Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:46:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This forum!  (Read 2031 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
This forum!
« on November 20, 2011, 12:49:06 am by dickos1 »
A couple of weeks ago we won! This forum was as quiet as its ever been. Today we lost and all of a sudden it's so busy it's unreal. I think that sums up the mentality of the majority of the clowns on here. Your waiting for us to get beat to say u were right. Which is pathetic!!
People like crofty moaning about passion in Derbys, remind me what happened under sod in the derbys at the beginning,, people were in uproar at his lack of passion and the shit results. Scunny anyone??
Majority of people on here are a joke and are not supporting rovers they're hoping we get beat so they can come on here n say they were right. Pathetic!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: This forum!
« Reply #1 on November 20, 2011, 01:01:17 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=199406
A couple of weeks ago we won! This forum was as quiet as its ever been. Today we lost and all of a sudden it's so busy it's unreal. I think that sums up the mentality of the majority of the clowns on here. Your waiting for us to get beat to say u were right. Which is pathetic!!
People like crofty moaning about passion in Derbys, remind me what happened under sod in the derbys at the beginning,, people were in uproar at his lack of passion and the shit results. Scunny anyone??
Majority of people on here are a joke and are not supporting rovers they're hoping we get beat so they can come on here n say they were right. Pathetic!!

Scunthorpe? Didn't get they promoted that season? Actually the 3 games SOD lost in 2006 were by teams that went on to be promoted. We were hoping for mid-table that season and play-offs if were lucky, we made Scunthorpe look a Division above us because in truth they were, if Barnsley go on to be Champions I'll take everything back. But didn't we also get draws at Huddersfield and Rotherham? They're Derby's in my book and a point is better than none.

It's not that I want us to lose, truth be told I hope with everything it doesn't but that doesn't mean I'm gonna keep silent and not gonna voice my opinions for the likes of you. I don't voice my opinions despite being a Rovers fan, I voice my opinions BECAUSE I AM a Rovers fan, I have their best interests at heart at when it's not working I think I have a right to say so, what do you expect when we lose? We're all gonna hold hands and sing kumbaya??

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 20, 2011, 01:07:19 am by dickos1 »
We lost to scunny and everyone was going mental, we drew with Rotherham, we drew with Huddersfield and everyone was questioning sods ability to get the players up for derby games. I don't question your opinion, I just think it's hilarious that people like you don't say anything when we get a great result but as soon as we get beat you here within minutes waiting to slag the team n managent off. Your not the only one! Just don't understand the mentality!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 20, 2011, 01:19:50 am by Mr1Croft »
Truth be told I had nothing honest to say about the game, we won and that was that, we were left biting our nails in the end and we failed to kill the game off but I'd rather complain at poor perfomances and results because talking down the team after a win is asking to be shot down.

I just don't understand how people can question others fans loyalty or their support by speaking their minds, as I say we're entitled to our opinions and mine is quite simple; DS was brought in to hange our fortunes straight away, the fact is he hasn't and were still bottom and although we have won games and taken points, we've lost when presented that chance to close the gap.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 20, 2011, 01:28:31 am by dickos1 »
Truth be told we won so there was nothing for you to moan about. We've lost today, and you can't get enough of it. Were in a relegation battle, you think were gonna win every game do you, is that what will stop you moaning?  Get behind the team and u might help in our battle rather than hinder it
F

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 20, 2011, 01:49:38 am by Mr1Croft »
Were bottom of the league and the manager spends more time on the touchline thinking about the finer things in life and how he can blame anyone but himself.

I cheer when we score and when we win, and I'll stay for 90 minutes and clap the boys effort if we don't; for me that is what bieng a supporter is about, that doesn't mean I have to support the manager, or the chairman for that matter, if I see something wrong I'm not afraid to say so. It's his job to pick the players, and I don't see why our first choice CB played in midfield something that has now cost us 2 games, and thhose king of decision earn my criticism...

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on November 20, 2011, 01:53:19 am by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=199422
if I see something wrong I'm not afraid to say so.

Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=199416
talking down the team after a win is asking to be shot down.

:whistle:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 20, 2011, 01:56:51 am by dickos1 »
Cost us 2 games?? Which were they? I thought we won our last game with him in midfield!! We were bottom when he took over, and he's won more games since he's been here than we did in a year before he came. I honestly don't see what he's done wrong. And to get on his back already I think is pathetic

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 20, 2011, 01:56:53 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=199423
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=199422
if I see something wrong I'm not afraid to say so.

Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=199416
talking down the team after a win is asking to be shot down.

:whistle:

Your point bieng?

We won, it's a result business, in effect there is nothing wrong if we win a game, end of story.

We lose, we ask why and we pick the faults.

VikingJames

« Reply #9 on November 20, 2011, 01:59:03 am by VikingJames »
My point being, those two statements contradict each other.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 20, 2011, 01:59:37 am by dickos1 »
So by your reckoning u have only got something to say if we lose?? That sums up my point!!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 20, 2011, 02:05:16 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=199425
Cost us 2 games?? Which were they? I thought we won our last game with him in midfield!! We were bottom when he took over, and he's won more games since he's been here than we did in a year before he came. I honestly don't see what he's done wrong. And to get on his back already I think is pathetic

Today and Middlesbrough Ilunga and Freind took turns playing in midfield and the weakness was showed in their first two goals.

It's not what he's done wrong, it's that he's done nothing right, we're still bottom and most of the players look lost at the best of times, and SOD lost the dressing room? He plays long ball when we have a packed midfield and decides to try a passing game when more are upfront.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 20, 2011, 02:11:58 am by Mr1Croft »
Twisting words to suit theories, I said I'm not afraid to say what I think, that said I never had anything to say after Ipswich, we got the three points and that's all that mattered.

