Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:38:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Impending Royal Wedding  (Read 6216 times)

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
The Impending Royal Wedding
« on November 16, 2010, 07:39:06 pm by Wellington Vaults »
I can see the scene.....

Cabinet Meeting - the Tories and their Lib Lackeys are sat around the table.

Item 1 on the agenda - \"Ideas for a Media Event that will distract the British public, for a few months at least, from the shit that will be hitting the majority of them very soon\"

Cameron, \"Ahem,,,Any body got Prince William's mobile phone number?\"

Or am I just a hard-bitten old Bolshevik?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re:The Impending Royal Wedding
« Reply #1 on November 16, 2010, 07:46:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Aye, we'll get a good idea of just how much Oily Dave thinks we're 'all in it together' when we see how much money gets chucked at it.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 16, 2010, 07:46:53 pm by Muttley »
That was exactly what sprung into my mind when I heard the news

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 16, 2010, 07:49:45 pm by Barmby Rover »
My immediate reaction was ... who cares? Not me.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #4 on November 16, 2010, 07:56:15 pm by GM-MarkB »
My immediate reaction on seeing Kate Middleton is 'yes definitely'.....is that classed as treason  :laugh:

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 16, 2010, 08:02:13 pm by Muttley »
GM-MarkB wrote:
My immediate reaction on seeing Kate Middleton is 'yes definitely'.....is that classed as treason  :laugh:

aye, that's t'reason I'm in as well!

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 16, 2010, 08:03:16 pm by esdailles left foot »
all i can say is watch out for white fiat punto drivers kate.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 16, 2010, 08:13:27 pm by Filo »
esdailles left foot wrote:
all i can say is watch out for white fiat punto drivers kate.

Aye, and avoid tunnels in Paris and make sure your driver is tea total!

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 16, 2010, 08:41:45 pm by jucyberry »
They are a very handsome couple, such a pretty girl, god help them both.

Don't think I would say thank you for his mothers engagement ring either, not exactly a happy piece is it?
Got to give the boy 10 out of 10 for waiting tho, none of this marry too young buisness, the press makes so much of the fact he has kept her waiting, but perhaps that has always been the agreement.

It's funny, thinking back to the days of Charles and Di's engagement I always found her repulsive,shy/sly looks ect, with Kate I think what a lovely girl.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 16, 2010, 09:21:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Muttley wrote:
GM-MarkB wrote:

aye, that's t'reason I'm in as well!

I understand that Cuckolding the Heir to the Throne is still, technically a capital offence.

A couple of dozen assorted nobodies who got their tops and fingers with Lady Di back in the 90s want to think theirsens lucky that Albert Pierrepoint died decades back.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 16, 2010, 09:23:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Aye, we'll get a good idea of just how much Oily Dave thinks we're 'all in it together' when we see how much money gets chucked at it.

I gather that the Top Room at Denaby Welfare is free on the third Satdi of May next year. That should do them for the do.

Age of Austerity an all that...

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 16, 2010, 09:31:55 pm by donnyproletarian »
Cant wait for the big day , i havent been this excited since i found my first pubic hair.Who cares about all that negative stuff like putting food on the table,NHS waiting lists and a soaring crime rate.For the next 12 months this life changing event will have my undivided attention .I dont think my piles will take the stress

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 16, 2010, 09:39:12 pm by vaya »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

I suspect this will be a surprisingly lavish wedding for a junior RAF officer and an unemployed woman.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 16, 2010, 09:49:13 pm by Filo »
vaya wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

I suspect this will be a surprisingly lavish wedding for a junior RAF officer and an unemployed woman.

Will she be a benefit thief? will they be means tested?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 16, 2010, 10:12:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just watching this on BBC News. They've had Prince Charles, Camilla, David Cameron, the lasses parents all giving their two-pennorth and Huw Edwards stood freezing his b*llocks off outside Buckingham Palace.

I'm waiting for them to dig up Winston f**king Churchill and ask his opinion.

And apparently, she's only a poor middle class lass. She only went to Marlborough College. So. At this rate, in 500 years time, we'll have a Queen who went to Edlo Comp.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 16, 2010, 10:50:18 pm by BobG »
Marlborough fcuking College? Ye Gods! Have you ever seen the place? If you park even just slightly askew, you get frogmarched back by the sodding school police force. If you make a noise passing by outside, you get jumped on from a very great height indeed. If you wnat to send your misbegotten there, you have to fork out upwards of twenty grand a term. A term!!! Middle class lass? 'Oo had 'er behind the bikesheds then? My heart fcuking bleeds. Not. This is a cue to go abroad again. I've managed to be out of this smarmy, arse licking, thoughtless nation for every single royal shag fest since that cow Diana pulled the wool over everyones eyes. (And speaking of whom, I used to play tennis with her 'police protection officer' m'lud. A right lanky female plod she was. With a natty little pistol in her handbag. She showed it me once or twice like. She had some cracking sotries about Diana. And none of them were flattering. The basic proposition being that Diana had an IQ that struggled to reach 80 and behaved accordingly.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, we need a bloody revolution.

BobG

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 17, 2010, 12:57:27 pm by River Don »
I'm amazed how so many of the British public still admire the Royals maybe I shouldn't be surprised given the moronic obsession with celebrity. Sometimes I wonder why the family still want to keep going themselves. Having to live a life under the media spotlight, the mind numbing public appearances and obligations to the state, not to mention being the prime target for every terrorist and nutter going.

