Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:50:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Positives from yesterday  (Read 2096 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Positives from yesterday
« on February 05, 2017, 09:37:24 am by Dutch Uncle »
We were overdue a disappointing result, and in some ways we were fortunate to beat say Colchester and Barnet at home.

No injuries or red cards

Unbeaten home run extends to 17 league matches

Unbeaten run extends to 9 games

John Marquis keeps scoring run going

Believe it or not we moved three points closer to mathematical promotion yesterday. Prior to yesterday Portsmouth were the team who could get 4th most points which was 102, we had 61 meaning a theoretical combination of 41 points gained by us and dropped by rivals was required. Now it is actaully Wycombe who can reach a 4th best maximum of 100 and we have 62. So a  theoretical combination of 'only' 38 points gained by us and dropped by rivals is now required. The countdown is on. (Note this is not taking into account teams playing each other, but Plymouth and Carlisle can drop 11 and 3 points and still reach 100)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Positives from yesterday
« Reply #1 on February 05, 2017, 09:42:33 am by IDM »
That..

Also almost 6000 (5912) home fans...  That's creeping up isn't it?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 05, 2017, 09:57:12 am by idler »
Like I said in another thread last night. Over two games we are now one point further in front of Plymouth and our goal difference has gone up by three over them.
There is more pressure on them than us. Looking at their highlights yesterday Cambridge had a lot of chances to score, Plymouth's defence looked weak in the air.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 05, 2017, 10:30:36 am by Copps is Magic »
I'll wait to hear about the injury situation. At one point or another Mandeville, Houghton and Marquis were all hobbling around.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 05, 2017, 10:32:57 am by The Red Baron »
Fergie didn't say anything after the match. Mandeville seemed to run his off and although Houghton came off near the end I think it was precautionary.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 05, 2017, 03:35:11 pm by PDX_Rover »
Watched the highlights on Player. Another day we would have won by 4 or 5 goals. Some poor finishing, desperate defending, poor officiating. But we play with width and swagger these days. Love it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 05, 2017, 04:09:06 pm by Campsall rover »
Nobody else is going to get near 100 points it would take a monumental run to the end of the season.
Only Plymouth (barring something very special) are going to have a chance of catching us and I don't think they will.
I still back us to win the league on Easter Monday and be champions by a margin of 10 points.  :woohoo:
We will just have to wait and see. Of course I might have got it very wrong but I don't see any collapse in form coming any time soon.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 06, 2017, 12:37:02 pm by ravenrover »
Tell you what, lets all have a minute and wait to see what happens in the mud at Newport and see how many fit players we have after the game.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 06, 2017, 03:25:42 pm by Drover »
We were overdue a disappointing result, and in some ways we were fortunate to beat say Colchester and Barnet at home.

No injuries or red cards

Unbeaten home run extends to 17 league matches

Unbeaten run extends to 9 games

John Marquis keeps scoring run going

Believe it or not we moved three points closer to mathematical promotion yesterday. Prior to yesterday Portsmouth were the team who could get 4th most points which was 102, we had 61 meaning a theoretical combination of 41 points gained by us and dropped by rivals was required. Now it is actaully Wycombe who can reach a 4th best maximum of 100 and we have 62. So a  theoretical combination of 'only' 38 points gained by us and dropped by rivals is now required. The countdown is on. (Note this is not taking into account teams playing each other, but Plymouth and Carlisle can drop 11 and 3 points and still reach 100)
Thats a great rundown on the positives Dutch. :thumbsup:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012