Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:10:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Comms & Marketing Manager & Assistant Vacancies  (Read 10578 times)

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
Re: Comms & Marketing Manager & Assistant Vacancies
« Reply #30 on November 20, 2014, 09:45:55 pm by bfdoncaster west »
who going

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 20, 2014, 09:57:50 pm by ian1980 »
Perhaps the club is having a clear out to bring in fresh blood. In most organisations people move on, or are moved on and fresh people/ideas are brought in. It's known as clearing out the drift 'would' and cling ons!!

Not saying any of these people fall into that catogary but things have to be kept fresh.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 20, 2014, 10:05:48 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'd hope something is put out on DROS as well. He's one of the good guys and will be missed. Without him IRWT would never have got going. His patience with TLO myself and a few others is a credit to him as well ;)

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 20, 2014, 10:19:32 pm by bfdoncaster west »
who going

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 20, 2014, 10:21:31 pm by ian1980 »
Shaun Lockwood

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 20, 2014, 10:28:53 pm by bfdoncaster west »
someone sad 2 moer r going

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 20, 2014, 10:32:32 pm by ian1980 »
Some people talk crap, some people are bitter, some people talk the truth.

You never really know until things happen and you see it for yourself....

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 20, 2014, 10:42:38 pm by bfdoncaster west »
who going deebee

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Shaun
« Reply #38 on November 20, 2014, 11:14:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
FFS Why can't some folk accept Shaun has made a lifechoice. He's been working unsociable hours for a long time. He was always on duty when the likes of us were bugging him. Good luck to him in a normal job. Why does there have to be a conspiracy.

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 20, 2014, 11:18:48 pm by bfdoncaster west »
wot about the over 2 that going

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 21, 2014, 06:57:09 am by rtid88 »
Bfdoncaster west - Shaun Lockwood is going as a decision of his own no one else! As always people on this forum think there is some big hidden agenda and some big conspiracy theory but as usual no its just a normal bloke in a job moving on!! End of!!

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 21, 2014, 07:44:22 am by RJHeader »
Its not the work load he's concerned about, nor is it any kind of back-room issue. The club is probably better run today than its ever been.

Shaun is doing what we all do, he's looking at what's best for him and for his young family. Working for a football club involves unsociable hours, I would suggest that's the major reason.

If its some kind of cost cutting exercise, then why advertise two jobs are available and seek to grow the department?

Yeah as you keep saying. Yet still there feels like a lack of direction/leadership from the outside looking in. Im not saying the baord need to be as outspoken as JR was. But some sort of comment every now and again would be brilliant!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 21, 2014, 08:30:46 am by silent majority »
RJ, I wouldn't disagree with that, it's a point I've made to the club. Having said that I stand by previous comment.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 21, 2014, 09:05:44 am by Filo »
Well we have a few self proclaimed marketing experts amongst us, maybe one would like to apply and show us all how its done ;)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 21, 2014, 09:08:20 am by IDM »
Well we have a few self proclaimed marketing experts amongst us, maybe one would like to apply and show us all how its done ;)

Exactly.  Some folks on here are quick to jump on the club for perceived failings in marketing and communications yet now there are some having a go at the club for making changes.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 21, 2014, 09:32:14 am by wing commander »
   Deebee,It always amazes me how people can come to these opinions without no knowledge of any of the facts..I've just made someone redundant who had been here for a long time and there in lied the problem..I decided his department needed a restructure and although he was good at his original job,he couldn't adapt to the change,he had been here that long he couldn't change the way he did things he was too set in his ways..So sometimes these things have to be done...From the outside it looked harsh but that's the way it goes,things move on..I'm not saying that was the case with Steve as I don't know what that situation was..The only people who really know are the people who deal with it on a daily basis and there opinion is what matters...People move on from jobs all the time and how people can just assume that Shauns gone because he was unhappy is folly..

