Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:37:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Welcome John Bercow  (Read 1383 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Welcome John Bercow
« on June 19, 2021, 11:42:13 pm by SydneyRover »
''John Bercow defects to Labour with withering attack on Johnson
Former Speaker says party has become reactionary and xenophobic under its current leadership''

The closer you get the better understanding of the machinations that go on, none closer than Bercow.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/19/john-bercow-defects-to-labour-with-withering-attack-on-johnson

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-57541836

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Welcome John Bercow
« Reply #1 on June 20, 2021, 12:11:53 am by tyke1962 »
''John Bercow defects to Labour with withering attack on Johnson
Former Speaker says party has become reactionary and xenophobic under its current leadership''

The closer you get the better understanding of the machinations that go on, none closer than Bercow.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/19/john-bercow-defects-to-labour-with-withering-attack-on-johnson

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-57541836

Only your flavour of the Labour Party could accept Bercow with open arms .

Clearly you have much in common , anybody with any principles would  be embarrassed .

He's a Tory , he's pyssed off but he's a free market believing Thatcher loving neoliberal .

He could have gone to the Lib Dems but no he's a Starmer man .

You can work the attraction from pretty much that position .

How much more can you lot embarrass yourselves ? , just when you think it's got to rock bottom you lot find an even deeper level .

I bet Hardie and Bevan are turning in their graves although not for the first time .

The really sad thing is you see this as some kind of accolade for all things Labour .

What next Tebbit becoming the shadow minister for employment ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 20, 2021, 12:24:00 am by SydneyRover »
You just don't get it do you tyke? you're gonna need people like Bercow to vote for your left issues if you want power, there aren't enough of the left to get there on your own. I see the epitaph following another 10 years of tories, 'we showed em, we kept em in opposition'

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 20, 2021, 12:44:47 am by tyke1962 »
You just don't get it do you tyke? you're gonna need people like Bercow to vote for your left issues if you want power, there aren't enough of the left to get there on your own. I see the epitaph following another 10 years of tories, 'we showed em, we kept em in opposition's

Bercow will be a part of my left wing issues , just how desperate does it get .

Bercow joined the party he's comfortable with , I don't have to add anything further .

I'm comfortable in my skin Sydney , I don't sell out what I believe is right .

The electorate votes which ever way it votes and I live with that .

If Bercow is the answer then clearly nobody asked the question .

The truth is if the Tories invest in their new found gains then I don't particularly care about some middle class pressure group plus Bercow replacing them .

As you say in your own words or words to that affect the past is the past and the only relevance is today and tomorrow .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 20, 2021, 12:46:53 am by SydneyRover »
You just don't get it do you tyke? you're gonna need people like Bercow to vote for your left issues if you want power, there aren't enough of the left to get there on your own. I see the epitaph following another 10 years of tories, 'we showed em, we kept em in opposition's

Bercow joined the party he's comfortable with , I don't have to add anything further .

The truth is if the Tories invest in their new found gains then I don't particularly care about some middle class pressure group plus Bercow replacing them .

As you say in your own words or words to that affect the past is the past and the only relevance is today and tomorrow .

More straw men in your arguments than a haystack tyke, take out the things I haven't said and you have a blank page.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 20, 2021, 01:15:48 am by tyke1962 »

More straw men in your arguments than a haystack tyke, take out the things I haven't said and you have a blank page.

It's not my fault you dont like the truth and is a bit of a hit to your tribalism .

The Tories haven't had anything going for them since Thatcher and yet .

Now the Labour Party can't be the soft Tories anymore and  because of culture they are pretty much fecked .

That's what happens when principles are sold , when you sell out TOTALLY .

The Tories haven't finished Labour they've done that by themselves .

That's the very thing you lot won't admit or accept .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 20, 2021, 01:25:36 am by SydneyRover »
You're arguing amongst yourself tyke, bring in stuff no one said then rail against it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 20, 2021, 05:35:31 am by SydneyRover »
Maybe a wrap up of the issues, just this thread mind ..............

You won't accept someone that has resigned from the tories and joined labour because of principles laid down by Hardie that died 126 years ago and Bevan 61 years ago.

(the enemy of my enemy is my friend) apparently not.

