:51:00 pm by Albert Trousers »
I thought they bullied us a bit today especially Ellison who kept getting in Baudry & Butler's face, at times they looked shit scared of him. Whilst the last thing we need is to get a needless red I can't help but think if Rob Jones was centre back today he would have ironed Ellison out without hesitation stopping the rest of their side dishing it out, even someone like Keegan in midfield would have help. Not a criticism by any stretch but I wish we had a couple more misters for this kind of game. Both Mandeville & Houghton (who I think is a special talent) took digs after the ball in the 2nd half & it was as if they knew they could get away with it with the ref & no one in our side was going to stand up to them, Blair even backed out of a few tackles near the end. Like I say not a criticism as we've been a joy to watch at times but a bit more muscle today & I reckon we would have won at a canter.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Bullied today
« Reply #1 on February 05, 2017, 12:19:22 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We had our chances to score but didn't take them today. Morecambe had to come and make it a physical game it was their best chance of a result. Ellison gives almost every team in this league problems he might be getting on a bit but he's still a goal threat.
To anybody getting it in their loafs that we've got it won Plymouth have a game in hand if they win it it's down to two points being the difference.
Plymouth aren't going to drop out of the picture this time. No way should we be so far odds on with so many games left and only a small lead over second.

I don't personally think the team were complacent it was just like one of those games early in the season with us not taking our chances. I've just looked at the game stats nineteen shots for us seven on target normally that would win us the game. Credit to Morecambe for sticking in the game and getting a good point for them. If any complacency was drifting in among our fans this game puts that right-still some way to go.
 Nobody will remember our side and how well we've played at times if we don't win the league. The team have to make sure this week was just a blip we have been fantastic so far there was bound to be a game where it didn't quite go for us.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 05, 2017, 02:59:19 pm by roversdude »
Early in first half thought Williams had a chance and bottled it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 05, 2017, 09:20:39 pm by drfchound »
I doubt very much that either Butler or Baudry were ever sh*t scared of Ellison.
Agreed he was a pain in the jacksie but he is just their Marquis.

Donnyss

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 05, 2017, 09:45:43 pm by Donnyss »
Agree bullied everywhere on pitch they came and did a job on us. Good point in end . First team to do sumat different then just sit back

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 05, 2017, 10:30:27 pm by Albert Trousers »
I doubt very much that either Butler or Baudry were ever sh*t scared of Ellison.
Agreed he was a pain in the jacksie but he is just their Marquis.
Their centre halves fronted Marquis up on more than one occasion, ours never. Even our goal Ellison is trying kick to off whilst our players were being all nice & trying to usher him away, should have been smashed early doors but we are too soft

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 05, 2017, 11:31:40 pm by Drover »
I think,if I had'nt been paid my wages,I would have been in a mood to some bullying too. :silly:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 06, 2017, 12:41:07 pm by ravenrover »
As for Ellison that all started from the free kick he gave away Marquis and him seemed to have a few words and then JM did his wind up on him after he scored

TinyPortal © 2005-2012