Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:54:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Player of the Month nomination  (Read 2389 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Player of the Month nomination
« on December 12, 2012, 07:25:51 pm by silent majority »
I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but our very own Captain has been nominated;

http://www.football-league.co.uk/league1/news/20121212/player-of-the-month-nominations_2293324_3005881

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Player of the Month nomination
« Reply #1 on December 13, 2012, 12:49:21 pm by RobTheRover »
Should be a shoe-in that Jones will win it.

...so, I'm having a fiver on Lisbie.

pubteam

« Reply #2 on December 13, 2012, 04:09:44 pm by pubteam »
He deserves it for that header at Carlisle alone.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 14, 2012, 11:13:11 am by bobbymax »
Snubbed in favour of Kevin Lisbie. Gutted for Jones but quite content that the media continues to regard us as nobodies. Let's use it as an incentive to up our game again.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #4 on December 14, 2012, 11:27:51 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
They probably didnt want to make dave jones look an even bigger knob

Snubbed in favour of Kevin Lisbie. Gutted for Jones but quite content that the media continues to regard us as nobodies. Let's use it as an incentive to up our game again.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 14, 2012, 03:28:20 pm by RedJ »
Is it me or does it seem subconsciously weighted in favour of strikers?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 14, 2012, 03:32:16 pm by MachoMadness »
Is it me or does it seem subconsciously weighted in favour of strikers?

Yep, although that's the same in all areas of football. Everyone always wants strikers, ask anyone what they want at their club and they'll say a 20-goal a season striker. Scoring goals is always the most important thing in football, so a striker/midfielder in form will always get the nod over a defender in form.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 14, 2012, 04:16:08 pm by RedJ »
That's true, guess I'm a bit different in that I'd consider picking up a solid defender if we were shipping goals at, say, the rate we were last season. Maybe a bit swayed by our recent situation though.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 14, 2012, 04:22:27 pm by MachoMadness »
Yeah, it is dependent on context but generally people want strikers. There were issues a our club last year that no other club had, though. I'm not saying that defenders aren't important, because they are equally as important if you're building a good team, just that they tend to get a lot less glory because they don't tend to win you games on their own like a striker can.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 14, 2012, 04:45:06 pm by bobjimwilly »
Yeah, it is dependent on context but generally people want strikers. There were issues a our club last year that no other club had, though. I'm not saying that defenders aren't important, because they are equally as important if you're building a good team, just that they tend to get a lot less glory because they don't tend to win you games on their own like a striker can.
Understand what you're trying to say macho but disagree strikers can win matches by themselves

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 15, 2012, 07:38:54 am by RobTheRover »
lisbie was always gonna win it.  Old boys network in full swing.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 15, 2012, 08:01:04 am by 1879Rovers »
I am quite happy for us to continue to be overlooked, same with Dean Saunders in the managers category. How he hasn't been nominated in the last two months, especially in October is hard to believe.

Jones must be the most consistent defender in League One and he must be a guaranteed player in the League One Team of the Year.

I see Akinfenwa got the League Two award.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 15, 2012, 01:19:10 pm by MachoMadness »
Understand what you're trying to say macho but disagree strikers can win matches by themselves

I suppose what I mean by that is, a defender playing at the top of his game is less likely to win you a game than a striker or a midfielder playing at the top of their games. A defender can stop you losing, but offensively they create very little, they're a foundation you build the rest of the team on. I'm speaking very, very generally here obviously.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 15, 2012, 05:59:15 pm by RoversAlias »
lisbie was always gonna win it.  Old boys network in full swing.

Old boys network? You can't cry conspiracy just because one of our players didn't win the award. Lisbie has been on absolute fire recently, banging goals in for a side on a storming run.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012