When he was little William said he didn't want to be royal, the privilege and wealth has probably changed his mind, as a child he was probably seeing things more clearly.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 17, 2010, 01:18:21 pm by Filo »
I wonder if Ginner Hewitt will be best man?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 17, 2010, 01:19:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We're an odd country in terms of what we value.

Remember that Great Britons TV vote a few years back? If you ignore the fact that it was hijacked by Brunel University to get IK Brunel up to second, Lady Di finished second only to Winston Churchill.

So, in the long and glorious history of our nation, we couldn't find anyone better than a simpering, doe-eyed, thick as pig-shit adulteress to be the second greatest person we've ever produced?

Mind, look further down the list, and we have Boy George above Francis Drake, Robbie Williams above Edward Jenner, Freddie Mercury above William Caxton, David Bowie above Charles Dickens and Richard f**king Branson above James Clerk Maxwell.

Strange nation, we are.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 17, 2010, 01:23:09 pm by Mike_F »
Conversely, that restores some of my faith in the nation. When the enlightened and intelligent members of our society start spending 2 quid a minute ringing premium rate phone lines to nominate more worthy winners for a poxy tv list show, no doubt featuring Stuart Maconie and Janet Street-f**king-Porter telling us what to think we will be truly f**king screwed!

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 17, 2010, 04:06:22 pm by jucyberry »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
We're an odd country in terms of what we value.

Remember that Great Britons TV vote a few years back? If you ignore the fact that it was hijacked by Brunel University to get IK Brunel up to second, Lady Di finished second only to Winston Churchill.

So, in the long and glorious history of our nation, we couldn't find anyone better than a simpering, doe-eyed, thick as pig-shit adulteress to be the second greatest person we've ever produced?

Mind, look further down the list, and we have Boy George above Francis Drake, Robbie Williams above Edward Jenner, Freddie Mercury above William Caxton, David Bowie above Charles Dickens and Richard fcuking Branson above James Clerk Maxwell.

Strange nation, we are.

Depressingly, if that same poll was taken today, Cheryl Tweedy would probably be at the top of the list. the general public seems to have the brain power of a goldfish with dementia, if it isn't current , it just doesn't figure. Pop culture has a lot to answer for.

Personally, Nelson would be high on my list.., he is our local boy made good after all..
As a child I was impressed with Edward Jenner, we had the same surname, who knows, I used to reason he could have been a distant ancestor..lol

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 17, 2010, 04:44:29 pm by gillinghamrover »
The impending Royal Wedding, not fussed really, it neither concerns or affects me. However if the wedding day were declared a national holiday (without affecting any other bank holiday!) then I`m all for it!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 17, 2010, 06:41:16 pm by SkellowRover »
Kate Middleton...

The first person to squeeze a finger into Diana's ring since Dodi Al Fayed...... And the embalmer  :woohoo:

neilfinne

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 17, 2010, 07:57:15 pm by neilfinne »
i think it was a fiat uno actually, because i was driving one at the time, and it happened on the night we were driving back from llorett dee mar!!
(never take a cheque off prince phillip, it'll bounce)

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #24 on November 17, 2010, 08:41:28 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Well Dave is excited. He slept on the street before the last one. :S

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 17, 2010, 10:29:10 pm by Pintolager »
So Prince William and Kate Middleton are going to get married!

I have a little bit of advice for the happy couple to aid them in a long and happy future.

SEATBELTS!!!!!!!!

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 18, 2010, 01:27:28 am by Wellington Vaults »
Apparently Prince Harry will not be invited to the ceremony.....its family only.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 19, 2010, 08:07:17 pm by BLIR »
Kate Middleton, the first person since Dodi Fayed to get a finger into Diana's ring?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 20, 2010, 09:36:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
BLIR, the last person on the internet to make that joke?

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 21, 2010, 06:27:32 pm by Sandy Lane »
I really can't be fussed about William and Kate.  However, I think it's very sweet that William has given Kate his Mum's ring.  Hopefully it will be a constant reminder for him to love her and look after her well-being and be supportive.  But best wishes to both of them.  Other than that, I think I'd resent footing the bill for the security at the wedding, tho thank goodness Charles and the Queen are paying for it. Royals are good for tourism no doubt, but does the revenue from that offset the cost of maintaining all their homes and lifestyles?  I'm thinking once the queen is gone and a lot of her generation with her, that possibly this monarchy may die a slow death as I don't see any respect being afforded to any of the next generation.  I will admit, however, to being entranced with Diana's wedding back in the day.  But of course the media blitz was much less focused in the US, though it did get a lot of airing.  Sadly, the bad reality show that ensued has left a sour taste in my mouth.  Say what you want about Diana but she was a very public display of what happens to human beings when they are denied love, affection, family support, and friendship. I think that she was basically controlled by her position and relative isolation, hence the eating disorders which occur when people feel so helpless that the only thing they can control is their own food intake.  She may have been considered thick, but she managed to manipulate the press and single-handedly opened the door to a friendlier and more accountable monarchy. Of course I've not had to endure all the press about her since day one that you all have, but I still felt sorry for her. That may be a yank tunnel vision conclusion, -- I don't know, as sometimes I feel like a stranger in both countries.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012