Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:04:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: IF we get relegated…  (Read 3629 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
IF we get relegated…
« on January 15, 2022, 05:51:58 pm by colincramb »
How many of the current squad will stick around for league 2? I’m thinking particularly about our ‘better’ players/bigger earners. So;

Anderson
Olowu
Rowe
Bostock
Close
Barlow
Bogle
Knoyle??
Ferji
Taylor

There might be a few more I’ve forgot about because they’ve been out so long. But that’s 10 players there i’m not sure would be up for barrow away next year. Another big rebuild ahead by the looks of it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: IF we get relegated…
« Reply #1 on January 15, 2022, 05:58:22 pm by adamtherover »
#when

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 15, 2022, 06:02:43 pm by normal rules »
When, not if.
Realism not fantasy.
I’m ok with that too.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 15, 2022, 06:07:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
The answer is the ones who've got contracts (even then, there's a couple I would consider paying up).

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 15, 2022, 06:08:46 pm by colincramb »
Yes i think it’s inevitable too. But just didn’t want to sound too doom and gloom. 5 of the 10 above are injured. Makes you wonder what difference that might have made if they’d stayed fit though

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 15, 2022, 06:11:02 pm by Bessie Red »
How many of the current squad will stick around for league 2? I’m thinking particularly about our ‘better’ players/bigger earners. So;

Anderson
Olowu
Rowe
Bostock
Close
Barlow
Bogle
Knoyle??
Ferji
Taylor

There might be a few more I’ve forgot about because they’ve been out so long. But that’s 10 players there i’m not sure would be up for barrow away next year. Another big rebuild ahead by the looks of it.

Think only Anderson, Bostock and Fej will go out of that list.

Anderson been with us a while and probably needs to move on now, Bostock too good for Lge 2 and will probably get a move to a Lge 1 club, Fej will probably want a new challenge.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 15, 2022, 06:11:38 pm by colincramb »
The answer is the ones who've got contracts (even then, there's a couple I would consider paying up).

Surely the only reason we’d do that is if they are ‘bad eggs’ and it’s for morale purposes and they also want to leave. Paying them up probably has the same effect on the budget than keeping them i would have thought?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 15, 2022, 06:14:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Bostock will end up at Sheffield Wednesday.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 15, 2022, 06:18:03 pm by rich1471 »
Look we are going down ,the signings we get should be a building for next season in lg 2.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 15, 2022, 06:18:42 pm by steve@dcfd »

Anderson
Olowu
Rowe
Bostock
Close
Barlow
Bogle
Knoyle??
Ferji
Taylor

Anderson.   Out of contract
Olowu.         Contracted
Rowe.         Contracted
Bostock.      Out of contract
Close.          Contracted
Barlow.         Out of contract
Bogle.           Out of contract
Knoyle??        Contracted
Fej.               Out of contract
Taylor.            Contracted
John.               Out of contract
Williams Ro      Contracted
Gardner.         Out of contract
Dodoo.            Contracted
Hiwula.            Contracted
Jones.             Out of contract
Agard.              Contracted
Ravenhill.         Contracted

So there’s 10 contracted  players
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:28:55 pm by steve@dcfd »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: IF we get relegated%u2026
« Reply #10 on January 15, 2022, 06:32:41 pm by Campsall rover »
The following of,
Jones, Knoyle, Anderson, Oluwa, Seaman, Close, Rowe, Barlow, Agard,
If John, Taylor and Ferji are fit make the basis of a squad.
I would also offer Joe Wright a new deal if fit also.
Keep Horton and Hasani as back up.

Get rid of Williams ( if other centre backs stay ) Gardener, Hiwula, Dodoo, and Bogle and i do not see Bostock staying.

So we need a left back 2 midfielders, 2 strikers and a wide player and I would also get another keeper as not 100% with Jones as no 1 keeper.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:57:53 pm by Campsall rover »

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 15, 2022, 06:44:39 pm by elmsallrover »
Yes i think it’s inevitable too. But just didn’t want to sound too doom and gloom. 5 of the 10 above are injured. Makes you wonder what difference that might have made if they’d stayed fit though problem is if they are injured next season are we going to have the same thing again

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 15, 2022, 06:49:45 pm by since-1969 »

Anderson
Olowu
Rowe
Bostock
Close
Barlow
Bogle
Knoyle??
Ferji
Taylor

IF ?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 15, 2022, 06:58:16 pm by Draytonian III »
I thought Jones is under contract until the end of next season

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 15, 2022, 07:06:24 pm by silent majority »
We also have options on a number of players so it’s our choice if we wish to keep them.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 15, 2022, 07:09:14 pm by Sprotyrover »
Anybody got the countdown app. I would like to see how many points we will probably get
Till end of season?

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 15, 2022, 07:17:53 pm by Silkscarf »
If we get relegated and players don’t want to wear the shirt then go. I don’t care who they are. I want to see players giving 100% for the Rovers. I am watching all the players very closely at this time. These are hard times and the good guys stand out a mile. Look at Tommy Rowe today. That’s what I want to see from now until May.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 15, 2022, 07:25:06 pm by Cramby10 »
I can’t believe there is a discussion about how many players we can keep for next season. This lot have put us in this diabolical situation. The more that leave the better in my eyes.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 15, 2022, 07:31:16 pm by Padge_DRFC »
The following of,

Get rid of Williams ( if other centre backs stay ) Gardener, Hiwula, Dodoo, and Bogle and i do not see Bostock staying.

So we need a left back 2 midfielders, 2 strikers and a wide player and I would also get another keeper as not 100% with Jones as no 1 keeper.

