Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:41:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saturdays Attendance  (Read 13307 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Saturdays Attendance
« Reply #120 on April 18, 2024, 12:59:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Total sales of all kinds home and away was this morning 8577.

Looking like the attendance will start with a 9 then. Decent enough.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on April 18, 2024, 01:05:22 pm by colincramb »
I think by Saturday afternoon this will be in excess of 10k

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on April 18, 2024, 01:05:38 pm by Dutch Uncle »

That will be enough to take the official (which includes all STH's at each game) average home league attendance to over 7000 for the first time since COVID

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on April 18, 2024, 01:25:07 pm by RoversInSpain »
DFP must have been listening…. Come on DFP keep us all updated over the next 48 hours…. Countdown to 10,000….

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on April 18, 2024, 01:45:19 pm by DannyRovers »
W31 tickets now available to buy  :scarf:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on April 18, 2024, 03:31:17 pm by Metalmicky »
W31 tickets now available to buy  :scarf:

433 tickets available in W31.

Total tickets currently available is currently 976.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on April 19, 2024, 07:58:17 am by Nudga »
357 left but the ticket site isn't showing W31.

Rovers should be updating this morning and this afternoon so as to drum up more excitement and get those last tickets shifted.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on April 19, 2024, 08:51:51 am by Padge_DRFC »
I know it was touted about doing reduced tickets prices for this game and I agree we shouldn't do/have. If we make the playoffs and the game being on sky along with all ST holders having to pay I think that would be a good idea to then? Did we do anything last time v Charlton? I don't remember the ground packed out at all

You absolutely do not do any ticket promotions for a playoff semifinal!! That’s the time to cash in, not lose money

No it doesn't. You work out. If we get 10k in at £15. But 7k in at £20 what's better

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on April 19, 2024, 09:14:34 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I know it was touted about doing reduced tickets prices for this game and I agree we shouldn't do/have. If we make the playoffs and the game being on sky along with all ST holders having to pay I think that would be a good idea to then? Did we do anything last time v Charlton? I don't remember the ground packed out at all

You absolutely do not do any ticket promotions for a playoff semifinal!! That’s the time to cash in, not lose money

No it doesn't. You work out. If we get 10k in at £15. But 7k in at £20 what's better

You're assuming if we discount all the time, more people will show up, making up the difference in revenue. That's a false economy.

We should not be under valuing the product.  How are we going to progress if we don't bring in sufficient revenue to support League One, then maybe Championship football??

On the positive side, normally a game v Barrow wouldn't be that exciting, but at least we know the vast majority are there to support Rovers and  not because it's against a more 'glamorous' opposition.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on April 19, 2024, 10:00:11 am by colincramb »

This is the most basic economic summary you could possibly have provided. You don’t undersell your product during the height of the most interest. You are gambling 10k on the assumption an extra 3k will turn up, if it’s a £5 less. What if they don’t? Where’s the evidence base to back this up? I don’t hear our fans complaining about ticket prices often.

The only way this would make even slight economic and financial sense would be if you could guarantee that the 10k would return week in week out. Even then, it’s a questionable model (selling something for less than your market worth)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 10:03:29 am by colincramb »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on April 19, 2024, 10:14:18 am by pib »
I make it over 8300 home tickets shifted now.

With corporates and walk-ups added on it should be our biggest home attendance (home fans only) of the season in any competition. Everton was the biggest so far with 8442 and we've already surpassed home sales for Wrexham by my reckoning.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on April 19, 2024, 10:19:35 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I make it over 8300 home tickets shifted now.

With corporates and walk-ups added on it should be our biggest home attendance (home fans only) of the season in any competition. Everton was the biggest so far with 8442 and we've already surpassed home sales for Wrexham by my reckoning.

Yes sales seem to have slowed a bit but you're right to point out the positives. This is just another step in the rebuilding process with more to come hopefully.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on April 19, 2024, 10:36:37 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Only 39 tickets left in the East Stand. Maybe start seeing the West Blocks fill up more rapidly during the day and tomorrow.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on April 19, 2024, 10:41:19 am by karldew »
357 left but the ticket site isn't showing W31.

Rovers should be updating this morning and this afternoon so as to drum up more excitement and get those last tickets shifted.

‘Last tickets’

720 left unless any more blocks get released.