Of course I've got something to say when we lose, we are losing and losing without team spirit, I hope to god I'm proved wrong but that doesn't mean I should back down not defend what I believe.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 20, 2011, 02:16:46 am by dickos1 »
We got the 3 points but I can't recall you coming on here saying how well diouf played or how well weplayed as a team and the amount of chances we created. But as soon as we get beat, well just look at what your doing.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 20, 2011, 02:29:52 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=199434
We got the 3 points but I can't recall you coming on here saying how well diouf played or how well weplayed as a team and the amount of chances we created. But as soon as we get beat, well just look at what your doing.

Your right I never credited him for that game in particular, but after the boro game I did have this to say;

sat in the East stand level with where he first touched the ball to \"two step\" his opponent was probably the best first touch I've seen from a Rovers debutant.

I was more than glad to see the Rovers win, I didn't visit the forum because (unlike tonight) I had better things to do on a Saturday night, tonight is not the same case, so I'm stuck on here.

Lets face it, you have your stance, I have mine. Let's just leave it at that, were going round in circles and I'm happy to agree to disagree...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 20, 2011, 02:37:11 am by dickos1 »
My stance is I loved sod to pieces wouldn't have a word
Said against him. And I was gutted when he went! But I support Doncaster rovers the club and the team. Saunders doesn't deserve criticism yet and I think we all need to stop getting on his back at every little thing and give him a chance. Nobody can deny the results have proved since he came so lets just hive him a chance.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 20, 2011, 02:51:55 am by Mr1Croft »
It's not a question of supporting DRFC, I do support them, as you know when SOD was losing games we could only defend him using injuries and blaming the players for so long.

SOD was sacked this season for seeing us bottom of the Championship after 7 games, Dean Saunders has had more games than that and although we have 3 wins and 2 draws we're still bottom, I know he needs to get to know the players but I just think if we get relegated the board can't really say \"It's not Dean's fault, he had to sacrifice 20 games getting to know his team.\" He was brought in for an immediate effect and we're still bottom. He doesn't have the injuries to blame like SOD and I feel for him, but that's football...

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 20, 2011, 08:28:47 am by madmick50 »
Of course I've got something to say when we lose, we are losing and losing without team spirit, I hope to god I'm proved wrong but that doesn't mean I should back down not defend what I believe.

Don't let Dickos bully you. You've hit the nail on the head about losing without team spirit.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 20, 2011, 08:32:02 am by jonnydog »
Just to chip in, I think it's the manner of which we lost yesterday that got me in an uproar. We were dire, the stats speak for themselves and as such think any fan would be in their right to slam the team after paying their hard earned cash to go and support their club.

Support I did, but the team certainly didn't respond. I am not pro/anti Saunders OR SOD. I will support my team through thick and thin, always have and always will. I usually have my rose tints on, and my sixth sense tuned in and spout usual Positive mumbo-jumbo that we will get better and we will survive in this league...

... But now i'm afraid those rose-tints are off. I, as I have said on another thread, have owned up to the fact that we will be playing League 1 football next season, I hope I'm wrong and I hope players start playing with passion, and yearning to win the game, I hope the points start flooding in and the Saunders tactic finally falls into place and we find our winning formula. But until then I will do what I always do, go to every game I attend with the viking in my heart, a song in my voice and cheer them on till I damn near lose my voice!! Cos thats all we can do/and what we should do, as supporters. After that I see nothing wrong with coming on here and dissecting the whats hot and whats not about our club!

As it stands, we're winning some, and losing some. Saunders has always said if we can get 8 points a month under his reign then it's enough to stop up, and i suppose he's on course in that respect. It's just the manner in which we are performing when we lose (and sometimes even when we win), that concerns me.

Still, i'm the tw@ for paying over £400 a year to go and watch them  :laugh:

:scarf:   :rtid:   :scarf:

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 20, 2011, 08:41:06 am by andyst79 »
I always try to keep upbeat and diplomatic on this forum, but I feel myself and others have every right to be angry after that performance. I worked 60hrs through the wk just so I could have the day off to watch that utter crap. I don't mind losing but the lack off effort from every player with the exception of diouf and the keeper is disgusting the midfield never even made a tackle how can any Rovers fan even defend them on the back of that performance? I'd give the young lads radford and baxendale a run out in midfield all I ask is a bit of heart and desire and pride to wear the shirt is that too much?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 20, 2011, 11:43:57 am by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=199413
We lost to scunny and everyone was going mental, we drew with Rotherham, we drew with Huddersfield and everyone was questioning sods ability to get the players up for derby games. I don't question your opinion, I just think it's hilarious that people like you don't say anything when we get a great result but as soon as we get beat you here within minutes waiting to slag the team n managent off. Your not the only one! Just don't understand the mentality!

I tend to respect what you have to say more than most on here, but I don't like being told what \"everyone\" was doing or thinking. Everyone was not behaving in the manner you allude to, some were and as usual they tend to be the more prominent voices (surely the reasoning behind your post on this occasion?) but it certainly wasn't everyone then and it isn't now.

Personally I have nothing to say about yesterday.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 20, 2011, 12:12:13 pm by dickos1 »
Point taken Jonathan, I agree with that. Just people picking at every little thing to make an argument against Saunders is doing my nut in! He need a fair crack that's my only point on the matter, the rest of the arguments all centre around that. In my opinion 10 games is nowhere near long enough for a new manager. He certainly shouldn't be given this amount of grief, he's won 3 of those 10 games aswell.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012