Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:37:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Frankie Boyle  (Read 5821 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Frankie Boyle
« on December 08, 2010, 02:00:23 pm by MrFrost »
Has anyone been watching his new show on Channel 4? I thought the first episode was pretty poor, but I was nearly crying with laughter at the one last night.

He is being panned in the media with his latest tour as the content is so offensive. Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re:Frankie Boyle
« Reply #1 on December 08, 2010, 02:08:56 pm by rtid88 »
Went to see his stand up earlier in the year, and I was in hysterics for the entire show!! If people find him offensive don't watch him, at the end of the day that's what is humour is all about! I think sum of the stuff in the 1st episode was taking it a bit to far!! But he has got a bloody warped mind and I find him hilarious!! Mock the Week is not half as gud without him!!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 08, 2010, 02:27:20 pm by CusworthRovers »
Also saw him at City Hall earlier in the year. I/We thought he was funny at the start, but it got a bit too much and seemed hell bent on continual shock tactics. We weren't shocked by the way, just wasn't funny anymore. A bit like the time we saw Chubby Brown. Alright for the first 20 minutes of you fat f**ker this and you fat Kitson that, but get's a bit monotonous after that.

In summary we thought Boyle was good, but don't expect to be belly laughing all the way through. I thought he was at his best when he was interacting with the audience and pulled out the gags on the spot....very clever person that does that. We also thought the Canadian guy was funnier (on before him).

He's good on Mock The Week and that bald Kitson and the cock eyed mincer are not fit to wipe Boyle or even a Boyle on his arse

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 08, 2010, 02:27:46 pm by Andy Thompson »
I am going to watch his second episode tonight..MOTW is poor without him i dont even watch it any more.

Am going to watch his stand up on Friday at the Sheffield Arena..i can remember him playing in front of around 500 people at the Dome a few years ago and now he is playing in front of thousands..i am just glad i'm not sat on the front row  :cheer:

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 08, 2010, 02:33:51 pm by rtid88 »
The Canadian was incredibly funny, forgotten his name now, surprised I have not seen more of him since!!

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 08, 2010, 02:53:11 pm by Andy Thompson »
Was the Canadian guy Stewart Francis?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 08, 2010, 04:02:33 pm by rtid88 »
No, this guy had long hair! Never seen him before and never seen him since! But very funny!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 08, 2010, 06:30:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I find him very over-rated just far too OTT.  I find Mock the Week no worse off without him really (for me Hugh Dennis and Andy Parsons are awesome on that programme).  Guess it shows how opinions differ.  I'm not saying he isn't funny he is and I don't dislike him, he just isn't my favourite.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 08, 2010, 07:06:31 pm by mushRTID »
Love going to see comedians and Boyle is one of the most overated as BFYP says.

He wasnt a patch on Russell Howard or Jimmy Carr. Im not saying he is shit either, that accolade has to go to Frank Skinner. Utter shite.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 08, 2010, 08:06:52 pm by moses »
Last night episonde did seem like he was trying to be as offensive as possible. Some of the stand up material on the programme had been used before.
Though I spurted my tea during his Susan Boyle, never been kissed routine even though I have heard it before.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 08, 2010, 08:30:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'd rather fellate Kenneth Clarke for a month than spend 10 seconds watching that unfunny Jock gobshite. Cack, cack, cack.

On the \"I'm fcuking wonk at comedy but I make up for it by making tired offensive remarks if the sort that used to be funny about 30 years ago\" scale, he comes a couple of places above Nick Hancock. Utter fcuking shite.

looksgoodintraining

« Reply #11 on December 08, 2010, 08:54:10 pm by looksgoodintraining »
Craig Campbell, was the canadian support act

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 08, 2010, 09:25:34 pm by rtid88 »
That's him!! Now he was funny!! Got a tour nxt year, may well have to try and c him!!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 08, 2010, 09:32:23 pm by coventryrover »
Jerry sadowitz absolutely passes all over Doyle.   Razor Sharp and so close to the bone.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 08, 2010, 09:33:41 pm by Nudga »
One of the funniest comedians about is Lee Mach, brilliant stand up routine.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 08, 2010, 09:35:44 pm by coventryrover »
Jerry sadowitz absolutely passes all over Doyle.   Razor Sharp and so close to the bone.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 08, 2010, 09:39:04 pm by mushRTID »
Nudga wrote:

Went to see him at Sheffield this year, his opening act when he put a kid in a box and wheeled him off was brilliant.

