Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:33:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time To Start Planning For League One  (Read 4225 times)

drfc1951

• Forum Member
Re: Time To Start Planning For League One
« Reply #30 on November 20, 2011, 11:38:05 am by drfc1951 »
Just tell me how many of these so called big time were actually playing yesterday?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 20, 2011, 12:10:13 pm by madmick50 »
I believe it was 3. But that's not the point. It's the policy of bringing them in that is having a demoralising effect on the other players that is cause for concern.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 20, 2011, 12:15:40 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=199501
I believe it was 3. But that's not the point. It's the policy of bringing them in that is having a demoralising effect on the other players that is cause for concern.

How do you know for a fact that it is having a demoralising effect?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 20, 2011, 12:22:17 pm by dickos1 »
They needed to be brought in, our left back got injured, we've been crying out for a goalie. Can't believe your calling Carl ikeme a big time Charlie by the way.. And diouf has arguably been our best player in every game he has played. I don't get this team spirit nonsense, footballers come and go all the time, it's what happens. We've signed 3 players in 3 months. Other clubs have signed a lot more and are higher than us, not effected their morale has it!!

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 20, 2011, 12:34:35 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=199504

He doesn't. It's as simple as that.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 20, 2011, 01:33:57 pm by madmick50 »
Here is an extract from the Q and A session with John Ryan:

'Have the existing players been fully briefed on this plan? and if so, do they support it?

Yes they are fully briefed, they understand – and they are fighting for their places!'

The above is silver tongued speak from our Chairman. I interpret his comments as follows:

This is the plan whether you like it or not. I know you are all going to be pissed off but I have now joined the Mckay cult and I believe all his prophecies. I know you will all believe I have taken leave of my senses and will henceforth put in as little effort as possible as you will feel 'what's the point any more'. I just hope that one day you too will join our cult as our new disciple Dean Saunders has and come and worship at the feet of our new God Willie Mckay. I'm sure we will soon have many more disciples such as Benaldo and other easily led supporters as well who believe all the drivel I spout. Amen.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 20, 2011, 02:14:40 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=199508
Quote from: \"drfc1951\" post=199504

He doesn't. It's as simple as that.

Why doesnt he answer my question?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 20, 2011, 02:43:08 pm by DonnyNoel »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=199525

'Have the existing players been fully briefed on this plan? and if so, do they support it?

Yes they are fully briefed, they understand – and they are fighting for their places!'

The above is silver tongued speak from our Chairman. I interpret his comments as follows:

This is the plan whether you like it or not. I know you are all going to be pissed off but I have now joined the Mckay cult and I believe all his prophecies. I know you will all believe I have taken leave of my senses and will henceforth put in as little effort as possible as you will feel 'what's the point any more'. I just hope that one day you too will join our cult as our new disciple Dean Saunders has and come and worship at the feet of our new God Willie Mckay. I'm sure we will soon have many more disciples such as Benaldo and other easily led supporters as well who believe all the drivel I spout. Amen.

In a nutshell thats always the case for professional footballers though. Staff (ie player) turnover is always high and in the circumstances we were in surely they should have been fighting for their places anyway? They'd won 3 in 30something games, irrespective of whether we were going to bring in loan signings, permanent signings, freebies, big time Charlies whatever, at one point every player must have thought \"shit, if I dont turn this round my time at DRFC is limited\"? A lot of our players are around the 30+ year old mark and have been in football long enough to know how quickly fortunes can change, especially with the bringing in of a new manager.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 20, 2011, 02:46:32 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"madmick50\" post=199525

If that is how you interpret those words (if they did in fact happen like that?) then more power to you. Personally I wish you all the best, good luck at the palladium, give my regards to Michael Mcintyre, and just remember to keep the material fresh.

madmick50

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 20, 2011, 02:52:16 pm by madmick50 »
If that is how you interpret those words (if they did in fact happen like that?) then more power to you. Personally I wish you all the best, good luck at the palladium, give my regards to Michael Mcintyre, and just remember to keep the material fresh.

Thank you for your kind words. I've informed my agent and he is actively looking for bookings for me. Having read some of your posts he feels there might also be an opportunity for you as well. Maybe as a double act?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012