Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:27:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 906207 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #6390 on August 19, 2020, 04:59:30 pm by drfchound »
Even more incredible, the reception staff at Vets for Pets are immune (apparently) but the vets themselves have to wear a mask.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6391 on August 19, 2020, 06:28:22 pm by Nudga »

"No jab, No pay"

https://twitter.com/blackjackpupil/status/1296031043410157568?s=19

For 450 deaths.

Think about that, you're right to work, travel, shop, eat and watch any entertainment will cease if you don't have the vaccine.

And Uncle Bill told us last month, "we'll have to prepare for the next one (pandemic 2 as he calls it) that will get attention this time"
https://twitter.com/Quackhofferson/status/1277424319459667971?s=19

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6392 on August 19, 2020, 08:58:21 pm by Nudga »
https://youtu.be/EFa9JHMFO9s

Spanish Dr blowing the whistle, see how the journalists try to shut him down.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6393 on August 19, 2020, 10:16:17 pm by SydneyRover »
Nudga, the Oz PM Morrison said that the vaccine would be compulsory then late yesterday here said that it wouldn't! the guy in the vid is a 2IC medical officer state level I think.

I don't have a problem with no jab no pay or anything similar to stop selfish people endangering mine my friends and families lives. If they have a cast iron medical reason then they are probably going to die anyway .............. no didn't mean that but we can't really have half the country keeping the the other half in lockdown because they are members of the flat earth society.

We had heaps of antivaxers that wouldn't accept the MMR jab but when the no jab no play rule came in stopping unvaccinated children going to daycare most of them dumped their principles.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6394 on August 19, 2020, 10:26:49 pm by Nudga »
450 deaths Syd, a bit of perspective needed surely.

I'm not an anti vaxxer or a flat earther, please remember that.

But I won't be taking this rushed through vaccine, not when pharmaceutical companies are scrapping medical injury indemnities.

Do you not question why our governments and health agencies are not promoting healthy living?

They are promoting fear and this no jab no pay is bribery on a different scale.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6395 on August 19, 2020, 10:51:22 pm by SydneyRover »
And if those 450 included someome from your own family? apologies if my general spray at antivaxers originally included yourself I'm glad you're not I don't have a lot of time for people that are for no good reason Nudga, but with this new modern plague you only need 1 person infected with the virus for it to kick off again which I'm sure you already know. As you would also be aware the sheer quantities of plastic and other stuff, the time the cost and the risk to those trying to contain it is enormous.

I was myself in hospital earlier in the year and had to most of the 25 days either in ICU or isolation (not the virus) and every time someone walked in or out of the room another set of gown + gloves and mask was binned, a full sack every second day dumped and probably burned.

Even if a vaccine is ''rushed through'' it doesn't mean if won't be teated on thousands of volunteers first, I wouldn't take the russian one either.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6396 on August 20, 2020, 07:01:19 am by Nudga »
Syd, of those 450 people, there are a lot of variables such as

Smokers, non smokers, vapers
Over weight
Blood type

And to answer your question about if it was one of my family, I would want a proper post mortum done and I wouldn't expect the world to stop. There are now more people dieing of normal flu.
Now it's not a new modern plaque as you put it, it's not wiping out whole families or households.

The new vaccine may have been tested on thousands of volunteers but we can't see into the future of any side effects, autism, strokes, infertile etc etc.

Some of the boys in here are doing the right thing in looking after themselves, eating right and trimming off, why isn't that being promoted nationally?

All we're doing is creating a generation of anxious people who will end up with OCD washing their hands 200 times a day and jumping out of the way of others as though they are a biohazard.

Have another listen to the bill Gates clip above, and other ones he's done in the last 3 months.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6397 on August 20, 2020, 07:36:05 am by SydneyRover »
Agreed Nudga, the main risk factors contributing to death with the virus are being older, being bame, being male, being overweight and having underlying heart and lung problems. Many have more than one of these issues.

I don't really have an issue with those wishing to wait until the virus has been fully tested but I don't think there are any proven cases of immunisation leading to autism I think it's a crock. (see links) The other complications you have listed I don't know but if there are any they would be less than those dying from flu or other things, long term side effects are very rare. (see last link)

I agree if you're overweight and or have other problems you can sort for yourself yes you'd be mad not to do it but not everyone can, some of those who discus their health here are having problems with getting fit and trim.

Getting and eating good food is a huge problem for many look at the numbers of food banks and it can be generational if one's own parents didn't cook and mainly ate junk food the chances are their children will too.

Johnson has most of this in hand by encouraging fitness and by levelling the country most will be able to shop at the organic shops and buy the best.

Many many people regardless of what their personal condition is will die, one can't reverse a lifetime of poor inequality which is why bame people are dying at a higher rate nor can you reverse many of the age problems. It's these people that we have to look after in my view.

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/vaccination-and-autism-fact-sheet

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908388/

https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Comparisons-of-the-effects-of-diseases-and-the-side-effects-of-vaccines#:~:text=About%208%20in%2010%20people,headaches

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6398 on August 20, 2020, 01:22:07 pm by Nudga »
https://twitter.com/InstituteGC/status/1296332692179615745?s=19

Anybody concerned that the war criminal Charles Lynton is pushing the 4th industrial revolution?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6399 on August 20, 2020, 10:33:54 pm by rich1471 »
I still find it incredible that this virus can tell the difference between supermarket/shop staff and customers.
I purchased some cloths today i could not try them on in the fitting room that was closed in the store but could use the toilet in the stores café , what is the difference.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6400 on August 20, 2020, 10:38:56 pm by SydneyRover »
There has to be a joke in there somewhere?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6401 on August 21, 2020, 07:06:14 am by Nudga »
0 deaths(zero) in 24 hours.