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 08, 2010, 10:24:52 pm by Ian H »
I used to think that Frankie Boyle would be good .... not so sure that he would work in the Arena.

I saw Lee Mack at the Dee Dah City Hall too - excellent. Manford is good live - I can't believe that I like Rhod Gilbert. Adam Hills is excellent. My daughter likes Jason Byrne. Dara O'Briain was OK. Looking forward to Ed Byrne next.

There are a couple of Comedy Club events coming up at the Dome - one of them is Simon Evans (warm up for Lee Mack at Sheff City Hall).

Oh - Frankie Boyle, he doesn't offend me, but using the word Kitson a lot doesn't necessarily make you funny.

VikingJames

« Reply #18 on December 08, 2010, 10:38:26 pm by VikingJames »
I went to see Jason Manford last year at the Civic Theatre. Very funny, and much like football the live show is much better than watching on TV.

Agree about Lee Mack too. Haven't seen him live but he always makes me laugh when he's on the telly.

As for Frankie Boyle, I thought he was funnier 2 or 3 years ago when more thought went into his jokes. Now it just seems that he dishes out a lot of offensive bile just for the sake of maintaining his reputation as a bit of a controversial character. And I thought his new show was rubbish last week, so didn't bother watching the latest one.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 08, 2010, 11:38:28 pm by jonrover »
Nudga wrote:

Yep, another vote for Lee Mack here. Best comedian on the circuit at the minute for me.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 09, 2010, 10:27:35 am by The L J Monk »
Whilst Channel 4 viewers may only rank him as the 41st best stand-up ever, I'm yet to see a better comedian than Stewart Lee. Steven Wright would come a close second.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 09, 2010, 10:53:44 am by Sheepskin Stu »
This Morning With Richard Not Judy was excellent. Lee and Herring should reunite.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #22 on December 09, 2010, 12:57:42 pm by GM-MarkB »
I'm sorry but there can be only one....

The Big Yin

:laugh:

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 09, 2010, 07:13:23 pm by Ian H »
Septuagenarian Kenneth Clarke is hoping that the month that BST is proposing contains 31 days ...... You may not appreciate Mr Boyle but anyone looking to offer his gob around the Clarke penis has surely made a poor choice.

I keep getting people recommending Ken Dodd to me, but I haven't plucked up the courage yet!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 10, 2010, 06:45:52 pm by Mike_F »
Sheepskin Stu wrote:
This Morning With Richard Not Judy was excellent. Lee and Herring should reunite.

It's time to fly with Histor's Eye.

Classic comedy form two talented blokes. Lee has got the knack of delivering a comic rant with precision timing and rhythm that many lesser turns simply cannot achieve.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 21, 2010, 10:20:42 pm by mushRTID »
Just watching Boyle, the first iv seen of this show.

Shite.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 21, 2010, 10:51:29 pm by Savvy »
The L J Monk wrote:
Whilst Channel 4 viewers may only rank him as the 41st best stand-up ever, I'm yet to see a better comedian than Stewart Lee. Steven Wright would come a close second.

Steven Wright and Gervais are my two personal favourites! Some of the Def Comedy Jam players are good too! Bernie Mac and Cedric the entertainer are top draw!

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 22, 2010, 09:27:55 am by stockyboy »
I admit it`s an acquired taste but, Eddie Izzard is Brilliant live.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 22, 2010, 03:47:15 pm by jucyberry »
Frankie Boyle is the most vile ,disgusting revolting excuse of a man that I have ever had the misfortune to catch a few moments of.

I would rather cut my own eyeballs out with a rusty knife than watch him again..

I know they say there is humour in every subject, but kids with Downs, cancer victims and disabled children don't deserve to be the butt of this sick individuals crude attempts to entertain...

As always, BST summed it up perfectly.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 22, 2010, 04:13:25 pm by goalkick »
think he is an insult to the human race.am amazed at some of the young ladies in the audience laughing at some of the sickest humour around, the ones about our troops are sraping the barrel.thank god there are still some excellent commediens about who can raise a laugh without having to resort to boyles garbage, :angry:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012