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 21, 2014, 09:40:53 am by bfdoncaster west »
who the 2 going

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 21, 2014, 10:14:31 am by Dagenham Rover »
   Deebee,It always amazes me how people can come to these opinions without no knowledge of any of the facts..I've just made someone redundant who had been here for a long time and there in lied the problem..I decided his department needed a restructure and although he was good at his original job,he couldn't adapt to the change,he had been here that long he couldn't change the way he did things he was too set in his ways..So sometimes these things have to be done...From the outside it looked harsh but that's the way it goes,things move on..I'm not saying that was the case with Steve as I don't know what that situation was..The only people who really know are the people who deal with it on a daily basis and there opinion is what matters...People move on from jobs all the time and how people can just assume that Shauns gone because he was unhappy is folly..

Tbh Wingco in this instance  I think Deebee would have a pretty fair knowledge of the facts

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on November 21, 2014, 10:36:05 am by DearneValleyRover »
I feel sad that Shaun is leaving too. I always find him willing to listen to ideas and criticisms and to give straight answers . He is able to inform you about what is going on without betraying any information best kept in house and confidential ... the mark of an honest pro . I know he thinks highly of the club and his colleagues and hope the club allow and encourage him to say a few words to fans  on  DROS before he leaves .

Totally agree and I look forward to reading Shaun's parting words on DROS sometime in 2016.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 21, 2014, 11:16:45 am by wing commander »

Maybe he has,of course that's hard to know without knowing him or his connections..I DO know that whilst a lot of people thought Steve was doing a great Job others weren't quite so impressed..However unless Shaun has told him personally that the two things are linked I still think its a quick and easy link to make....The point still stands though and it certainly wasn't meant at Deebee alone..People have come up with all kind of conspiracy theorys on the Steve Uttley situation and then decide its fact..

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 21, 2014, 11:18:28 am by bobjimwilly »
Shaun has just tweeted the following:

Seen a few conspiracy theories on @vscofficial that I'm leaving because I'm unhappy with the club or that it's due to my workload....
Sorry but nothing could be further from the truth, simply want to spend more weekends & evenings with this fella  [picture of his son]
Have genuinely loved & still love working for the club, there are some great people @drfc_official but it's time for me to move on
I know the club are going to ensure fan engagement remains high on the agenda for my replacement.  #IRWT #drfc
https://twitter.com/lockwoodshaun

Should put it to bed once and for all  :aok:

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 21, 2014, 11:22:08 am by Sheepskin Stu »
Hooray for Shaun and best of luck to him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 21, 2014, 11:29:04 am by Filo »
Shaun has just tweeted the following:

Seen a few conspiracy theories on @vscofficial that I'm leaving because I'm unhappy with the club or that it's due to my workload....
Sorry but nothing could be further from the truth, simply want to spend more weekends & evenings with this fella  [picture of his son]
Have genuinely loved & still love working for the club, there are some great people @drfc_official but it's time for me to move on
I know the club are going to ensure fan engagement remains high on the agenda for my replacement.  #IRWT #drfc
https://twitter.com/lockwoodshaun

Should put it to bed once and for all  :aok:

Nope, he's obviously been water boarded into tweeting that! :)

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 21, 2014, 12:23:18 pm by bfdoncaster west »
who is replacement

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Shaun
« Reply #54 on November 21, 2014, 12:33:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Had the pleasure of a call from Shaun this morning telling me his news and reflecting what he's tweeted. A sign of his high regard for the club and us fans that he chose to contact some of us personally. He said he'll continue to keep in touch and may put his two penneth in from time to time from a supporters perspective. Just make sure he pays his subs!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 21, 2014, 12:34:53 pm by Donnywolf »
Bit strange that as Homebase is only about a mile from the ground :coat:

:lol: :lol:

Obviously got some advice from Adebayo Akinfenwa

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 21, 2014, 12:40:27 pm by bfdoncaster west »
why not gave him free  subs!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Shaun
« Reply #57 on November 21, 2014, 12:47:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Could be an idea Brendan. Honourary member?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 21, 2014, 12:56:20 pm by bobjimwilly »
why not gave him free  subs!

we need his £12!

;)

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 21, 2014, 12:57:34 pm by PDS »
So the one time it could be legitimately posted, no-one has risen to the bait.....

Wot new marketing manger wood u get?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012