It should be the main news on BBC etc, but it's not, I wonder why?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6402 on August 21, 2020, 09:26:50 am by selby »
I think some posting on here are being a bit too confident about being young is some sort of passport to not having to be so worried about this virus.
   In Spain the deaths have risen to 122 ( I think that is the last week) which is a rise, but at the height of the pandemic the average of people was 60 yrs old, the latest figures are 39 yrs for men and 37yrs for women.
  I think some people need to look a little more at their social attitudes and stop the partying.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6403 on August 23, 2020, 09:09:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6404 on August 24, 2020, 07:52:14 am by Filo »
The irony...

https://mobile.twitter.com/kieran_hurley/status/1296408091228020737

Did he catch it at all?

Did any of them catch it?

Everyone one of them has made an apparent full recovery, even the female MP who’s name I forget who supposedly passed it on to her 90 odd year old mother. They say people who had it and spent time in intensive care have long lasting effects of it, extreme fatigue is one, yet our PM who supposedly had it is out hiking in the Scottish Highlands

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6405 on August 24, 2020, 12:04:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This throws some interesting light on the mental effects of lockdown on kids.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53884401

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6406 on August 24, 2020, 12:05:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Filo.

Do you honestly think Johnson has been hiking anywhere?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6407 on August 24, 2020, 01:45:06 pm by Filo »
Filo.

Do you honestly think Johnson has been hiking anywhere?

Good point, I was of the opinion at the time he was n’t ill, I have the same opinion today, I don’t think Hancock or Cummings were ill either, they are all a set of lying bas**rds

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6408 on August 24, 2020, 02:36:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Has there been similar on office staff?  I wonder if a lot of people feel less pressure away from their overbearing bosses and thus more productive?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6409 on August 24, 2020, 03:51:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Has there been similar on office staff?  I wonder if a lot of people feel less pressure away from their overbearing bosses and thus more productive?

I suspect there are lots of factors working in both directions. I heard yesterday that there's been a huge increase in people seeking help for alcoholism.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6410 on August 24, 2020, 03:52:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That study about schoolkids raises some awkward questions about toxic cultures in schools though.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6411 on August 24, 2020, 04:08:00 pm by bpoolrover »

it does not surprise me as unless a child had someone close to them that were poorly they had less to worry about, most of anxiety will probably be around other kids or there friends or school work, during lockdown they didn’t have as much of that and had less to worry about

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6412 on August 24, 2020, 05:21:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

You clearly don't know how much school work kids were expected to do during lockdown. My kids had a huge amount of work to do. I suspect the issue is the absence of vindictiveness of other kids in the playground that has led to a reduction in stress levels for kids in lockdown.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6413 on August 24, 2020, 06:01:05 pm by bpoolrover »
I know lots as have 3 kids at school and they got next to no work for much of it, t took no longer than a hour a day to complete all the work. I agree about the playground thou
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:06:25 pm by bpoolrover »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6414 on August 24, 2020, 06:06:04 pm by ravenrover »
Grandaughter is 5, she was sent a weekly schedule of work, a couple of hours a day, to be done all through lockdown. A copy of the work completed had to be sent to her teacher weekly. Mainly to do with 3r's, were we relieved when the term finished

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6415 on August 24, 2020, 06:29:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I know lots as have 3 kids at school and they got next to no work for much of it, t took no longer than a hour a day to complete all the work. I agree about the playground thou

That needs taking up with the school if the kids got that little work. Mine were typically working 4-5 hours per day on schoolwork.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6416 on August 24, 2020, 06:38:36 pm by bpoolrover »
They have loads of friends at different schools and none got very much, my sister in law is a teacher and she was told not to set to much and typically set around a hours work in total for the week, probably why she is devastated about going back lol

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6417 on August 24, 2020, 06:39:29 pm by bpoolrover »
My youngest at primary school probably had the most out of all of them

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6418 on August 24, 2020, 07:02:35 pm by wilts rover »
Every child (with internet access) in our school got a daily learning plan uploaded to the website each morning. Those without internet access got a weekly hard copy.

The teachers created class video centre pages on the website with learning activities and updated a daily class blog.

They also spoke to each child and their parent/guardian weekly - not just on learning but also on things like online safety and mental well being.

Those who could not be contacted, and those who are on the safeguarding, list the head/deputy head visited personally.

I have no idea whether this was normal or just exceptional for our school, but that what they did.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6419 on August 24, 2020, 08:05:15 pm by Superspy »
I think it's fair to say (if only from the last few messages on this thread) that there was a significant variation in the way the schools handled all of this. My little one has just finished Year 1 and her teacher uploaded work every day that covered the various lessons. We made an effort to do it all right at the start but quickly realised trying to hold the attention of a 5 year old, in a learning environment she's used to just playing and chilling out in, for 4-5 hours a day, while both of us were working full time in the same room, just wasn't going to be practical.

We decided to mix things up a bit (short bursts of learning and doing things practically\around the house wherever) and just focus on the English and Maths based topics in the main - I have no regrets. We uploaded all of it back up for the teacher to review every day or every couple of days.

On the point about anxiety in kids, I'm with BST....lack of arseholes in the playground will have been a big factor (coming from somebody who was bullied for 2 years so a somewhat biased viewpoint). Kids can be t**ts. It's a shame they haven't done this across multiple age bands....I'd have liked to have seen how it compared against 16 and 18 year old students...the ones worrying about the next phase of their lives and the big exams, etc. I would have expected those numbers to go the other way...but then what do I know?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012