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on April 19, 2024, 10:44:25 am by Park Rover »
Popped down this morning for another Colchester ticket and was told Saturdays game almost sold out !!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on April 19, 2024, 10:59:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Popped down this morning for another Colchester ticket and was told Saturdays game almost sold out !!

Well the club will have to make a decision whether to open up the North stand. Which will need more staffing with councourse bars and stewarding. This might not be as easy as we think, as it might mean redeployment some staff away from other concourses, when they'll really need all hands to the pumps.

I'm sure they'll find a way.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on April 19, 2024, 11:35:02 am by johnny rovers »
Block E2 in the east stand now on sale, this wasn't the case at 9 am. The majority have now sold out in this block, 148 available left to be sold.

Are we seeing a surge in ticket sales from the distribution of the corporate/kind gesture purchased tickets being handed out to schools and junior clubs??

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on April 19, 2024, 11:42:36 am by graingrover »
Not showing off but will repeat that I am not a business but have offered Rovers the 100 quid to pay for  14 kids and four adults at a game next season instead of buying a season ticket I can never  use because I live abroad .You don’t have to be a business to adopt your old Primary school for the good cause .I have adopted Dunsville Primary school where I was a pupil long long ago .

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on April 19, 2024, 11:46:43 am by johnny rovers »
thats why i put Kind Gesture Brian. Well done Sir.  :clapping:

i'm mistaken on block E2, thats the away fans who are going to be housed in there. i must say, they haven't sold very many tickets. probably no more than 250. very poor for such a big game

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on April 19, 2024, 12:00:50 pm by karldew »

i'm mistaken on block E2, thats the away fans who are going to be housed in there. i must say, they haven't sold very many tickets. probably no more than 250. very poor for such a big game

They have just had away days at Gillingham and Crawley.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on April 19, 2024, 12:51:36 pm by pib »

E2 is usually the away bit for small followings, but that's been opened up to home sales now.

Presumably the club are putting Barrow in the North Stand and would rather sell out the north end of the East Stand to home fans rather than the other way round.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on April 19, 2024, 01:06:11 pm by johnny rovers »

E2 is usually the away bit for small followings, but that's been opened up to home sales now.

Presumably the club are putting Barrow in the North Stand and would rather sell out the north end of the East Stand to home fans rather than the other way round.

I was originally correct in thinking E2 had been opened up to home fans.

Looks like there will be 10K plus there tomorrow.   

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on April 19, 2024, 01:24:35 pm by colincramb »
What if we sell the remaining open blocks today? Surely the club won’t turn any walk up fans away tomorrow when we will still have 3000+ empty seats behind the goal?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on April 19, 2024, 01:36:32 pm by pib »
You'd think there would be a plan in place to divide the North Stand and sell tickets there if required, however we do still have a few 'overspill' blocks in the West and East that they'd surely look to fill first - W32, W33, E1, E45 and E46.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on April 19, 2024, 01:38:28 pm by johnny rovers »
They will only be able to sell around 2000 in the north stand. The barrow fans are going to be located in one half and with segregation and likely 2 big blocks allocated to them.

I'm sure there will be plans afoot into opening the north stand up for both sets of supporters with the dividing walls being used in the north concourse

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on April 19, 2024, 01:40:03 pm by johnny rovers »
You'd think there would be a plan in place to divide the North Stand and sell tickets there if required, however we do still have a few 'overspill' blocks in the West and East that they'd surely look to fill first - W32, W33, E1, E45 and E46.

When I went to the Dons last Sunday about ten rows of W32 have had the seat backs removed so unless they have now been replaced they can't be sold
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:42:24 pm by johnny rovers »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on April 19, 2024, 01:51:53 pm by silent majority »

If only it was that simple!

You forgot to include kids who pay a lot less and also remove the VAT from your calculations to get a more accurate figure. The average take after VAT is around the £12 mark. To start to increase your take by reducing the price means you need to have an increase, over and above what you would normally attract, by a few thousand. And judging by the sale of tickets this week, the price is not the deciding factor.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on April 19, 2024, 03:27:20 pm by GazLaz »
What percentage of people buy in the day I wonder? Very likely to be less this weekend due to the demand and people buying earlier than normal.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on April 19, 2024, 03:32:20 pm by philsky »
I dont properly understand the online ticketing but it seems to suggest a couple of hundred seats left ?

I assume the club are holding some seats back for walk ups tomorrow ?

Check - I didnt scroll down - loads left  :s
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 04:19:12 pm by philsky »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012