Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 03:10:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bradley Lowery  (Read 2659 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Bradley Lowery
« on July 07, 2017, 04:11:26 pm by glosterred »
RIP young man

My brave boy has went with the angels today 07/07/17 at 13:35, in mammy and daddies arms surrounded by his... fb.me/8Sctt2ibg

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

aidanstu

• Forum Member
Re: Bradley Lowery
« Reply #1 on July 07, 2017, 04:19:33 pm by aidanstu »
Absolutely tragic news but a heart warming story that reflects well on the football world especially Everton, Sunderland, England and Defoe. It shows what can be done when football tries.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 07, 2017, 04:30:47 pm by drfchound »
The worst thing that any parent has to deal with, been there.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 07, 2017, 05:08:46 pm by not on facebook »
Just seen this on sky news after getting back in after a kick about with my two .

Christ no kid should die before his/her parents , don't quite know how I could muster the strength if I was in Bradleys parents situation.

RIP Bradley.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 07, 2017, 05:19:37 pm by IDM »
This is so so sad.  Bradly is sadly not alone in suffering an untimely death but even one child taken like this is one too many.

As a parent myself I really feel for his mum and dad.  I hope they can find some consolation in their lives somehow, perhaps that Bradley was befriended and received so much love in recent times may help, but nothing can ever replace a lost child.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 07, 2017, 05:20:34 pm by RoversAlias »
There is nothing worse to experience in life surely, bless him. He had some great moments in that all too short life of his that his family and folks can hold onto for the rest of their lives, and that's the one silver lining in this whole awful thing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 07, 2017, 05:24:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Gut-wrenching. How do you make sense of such a tragedy involving someone so young and innocent?

Thinking of the parents.

RIP Bradley.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 07, 2017, 06:41:45 pm by roversdude »
RIP young man
Thoughts are with parents and Defoe - well done for bringing some light into his life

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 07, 2017, 07:06:22 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
An absolute tragedy. Its zero consolation, but it seems that his short life was full of love and he did so much during it.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 07, 2017, 07:44:38 pm by balbyrover »
Tragic, a real fighter. 
Fairplay to Defoe who made the lads last few months happier times.

Thoughts with Bradleys family.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 07, 2017, 07:49:53 pm by Jonathan »
Such awfully sad news. He'll be remembered around football for lighting up everyone and everything around him. An amazingly brave and inspirational little boy.

Echo the comments of others in that Jermain Defoe has shown so much love, kindness and compassion coming from an industry that, at times, feels so far detached from so called reality.

Thoughts with his family, friends and everyone close to them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:53:50 pm by Jonathan »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 07, 2017, 09:52:53 pm by drfchound »
Watching the news about this earlier I don't mind admitting that it had me shedding a few tears.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 07, 2017, 11:00:06 pm by jonnydog »
Sad and tragic. I couldn't imagine what his rents are going through. Sleep tight little man.

George Carter

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 07, 2017, 11:09:49 pm by George Carter »
Its good that he got so many happy memories to cherish during his short life and in spite of the daily pain what he must have gone through.   One of my close work mates lost his kid in the early 90s when he was young so my heart can only go out to his family as it must  change you as a person to go through something so awful!!

Gone but never forgotten!!!! Sleep tight little fellla!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 08, 2017, 08:33:30 am by acko »
I endorse everything thats been said its so sad.Lets hope his parents and friends will be allowed to greive without the media pestering for a story.time will come for that later.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 08, 2017, 09:35:44 am by Filo »
He had the heart and courage of a lion, god bless the little man

Now if all these footballing superstars from the UK and around Europe that are tweeting their sadness just donated a months salary each out of their over inflated pay packet, any foundation set up in Bradleys name would get a good financial starting point

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 08, 2017, 09:54:10 am by not on facebook »
Watched a sky news news item on him this morning and it had tears rolling down my face when he was singing one Bradley lowery to himself.

Andy Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 11, 2017, 02:22:36 pm by Andy Smith »
Went to pre season friendly of Hitchin Town v Stevenage on Saturday and spontaneously the Hitchin manager put the board up with number 6 on it in the 6th minute and the place erupted with  all the 700+ people there singing his name and clapping.
Many a hard faced fella had tears rolling down their cheeks.

RIP Brads u were an inspiration and united us all in a way other ever has

comeonrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 13, 2017, 05:13:11 pm by comeonrovers »
Hi Guys,

This is very sad news, As a tribute I have organised a Charity Football game in Exeter in conjunction with FLYBE and Exeter City.  We will be raising money for Cancer Research.  Flybe IT and Finance will square off in a 7 a side game close to Exeter Airport and the winner will pick up a Trophy.  We are hoping to make this an annual charity event.

If Doncaster Fans would like to donate to the charity you're more than welcome to donate to the cause here

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/flybecharityfootball

Kind Regards

TinyPortal © 2005-2012