We will do well to shift Dodoo on whilst contracted.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 15, 2022, 08:08:15 pm by Campsall rover »
The following of,

We will do well to shift Dodoo on whilst contracted.
Yes it will be a problem. The names I gave are the ones I would keep and the ones I would ideally wish to get rid of.
What will happen of course may be different due to contracts.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 15, 2022, 08:14:22 pm by mpc123 »
Anderson
Olowu
Rowe
Bostock
Close
Barlow
Bogle
Knoyle??
Ferji
Taylor

Good team for league 2 that

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 15, 2022, 08:22:58 pm by Jersey Rover »
With 4 decent bog standard league 1 additions this transfer window I see us escaping the drop. We have played with half a team all season and still only 10 pts off safety. I got a feeling things will turn around sharply with those few additions, keep the faith

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 15, 2022, 08:53:30 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Of the players out of contract i'd offer Barlow, Jones and Anderson deals. Subject to fitness and the deal suiting us i'd also want Fej, John and Bostock to stick around but it's really only if they can prove fitness at the end of the season. We might be in a decent position with these players too. Given the time they've had out we'd not face much competition you'd think.

Is Seaman contracted next year? like to keep him ideally.

Really though i'm not arsed if any leave baring probably Rowe and Close. Some are good players, like Anderson, but it just seems to have gone stale here maybe it's better they do move on even if logically it'd make sense to keep them.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 15, 2022, 11:26:53 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
I can’t see many of the better players going anywhere because most of them have been injured for the majority of the season so would be a big risk for teams to go and get them if they have other options. Taylor and okenabirhie are the best examples because they’ve hardly played at all this season and are both way too good for league 2. Then there’s the likes of Bostock, John, close who are also too good for league 2 but been injured most of the season.

The only players that we have that I can see maybe going are Anderson and maybe Rowe. Others may go but think that will be down to the club unless the lads out of contract don’t accept a new one.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 15, 2022, 11:55:24 pm by RoversAlias »
I hope we can keep Okenabirhie and Taylor, if they're going to be fit. Both would be excellent players in League Two.

I would expect Anderson to leave if and when we do go down. Rowe it's hard to say, he was already dropping a level to come back here and he had no allegiance to Wellens that I'm aware of, so he may stay. He joined us permanently upon relegation to League Two last time as well, albeit under his mentor Ferguson.

As well as Anderson and Okenabirhie, we have Jones, John, Bostock, Gardner, E. Williams, Barlow and Bogle all out of contract. For me, I would be surprised if any of that lot other than Jones stays for various reasons.

So, potentially entering the summer with a senior squad of...

Jones, Knoyle, Seaman, Olowu, R. Williams, Horton, Ravenhill, Close, Rowe, Hiwula, Taylor, Okenabirhie, Dodoo and Agard + any new permanent signings made this month

It's not a bad base to build off for League Two in my opinion. We'd need key pieces right through the team, particularly in midfield, but I'd back the majority of those players to at least contribute at that level.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 16, 2022, 12:00:52 am by Bessie Red »
I hope we can keep Okenabirhie and Taylor, if they're going to be fit. Both would be excellent players in League Two.

I would expect Anderson to leave if and when we do go down. Rowe it's hard to say, he was already dropping a level to come back here and he had no allegiance to Wellens that I'm aware of, so he may stay. He joined us permanently upon relegation to League Two last time as well, albeit under his mentor Ferguson.

As well as Anderson and Okenabirhie, we have Jones, John, Bostock, Gardner, E. Williams, Barlow and Bogle all out of contract. For me, I would be surprised if any of that lot other than Jones stays for various reasons.

Jones, Knoyle, Seaman, Olowu, R. Williams, Horton, Ravenhill, Close, Rowe, Hiwula, Taylor, Okenabirhie, Dodoo and Agard + any new permanent signings made this month

It's not a bad base to build off for League Two in my opinion. We'd need key pieces right through the team, particularly in midfield, but I'd back the majority of those players to at least contribute at that level.
Plus AJ Greaves and Lirak Hasani!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 16, 2022, 12:22:42 am by RoversAlias »

Both out of contract I believe, along with Blythe. Remains to be seen if any of them get kept on as senior players at this stage unfortunately.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 16, 2022, 06:54:21 am by Chris Black come back »
The players likely left here next season are unbelievably lightweight for a league that will arguably be physically far more demanding than League One.

I don’t buy the argument that League Two is one step up from Sunday league, but the areas of abject failure this season eg total and utter inability to defend set pieces and a gaping hole in midfield, are going to be bigger problems next season in that league.

I think last time it was a disgrace that Ferguson took us down and it was expected he would bring us up. This season we are going down with a justified whimper and I don’t see an immediate return given what we will have in the squad and yet another huge turnover of players.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 16, 2022, 07:39:19 am by mushRTID »

Both wouldn’t and shouldn’t even make the bench in a promotion challenging side I’m afraid, even in league 2 from what Iv seen.

Probably ok squad players continuing their development.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 16, 2022, 09:54:00 am by dickos1 »
The players likely left here next season are unbelievably lightweight for a league that will arguably be physically far more demanding than League One.

I don’t buy the argument that League Two is one step up from Sunday league, but the areas of abject failure this season eg total and utter inability to defend set pieces and a gaping hole in midfield, are going to be bigger problems next season in that league.

I think last time it was a disgrace that Ferguson took us down and it was expected he would bring us up. This season we are going down with a justified whimper and I don’t see an immediate return given what we will have in the squad and yet another huge turnover of players.

Players like Taylor, Anderson, John, okenabirhie, close, knoyle, agard, Rowe
Would comfortably be amongst the very top players in league 2

TinyPortal © 2005-2012