The labour party is a democratic organisation except you don't support the fact that the party can elect someone that never worked darn pit?

How long has the labour party had factions?

How long has labour been in opposition?

The labour party although a democratic organisation is not allowed to change?

A little story ........ on my first trip back some years ago some of my friends and colleagues said things like 'you got out dint ya' not meant as a put down and not taken that way either as I always respected their choices.

I meet many 'poms' who have migrated here that were/are doing the same thing as when they arrived and some said to me ' trying to better yersen aye?' I respect their choices too.

I've never changed my grounding but have changed the way I see things and I see that compromise is the only way, nothing is permanent, nothing is ever 'won' or 'lost' just control over it changes hands, for how long, who knows?

Three of my forebears have hewer written down as occupation and at least one signed with a X and yet I'm one of the wealthiest people I know, because my needs are small and I live within my means. Education is the future but this will mean that things change, well and good if it's for the better, people can make that change.

if some in labour cannot change and adapt to conditions as they present themselves it's going to be a long hard lesson. It's already been 10 years+ how many more years are you willing to sacrifice on the altar of being 'comfortable within your skin' but in opposition?

Disunity is death.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 07:40:27 am by SydneyRover »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 20, 2021, 08:25:44 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It is his right to join whomever he wishes. But do we seriously think it's a good thing for labour? They are trying to move away from an anti brexit perception, this won't help that in the so called red wall where to many he was seen as an obstruction to the vote.

Of course he's been heading this way for some time, but he tends to overinflate his own importance so perhaps people will quickly forget. He's hardly going to end up an MP is he? But I could see them allowing him to be a lord.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 20, 2021, 08:33:12 am by Filo »

One of your mates on the left of the party, Corbyn’s right hand man, seems to like him joining

“ John McDonnell was shadow chancellor during Jeremy Corbyn's time as Labour leader and said Mr Bercow had been "scrupulously fair" in his treatment of MPs.

"He won our respect, especially for his fight to protect the rights of parliament. I wholeheartedly welcome him into the Labour Party," Mr McDonnell said.”

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 20, 2021, 08:50:23 am by Bentley Bullet »
He abused his position as speaker in a bid to frustrate Brexit.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 20, 2021, 09:08:57 am by wilts rover »
Tyke - he has joined as a member not an MP. I doubt we will become one as he wants a place in the HoL. Be interesting though if they put him up for somewhere in the Home Counties.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 20, 2021, 09:48:58 am by Filo »
He abused his position as speaker in a bid to frustrate Brexit.
upholding the procedures of Erskine May is a Speakers job, those that ride roughshod over those procedures are the ones abusing their positions, a strong speaker is not abusing his position

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 20, 2021, 10:14:35 am by selby »
  Just another nail in the coffin.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 20, 2021, 10:22:38 am by SydneyRover »
  Just another nail in the coffin.

''Everything you need to know about jaundice''

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/165749

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 20, 2021, 02:22:50 pm by selby »
  Syd, you and Bercow deserve to be together, personally if he was on fire laying in the street I would look for some fuel to add to the fire.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 03:07:20 pm by selby »

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 20, 2021, 03:06:25 pm by drfcdrfc »
  Syd, you and Bercow deserve to be together, personally if he was on fire laying in the street I would look for some fuel to add to the fire.

Funny that, id do the same with you

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 20, 2021, 05:34:42 pm by selby »
  I'm asbestos.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 20, 2021, 07:07:27 pm by belton rover »
How many more loathsome toe rags are suddenly going to become some Labour voters’ bezzies?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 07:09:53 pm by belton rover »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 20, 2021, 08:17:39 pm by tyke1962 »
How many more loathsome toe rags are suddenly going to become some Labour voters’ bezzies?

A desperately hungry man will accept any rotten piece of meat Belton .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 20, 2021, 08:51:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  I'm asbestos.

Aye, carcinogenic.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 20, 2021, 09:42:42 pm by scawsby steve »
Obnoxious, self important, little pr*ck.

No wonder his wife spent so much time with Paddy Doherty.

What a coup for the Labour Party this is.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 20, 2021, 10:26:41 pm by selby »
  Just a hook, same old bloater.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 20, 2021, 10:34:50 pm by SydneyRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012